• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have to talk about games in here. I sure as fuck ain't going over there to do it

Also, every time I boot up Origin, I just see SimCity and get pissed all over again

When WrassleGAF posts about games we're in a good territory. Like we're all on boats,flexin.

ibtJdS3xL5slp4.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The following two shows have been announced by Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore promotion:

* June 6th: Poughkeepsie, New York (Mid-Hudson Civic Center)
* June 7th: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (National Guard Armory)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really shoulda saved that next gen console money to buy a new PC since that's all I've played on since buying the thing.

Eh, Infamous will help. YO LOOKS LIKE CAPCOMS GONNA CHARGE FOR NG+ ON STRIDER

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still wish Dave Batista would have come back right after Man with the Iron Fists as "Brass Body" Dave Batista. It's a decent gimmick. I don't mean with the makeup, but basically live reinvent himself (to a small degree)

Sephzilla

I really shoulda saved that next gen console money to buy a new PC since that's all I've played on since buying the thing.

Eh, Infamous will help. YO LOOKS LIKE CAPCOMS GONNA CHARGE FOR NG+ ON STRIDER

Everyone likes to get preachy about how you shouldn't buy next gen systems at launch because there are no games blah blah blah. But you know what? Besides the day I bought mine, I have yet to see a PS4 out in the wild. At least when inFamous comes out I'll have a system to play it on.

Also, what's this about Capcom charging for Strider NG+?

Recall

Hot damn did Kidman and Mysterio have some cracking singles matches back in WCW, more on TV than on PPV but still great times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone likes to get preachy about how you shouldn't buy next gen systems at launch because there are no games blah blah blah. But you know what? Besides the day I bought mine, I have yet to see a PS4 out in the wild. At least when inFamous comes out I'll have a system to play it on.

Also, what's this about Capcom charging for Strider NG+?

From GameInformer
The game doesn’t have a traditional teleportation system, so it can be a pain to trudge all the way across the world when you’re trying to mop up the last round of collectibles before the last boss. Then, when you beat the game, you have to decide whether you want to save and lose your current game or not save and shoot back to the last checkpoint. There’s only one save file available, so you can’t duplicate it and have it both ways.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Metal Gear Rising soundtrack enhances Titanfall tenfold

Sleeping Dogs is better than Batman combat. I can't believe people thought because it was more complex it was somehow worse.

Also, it's Bully/Warriors combat. Not Batman combat.

kiguel182

The reaction for the Baptista and Orton stare down should be pretty indicative that people aren't buying it. What a disaster that was.

Rest of the show was pretty good, I think it was a little too match heavy but the matches were good so it could've been worse. But it's clear the creative team can't come up with new stuff that doesn't involve throwing the wrestlers out there to do there thing with maybe an in ring promo (that doesn't advance things) or a dance-off to cool things off.

Titus was great, Shield vs Wyatts deserved more time for their confrontation, and Cesaro is in beast mode. I was expecting Kane vs Bryan for the EC but I guess they'll probably do it during the road to Mania.

Overall, slightly improvement over next week but things will only kick into high-gear after EC so it should be better then.

As a side-note, King said that Cena got the biggest reactions on the show (clearly not true) and that Cole said that Cesaro had a similar style to him, that's almost blasphemy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey now let's not get too carried away. Batman is a awesome character

Also origins peaks at the deathstoke fight

I did enjoy that fight a lot. Batman is tired though, and I can't stand most of his books either. I've spent a reasonable amount of time trying them - some of them were alright, but in general, it's just too much to deal with a hero who has his morals all fucked up. Batman is a bad person because instead of making a real solution to serial killers, he lets them out to kill again and again. Real nice Buttman.

i have something for everyone till the end of the month, things will slow down in March:

DRADITION 2013 - LEONA vs MASAKATSU FUNAKI
FMW 1997 - VADER vs KEN SHAMROCK
NJPW v UWFi 1995 - NOBUHIKO TAKADA vs KEIJI MUTOH
PANCRASE 2003 - JOSH BARNETT vs YUKI KONDO
PRIDE 2002 - BOB SAPP vs MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA
PWFG 1991 - WELLINGTON WILKINS JR vs YUSUKE FUKE
RINGS 1999 - AKIRA MAEDA vs ALEXANDER KARELIN
RINGS 1999 - KIYOSHI TAMURA vs YOSHIHISA YAMAMOTO
UWF 1990 - MASAKATSU FUNAKI vs KEN SHAMROCK
UWFi 1993 - VADER vs KAZUO YAMASAKI

I still wish Dave Batista would have come back right after Man with the Iron Fists as "Brass Body" Dave Batista. It's a decent gimmick. I don't mean with the makeup, but basically live reinvent himself (to a small degree)

Hahaha, that movie was worse than Wrong Side of Town though.

There's a new preview of the Guardians of the Galaxy in OT... Batista looks pretty much exactly like how he did in the Man with the Iron Fists except he's no longer gold.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha, that movie was worse than Wrong Side of Town though.

There's a new preview of the Guardians of the Galaxy in OT... Batista looks pretty much exactly like how he did in the Man with the Iron Fists except he's no longer gold.

Wrong Side of Town was a delight. Batista was a shining jewel in it. RVD on the other hand...was fun to watch as he acted like a perma-dipshit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Banished and Strider are coming out soon. I wanna check both of those out. I'm curious abuot Theme Park Studios just because I love Theme Parks. Shadowrun dlc even though I didn't finish the base game. Lords of Shadow 2 maybe. South Park.

Everything coming out at once.

Aiii

So not worth it
I did enjoy that fight a lot. Batman is tired though, and I can't stand most of his books either. I've spent a reasonable amount of time trying them - some of them were alright, but in general, it's just too much to deal with a hero who has his morals all fucked up. Batman is a bad person because instead of making a real solution to serial killers, he lets them out to kill again and again. Real nice Buttman.

Don't put Gotham's sheer incompetence to keep the perps detained for longer than a week on Batman. Batman arrests them and brings them in, that's noble. It's not on him The Joker break out almost instantly. He can't become an executioner just because the government keeps failing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't put Gotham's sheer incompetence to keep the perps detained for longer than a week on Batman. Batman arrests them and brings them in, that's noble. It's not on him The Joker break out almost instantly. He can't become an executioner just because the government keeps failing.

He's an idiot. You'd think he would realize he's causing more problems than he's solving. Fucking moron. Fuck you Batman, you suck ass and have ever since 1971.

Banished and Strider are coming out soon. I wanna check both of those out.

Banished is out now (on GoG, at least) and I'd definitely give it a thumbs up so far, despite there being no scenario mode. Hopefully there'll be reason enough to replay it without one, though, as the game really seems like a micromanagement fan's dream. It's rock hard when played on the top difficulty (normal and easy give you a bunch of resources and population boost to start with), so there's definitely some good challenge there. My first attempt at survival failed on the third winter when I ran out of firewood and everyone froze to death, lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best Kevin Nash movie: Punisher, TMNT 2, or Magic Mike?

Kevin Nash was the worst part of Magic Mike. He was absolutely horrible.

Punisher for sure, even though that movie pales in comparison to the Dolph Lundgren and the War Zone films.

Bootaaay, if you haven't seen it yet, i think you'll have a special interest in this match:

DRADITION 2013 - LEONA vs MASAKATSU FUNAKI

Leona is Leona Fujinami, son of the legend Tatsumi Fujinami, having his debut match.

tumblr_mvyaom8iDk1qj1jhno2_500.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wish the US PSN store would update at a set time. Was really wanting Strider downloaded before I got home from work.

I saw our friend cjelly playin it on his Bone a few days ago, I think he used the "aegies" trick. How was it Jelly Man?

(side note - with the exception of the original arcade ver, all Strider games have sucked. hard.)

Bootaaay, if you haven't seen it yet, i think you'll have a special interest in this match:

Leona is Leona Fujinami, son of the legend Tatsumi Fujinami, having his debut match.

Yeah, I saw that Dradition show back in January - Funaki really laid it into the kid, lol.

Watching a Dradition show from November. Tatsumi Fujinami must be a sadist to book his son Leona against Masakatsu Funaki for his debut match - he toys with the kid for a few minutes and then just kicks him to death

Hasney

I saw our friend cjelly playin it on his Bone a few days ago, I think he used the "aegies" trick. How was it Jelly Man?

(side note - with the exception of the original arcade ver, all Strider games have sucked. hard.)

Played the shit out of the original Mega Drive one, loved that hard.

Then again, I loved the Altered Beast port, so I'm not sure I'm a barometer of 90's quality.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Played the shit out of the original Mega Drive one, loved that hard.

Then again, I loved the Altered Beast port, so I'm not sure I'm a barometer of 90's quality.

Heh. I never did play the MD Strider though, that's a spot I'm lacking. I did beat the piss out of the godawful NES one though.

Wrong Side of Town was a delight. Batista was a shining jewel in it. RVD on the other hand...was fun to watch as he acted like a perma-dipshit.

This movie was actually pretty fucking awesome. I saw this randomly on Netflix and saw RVD starred in it. Never heard of the movie but it was damn fun. A total 80's action movie throwback

Emma looked incredibily beautiful last night except for that lipstick. Then it was so obvious what they were going for. Uuuugggghhhhhh. Broad is going to be Santino's valet and idiot buddy for the next year at least. Renee wore a black dress interesting....

The only parallel I can think of is when they put David Flair in the ring with Meng.

Hashimoto's kid got a pretty brutal set of matches for his debut; Chono, Mutoh and then getting squished by Vader in a tag match. His whole rookie year was peppered with veterans kicking his ass; Mochizuki, Takayama, Tenzan, Choshu, Otani, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom