• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

I want Vince to go up to Networks and say "We've got our own Network, either you go top dollar, or nobody gets to broadcast the #1 show on cable TV. We'll do it ourselves."

...and I want them all to call his bluff.

What do you guys think would be the best possible rivalry using the current WWE roster?

Eva Marie vs. MMAksana would be my pick. They would be our generation's female-equivalent of Rock and Austin. Shit would be tight.

What do you guys think would be the best possible rivalry using the current WWE roster?

Eva Marie vs. MMAksana would be my pick. They would be our generation's female-equivalent of Rock and Austin. Shit would be tight.

tumblr_n15lkdJxv41qaa8d1o4_250.gif

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Move Bo Dallas up to the main roster, and have him feud with Christian in a Blue Dot match where the loser has to have his face censored with a blue dot when he shows up on tv.

Naturally, Christian loses.

jmdajr

God damn it's one run-in after another today. I need a break.

Anyhow, Cena interview with Austin was good, same for his match last night. Hopefully all the positive things he talked about turn out to be true.

Aiii

So not worth it

This joke is bad.

Serious answer: Bryan vs. Heel Punk for the title.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NASCAR got a huge new tv deal despite a decline in ratings and attendance. WWE does better ratings and unlike the attitude era doesn't drive advertisements away with its content.

Vylash

"We Want Eva!" chants during every match, #AllRedEverything signs all over the crowd

MrGlass

I know you guys are going to shit on this because it's not actually a good idea but...

they should totally do a British Empire type stable with Barrett as the leader. Have Regal as the manager and have Paige as the token diva. Bring in PAC and Mason Ryan to be the tag team of the group. Could even have McIntyre there and have the group eventually turn on him should Scotland become independent later this year.

Failing all that, just give them an Only Fools and Horses gimmick. It's a classic for a reason and it writes itself.

I know you guys are going to shit on this because it's not actually a good idea but...

they should totally do a British Empire type stable with Barrett as the leader. Have Regal as the manager and have Paige as the token diva. Bring in PAC and Mason Ryan to be the tag team of the group. Could even have McIntyre there and have the group eventually turn on him should Scotland become independent later this year.

Failing all that, just give them an Only Fools and Horses gimmick. It's a classic for a reason and it writes itself.

You should play WWE12

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Breh, nothing will ever touch the throne of Melina vs Alicia Fox.

Why don't they just focus on getting subscribers? A measly 2mil subscribers would cover PPV/TV revenue with ease. Which isn't that far off reach within a couple of years imo.

But i wonder why wrestling is always the black sheep. RAW gets a steady ~4mil views and hasn't Smackdown been doing pretty damn good lately?

NASCAR got a huge new tv deal despite a decline in ratings and attendance. WWE does better ratings and unlike the attitude era doesn't drive advertisements away with its content.

Doesn't matter, it's wrestling, and lots of people don't want to be associated with it. When something like NASCAR's rights become available, there are major networks competing for the rights, thus creating competition which inflates the price. Who is competing for WWE's rights?

The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston. They have unfinished business.

Also, Tensai vs. The Main Event Playa, Brodus Clay. WE NEVER GOT THE BLOWOFF MATCH!

Rumour has it that New Japan are sending 10 wrestlers over to ROH in May for Border Wars 2014 in Toronto and the Hammerstein Ballroom show later that month.

Would be pretty awesome if true. Any guesses at potential matches?

Time Splitters vs Adrenaline Rush
Elgin vs Ishii
Hero vs Nakamura

jred2k

I want Vince to go up to Networks and say "We've got our own Network, either you go top dollar, or nobody gets to broadcast the #1 show on cable TV. We'll do it ourselves."

...and I want them all to call his bluff.

I imagine their negotiation presentation is just a PowerPoint of "Did You Know" slides.

Heel

FOX would be wise to make a run at WWE to save their other sports entertainment property, Ultimate Fighting Championship, from a steady ratings decline. RAW being a lead-in to The Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV saved the Ultimate Fighting Championship from a certain demise, and could give them another much needed shot in the arm in 2014.

gurudyne

fucking never again

No one would be saying this if my guy had won. The thread would look like a wild hillbilly cult had taken it over and it would be awesome.

FOX would be wise to make a run at WWE to save their other sports entertainment property, Ultimate Fighting Championship, from a steady ratings decline. RAW being a lead-in to The Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV saved the Ultimate Fighting Championship from a certain demise, and could give them another much needed shot in the arm in 2014.

Three hours of wrestling as a lead in to UFC? That sounds horrible.

Breh, nothing will ever touch the throne of Melina vs Alicia Fox.

Who are you to doubt El Dandy Eva Marie?

On one hand, MMAksana could be the monster heel that takes out the diva division one by one to finally get the title. I mean she already legit injured a couple of 'em in the span of a month.

On the other hand, you got green up an comer Eva Marie as the underdog of this feud. Her wrestling ability is constantly under doubt and ridicule by those around her. Not to mention that MMAksana keeps beating her up every week.

They then meet at the grandest stage of 'em all. Eva is getting beaten down pretty badly. But by operating on pure instinct, Eva finally rises above hate, overcomes the odds, and delivers her new finisher: The Red Hot Kick.

Heart pounding, time slows down to a crawl. After exerting all her power to deliver that flaming kick, Eva collapses. But by the power of her will alone, she uses every ounce of strength left in her body to get the cover on MMAksana's motionless body.

"BAH GAWD MAGGLE, EVA HAS DONE IT AT LAST", screamed JBL. "I LOVE IT!"

Now 80,000 raging Evamaniacs are off their seats and going wild. A standing ovation of the highest order is given to our heroine. She has finally earned her due.

But wait.

MMAksana rises up from the ashes. The crowd is dead silent, in a fashion reminiscent to how they are during Randy Orton promos. "But whose side is she on?!" asks King. "Maybe next week SHE won't be around." King said, followed by a self-assuring nod.

After a tense few moments, MMAksana extends her arm out for a handshake. She realizes the error of her ways, and goes back to being just Aksana.

But wait!

Eva and Aksana then make out in the middle of the ring in order to seal the deal, and let bygones be bygones.

And they all lived happily ever after.

This shit writes itself, breh.

jred2k

On one hand, MMAksana could be the monster heel that takes out the diva division one by one to finally get the title. I mean she already legit injured a couple of 'em in the span of a month.

On the other hand, you got green up an comer Eva Marie as the underdog of this feud. Her wrestling ability is constantly under doubt and ridicule by those around her. Not to mention that MMAksana keeps beating her up every week.

They then meet at the grandest stage of 'em all. Eva is getting beaten down pretty badly. But by operating on pure instinct, Eva finally rises above hate, overcomes the odds, and delivers her new finisher: The Red Hot Kick.

Heart pounding, time slows down to a crawl. After exerting all her power to deliver that flaming kick, Eva collapses. But by the power of her will alone, she uses every ounce of strength left in her body to get the cover on MMAksana's motionless body.

Now 80,000 raging Evamaniacs are off their seats and going wild. A standing ovation of the highest order is given to our heroine. She has finally earned her due.

But wait.

MMAksana rises up from the ashes. The crowd is dead silent, in a fashion reminiscent to how they are during Randy Orton promos. "But whose side is she on?!" asks King. "Maybe next week SHE won't be around." King said, followed by a self-assuring nod.

After a tense few moments, MMAksana extends her arm out for a handshake. She realizes the error of her ways, and goes back to being just Aksana.

But wait!

Eva and Aksana then make out in the middle of the ring in order to seal the deal, and let bygones be bygones.

It took you longer to write this than any match either of them is ever going to have. Stahp.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

But wait.

But wait!

Just so we're clear, the makeout should be longer than the match.

DMczaf

SEScoops generally gets it right when they have an exclusive, but take this for the dirtsheet crap it is:

Alvarez confirmed the standing ovation after the match for Cesaro, but it doesn't seem like Meltzer has heard anything about Vince's thoughts on Cesaro. He seemed to be really reserved about the idea that this is all a sign that Cesaro is headed toward a huge push and that Vince finally likes him (brought up that Vince thinks he's boring and can't promo)

Aiii

So not worth it
How many people would end up dead from The botches in a Eva Marie vs. Aksana bout? I'm pretty sure the ref would die, maybe the time keeper too, probably Lawler and maybe the entire front row opposite the hard camera.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Titus O'Neil's promo was gold, too. If it was his sink or swim moment, that man swam for a mile. Fantastic work, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom