• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

That Austin/Cena interview on Austin's podcast loooooooool

First of all, Cena put the lockeroom on blast. That roster is afraid to be outspoken and take chances. I said it a few weeks ago, and Cena + Austin pretty much confirmed that the new crop of talent is walking on eggshells afraid to lose their job. We're never gonna see a consistent build of new superstars because they're scared, and instead of being a prick, which is sort of necessary considering who runs the company, they cower and complain under their breath or online.

Also lmao @ Stone Cold begging Cena to tighten the STF. It was such an honest request and I couldn't help laughing at how Austin said it.

Easy for Cena to say the roster should be more outspoken when he's fucking bulletproof. The WWE's created an environment where people's careers are wrecked for the most minor, stupid things so It's no wonder the whole locker rooms treading on eggshells.

Vylash

Shut up old man.
tumblr_mqee9xOfyZ1rupwxao4_250.gif

Eva Marie with that old school aggression, she's going places

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That Austin/Cena interview on Austin's podcast loooooooool

First of all, Cena put the lockeroom on blast. That roster is afraid to be outspoken and take chances. I said it a few weeks ago, and Cena + Austin pretty much confirmed that the new crop of talent is walking on eggshells afraid to lose their job. We're never gonna see a consistent build of new superstars because they're scared, and instead of being a prick, which is sort of necessary considering who runs the company, they cower and complain under their breath or online.

Also lmao @ Stone Cold begging Cena to tighten the STF. It was such an honest request and I couldn't help laughing at how Austin said it.

Dolph Ziggler is rolling in his grave right now.

I'm fine with them being around, but make them valet eye candy, that's perfect for girls like them, leave the wrestling to girls that can wrestle.

Eva Maria has been reading for less than half a year and spend most of that time filming TD, there's no way in hell she should be anywhere near TV matches right now.

Can't wrestle? Yeah, ok pal.
2968396852078bf3b28d6bad04cd1c17.gif

Someone say women's wrestling ??
shine17_TagTeam_brackets.png

Ivelisse vs. Mercedes Martinez should be a really good title match. Also no Havok is a blessing given they pull a bullshit finish during the best match of the night as seen at the last 5 Shine events. Their booking of Havok has been on par with the WWE's booking of Bryan.

Listening to it now, he did also blast WWE for not building superstars correctly.

Yeah. He's aware of what's going on. I'm not gonna give him credit for attempting to fix anything because he's such a company guy and admitted to not "getting" booking, but he is aware of the issues.

Easy for Cena to say the roster should be more outspoken when he's fucking bulletproof. The WWE's created an environment where people's careers are wrecked for the most minor, stupid things so It's no wonder the whole locker rooms treading on eggshells.

I agree with you, the WWE is super backwards. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, but you have to be a little bit outspoken to get stuff done. The current roster are a bunch of nice guys, and I don't know how many of them have the balls to take charge and say something about something. If this was Paul Heyman's WWE, that's a different scenario, but with Vince, HHH, Steph, and their cronies in charge, you have to make people pay attention. And by "people" i mean backstage people because obviously the crowd reactions don't matter.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I was gonna ask who Punk hangs with, like traveling wise. But the dude had a motherfucking tour bus. So who knows.

I think Kofi tagged along in the bus for a bit since they used to travel together.

Anyway, a bit late but I checked out The Hiroshima New Begining show sans the Tanahashi/Nakamura match. It was pretty fun show, although the Osaka card is probably a lot better. I'll watch the last match and the Osaka show tonight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What made me laugh during Austin's podcast was him saying "cats" numerous times.

ONE OF THEM CATS WAS TALKIN TO ME

I'M A STRAIGHT CAT

TWO CATS LIKE US

out of context it's delightful to think of Steve Austin as a cat.

GONNA TAKE A PAUSE FOR THE CAUSE

THE WORKIN MAN

BERRIES.COM

I GOT A PEDICURE

STAMPS.COM

MAIL ANYTHING YOU SUM BITCH

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince when is the next Theszcast supposed to be coming out? I hope you're not paying Laserfrog when he can't even deliver this stuff reliably.

Laserfrog has been ill lately, his passion will return.

jmdajr

What made me laugh during Austin's podcast was him saying "cats" numerous times.

Oh Hell Yeah. Here we go.

Cats
Pocket Knife
Broken Skull Ranch
Shitting like a cripple goose
Psychology
Swig of coffee for the working man
Paying them dues
Gotta give a little love to my sponsors
Deer Stand
Hershey
Ribs
If there's one thing I can't stand...
Pelligrino
Alpha Brain
Trader Joes
Gimmicks
Snug

Ithil

He must live on a pretty barren alternate Earth if Cena and Orton are two of the best on the planet. They aren't even the best in their own company. Cena's match quality pretty much entirely depends on the quality of his opponent and Orton is a bland headlock machine.

If he's got a WWE offer on the table it wouldn't be a good idea to insult their top guy, and one of their stars.

Batigol

Banned
Also, Kane is boring now :( He really slowed that match with Bryan to a crawl

Never thought I'd see the day where he gets boring chants

Rapstah

Kane is also awful at promos since his corporate gimmick. He was thrown off by the "you sold out" chants. They're buying his character and he was thrown off by it!

Showaddy

I agree with you, the WWE is super backwards. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, but you have to be a little bit outspoken to get stuff done. The current roster are a bunch of nice guys, and I don't know how many of them have the balls to take charge and say something about something. If this was Paul Heyman's WWE, that's a different scenario, but with Vince, HHH, Steph, and their cronies in charge, you have to make people pay attention. And by "people" i mean backstage people because obviously the crowd reactions don't matter.

Something that contributes to the locker room being to "Nice" is that they don't have to battle each-other to get their segments on that bloated, 3 hour RAW. Any old shit get's on TV when they should be fighting tooth & nail to get air time.

Vince and his cronies "Our way or the Highway" approach to booking and the fact you get Heat when ever you so much as fart backstage just makes a bad situation worse.

Jamie OD

Oh Hell Yeah. Here we go.

Cats
Pocket Knife
Broken Skull Ranch
Shitting like a cripple goose
Psychology
Swig of coffee for the working man
Paying them dues
Gotta give a little love to my sponsors
Deer Stand
Hershey
Ribs
If there's one thing I can't stand...
Pelligrino
Alpha Brain
Trader Joes
Gimmicks
Snug

Don't forget "I don't know whether to shit my pants or wind my watch" and "Tell me about the damn Kliq."

Showaddy

If he's got a WWE offer on the table it wouldn't be a good idea to insult their top guy, and one of their stars.

Yep makes sense when you bear in mind that Regal tweet to Devitt about keeping his nose clean. Devitt's a nice guy anyway and he's clearly keeping his options open to him even if he does decide to stay in Japan.

jmdajr

Some of those guys don't care to be on top. They just want to make a living. Being champ involves a lot of crap. But sure, for those that care, speak out, and still get pooped on.... it's a tough deal. It all depends on how you speak out. Ziggler way seems like a bad way to attack the situation.

Anyhow, I'm sure Kofi enjoys his days off!

edit: Despite what everyone thinks, apparently Cena was not the guy. No one in the back even thought so ,until he started doing his Rap gimmick which was his idea. He also apparently almost got fired for it, but he was so over with the crowd that they gave him a pass.

Kane is also awful at promos since his corporate gimmick. He was thrown off by the "you sold out" chants. They're buying his character and he was thrown off by it!

Pains me to agree but I expected awesome things Kane could do in this corporate role on the mic and thus far its been a bust, unfortunately he's just another guy who exists mainly to announce obvious matches.
They seem to have forgotten that the guy they have going around as a suited authority figure is also the guy who is often booked as a psychotic monster, there should be more of a flip flop between the two contrasting character roles outside of the odd angry chokeslam, alas the Authority angle is set up in such a way where they all masquerade as boring yet "fair" people in power and Kane is no different.

edit: Despite what everyone thinks, apparently Cena was not the guy. No one in the back even thought so ,until he started doing his Rap gimmick which was his idea. He also apparently almost got fired for it, but he was so over with the crowd that they gave him a pass.

Yeah, I remember hearing that the "old guys" were not a fan of original "edgy" Thuganomics Cena, and none of the higher ups really got what the gimmick was. I do believe that Cena was not always "the guy." Doesn't excuse their booking once he became the guy though.

Also I'm clearly spending too much time in this thread because I have some weird urge to buy the WWE Network when it releases. I must be losing my gotdamn mind.

Showaddy

Pains me to agree but I expected awesome things Kane could do in this corporate role on the mic and thus far its been a bust, unfortunately he's just another guy who exists mainly to announce obvious matches.

Sort of hoping shit might go down with Kane when Taker's back. Like even in a Simmons to JBL, "WTF happened to you" sort of way.

kirblar

The problem with a guy like Dolph is that he's spouting off in the wrong places. It's a general business/life thing- and even Punk understands that. Notice that he ain't saying jack to the press.

They've just forgotten how to book their undercard, period, though, and until they fix that they don't have a prayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom