• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrboo001

Banned
He's a new generation Shenmue fan AKA he never even played the games. He just knows it's about some dude named Shenmue who drives weird vehicles in that Sonic kart game and fans are dying for the third game because of a lost sailor or something.

Ok real talk, anyway to play both Shemue games outside of buying a Dreamcast? Always wanted to try it but have no idea where to start.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok real talk, anyway to play both Shemue games outside of buying a Dreamcast? Always wanted to try it but have no idea where to start.

Uh, well, there's nefarious means, but other than that, you're looking at a Dreamcast and OG Xbox.

Kaladin

You know what? I had planned to put up a Network Launch thread last night after Raw to coincide with one week till the Network launch, but I fell asleep on Raw again.

Network Launch OT goes up today.

Hasney

Original is Dreamcast only, but emulation of it is pretty fantastic now. Buy the GD-ROM then you're Hasney-approved to find a way to emulate it.

The OG XBox Shenmue 2 is playable on 360 at least.

Sephzilla

So the PS4 apparently already past the 5 million sales marker and is over a month ahead of their predicted pace. I guess it's also on a much faster pace than even the PS2 was.

Pretty cool

mrboo001

Banned
Uh, well, there's nefarious means, but other than that, you're looking at a Dreamcast and OG Xbox.

Hmm, alright thanks for the answer.

Original is Dreamcast only, but emulation of it is pretty fantastic now. Buy the GD-ROM then you're Hasney-approved to find a way to emulate it.

The OG XBox Shenmue 2 is playable on 360 at least.

Didn't know I could play Shemue 2 on the 360, might give that a try. Emulation is a grey area, but I could by the disc. Thanks

Downhome

Maybe I'm a huge mark, but I'm very excited for wrestling right now, and WWE specifically.

The main thing here is Cesaro. I have no clue where he'll end up, he's my top 1 or 2 worker in the entire company right now and I've been a huge fan since his debut, but what I do know however is that the guy has some of the best facial expressions in all of wrestling. There is a character bubbling up inside of this guy and it's about to be revealed to the world, I just know it. Before this year is over he's going to evolve a hell of a lot, and he's only going to get better in the ring as they allow him to work more and more. I can't wait.

Hell, the rest of the year looks great for many reasons. A lot of guys are reaching a point where they are either going to be given a chance finally or they will just give up on them for no good reason. There's maybe six guys who could be close to the top of the card by the end of this year. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this year.

joelseph

What are the odds that WWEN will have legacy content in a timeline or calender structure? I missed the Attitude era growing up and I would love to start at the beginning and not have any leg work involved figuring out what to watch next. Reading their FAQ it looks like current RAW and Smackdown content will take anywhere up to a year to encore on the network but that doesn't rule out the legacy content which does mention RAW and Smackdown. The PPV content will be nice, but I want all the episodic content layed out for me to consume as it came out historically. One can dream..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are the odds that WWEN will have legacy content in a timeline or calender structure? I missed the Attitude era growing up and I would love to start at the beginning and not have any leg work involved figuring out what to watch next. Reading their FAQ it looks like current RAW and Smackdown content will take anywhere up to a year to encore on the network but that doesn't rule out the legacy content which does mention RAW and Smackdown. The PPV content will be nice, but I want all the episodic content layed out for me to consume as it came out historically. One can dream..

I honestly don't know. I had originally thought it was a lock. I'm expecting a minor content bump near the end of the week 1 trial, then a major one at the end of the six month block to get or retain new subs.

I don't know how passionate and driven they are about providing new content on a a monthly basis, even. We'll have to see.

The main thing here is Cesaro. I have no clue where he'll end up

superstars_logo2.png

Hasney

Hmm, alright thanks for the answer.

Didn't know I could play Shemue 2 on the 360, might give that a try. Emulation is a grey area, but I could by the disc. Thanks

Yeah, if you had an OG Xbox knocking about, it's best to use that as these are the problems according to wiki on the backwards compatability version on the 360:

Changing the game's 'Filter' to a different color does not work and causes a brief pause. Camera snap shots also causes a brief 0.1 second pause but works. Sound issues with advanced scart leads and VGA cable. Arcade games (i.e.: Outrun, Space Harrier) have noticeable glitches in the textures and the classic games do not work in PAL60 mode. Runs smoothly like the original release on the Dreamcast, except for Japanese voice tracks. All real-time shadows are missing.

Sephzilla

I was actually hyped for Raw last night. Cesaro/Cena, Reigns/Henry, more Shield/Wyatts hype, Daniel Bryan continuing to be the best guy in the company.

I tuned out of Raw though before Orton/Shaemus though, because fuck that noise.

Ambrose and Rollins are yhe true talents of The Shield. Fuxk this shit by ignoring them. A,brose has the most siddistically seductive voice I have ver heard out of a man. It's like he is perpetually drunk but still in control.

Hasney

Might be picking up an XB1 sooner than I thought. Think there's some kind of MS support scam going on as people are selling "replacement" consoles without wires for £200. Don't need Kinect, so joypad & power lead and I'm away.

Gonna give it some thought.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I honestly don't know. I had originally thought it was a lock. I'm expecting a minor content bump near the end of the week 1 trial, then a major one at the end of the six month block to get or retain new subs.

I don't know how passionate and driven they are about providing new content on a a monthly basis, even. We'll have to see.

Oh boy, Never heard that one before.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Hey, is it true that if I want to watch the Network on my game console, it needs to be plugged in and turned on? I don't know if I can manage that...

Hasney

Hey, is it true that if I want to watch the Network on my game console, it needs to be plugged in and turned on? I don't know if I can manage that...

Blame stupid people for that having to be explained. Anyone who's ever worked in any kind of support knows that this has to actually be stated to some people.

Aiii

So not worth it
SEScoops generally gets it right when they have an exclusive, but take this for the dirtsheet crap it is:
Cesaro has finally won Vince McMahon over after his stellar match against John Cena last night on RAW.

According to a high-level source who was backstage at the show, Vince was “thrilled” with the match and has finally recognized Cesaro’s potential. Cesaro received a standing ovation backstage after his match against Cena.

Several of Vince’s trusted advisors told him they think Cesaro can be one of the biggest stars in the company.

Cesaro has been over fans and colleagues with his unique move set and his impressive feats of strength, but it was only a year ago when Vince told the writers and producers that he saw nothing in the Swiss Superstar.

Following RAW, Cesaro’s ‘stock’ with Vince hit an all time high.

I love the build up to the Wyatts vs Shield isn't watered down by having them all compete in singles matches before they square off. The only thing I don't like about this feud is the internal conflict with Dean and Reigns so most likely they will lose. Would be great if the match ended with Reigns pinning Bray

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I love the build up to the Wyatts vs Shield isn't watered down by having them all compete in singles matches before they square off. The only thing I don't like about this feud is the internal conflict with Dean and Reigns so most likely they will lose. Would be great if the match ended with Reigns pinning Bray
Need to keep Bray strong before Cena devours him

Ugh. Other way around maybe.

EDIT: New Page
NXT_175_Photo_14-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom