• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Ratings, we need ratings!!

7037%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20gif%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

How many people would end up death from The botches in a Eva Marie vs. Aksana bout? I'm pretty sure the ref would die, maybe the time keeper too, probably Lawler and maybe the entire front row opposite the hard camera.

Shouldn't you be checking that tab on AJ's Twitter account? Maybe she posted something.

DMczaf

Best part of Observer Radio today: Meltzer mentions Ron Simmons' video package and goes "Next there was a Ron Simmons video package...for you know...bl-.....uh...African American History Month."

Kaladin

Best part of Observer Radio today: Meltzer mentions Ron Simmons' video package and goes "Next there was a Ron Simmons video package...for you know...bl-.....uh...African American History Month."

Is it wrong that I picture Scott Steiner in my head, wearing a suit and sitting in a director's chair shouting "He's black!"

Aiii

So not worth it
These shows with Bryan in Hawaii are almost unbearable, you can tell the lack of preparation in them.

Also Granny has been quite bad the past month, not sure what's wrong with her.

Sephzilla

Austin match at age 50. I don't know man..

If Austin would come back for another match it would have to be against another old guy. Nobody is going to want to see Austin come back for one more match and job to someone else. Everybody would want to see Austin give someone a stunner, raise a middle finger, and drink beer.

ahahaha @ that Cena/Cesaro gif
No one would be saying this if my guy had won. The thread would look like a wild hillbilly cult had taken it over and it would be awesome.
no one would be saying that if JTG had won. i would have also been okay with Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil, and Christian.

It could've been Matt Hardy

How many people would end up dead from The botches in a Eva Marie vs. Aksana bout? I'm pretty sure the ref would die, maybe the time keeper too, probably Lawler and maybe the entire front row opposite the hard camera.

Shouldn't you like Aksana? She's obviously clearing all of AJ's bounties.

somedevil

Someone did an interview with Prince Devitt. Some highlights:

Is there any truth to the rumours that you could join the WWE? If not, has there been any attempt to lure you away?

There is truth in the rumour that I would like to go into the wild and live off the land, and also the rumour that I would really like to work with some homeless charities.

He ducked that like a pro and basically the answer says yes they offered me a contract and haven't made a decision yet.

On him doing any US Indies:

What has prevented you from doing a tour of the popular US indies (outside of PWG dates in the past)?

Before I went to Japan no one wanted me… And rightly so, I was far from the finished product. Everyone had a chance, I had mailed all of the large groups at the time. But that was a different time, no Twitter or Facebook and YouTube hadn’t kicked off… I was in the States for 6 months, I had done some indys but none of the bigger names.

Now, I’m so busy working all NJPW’s shows I don’t have much time. When I’m off I’m home in Ireland, I have the groups I work with in the UK. The idea of a flight to the States sounds awful for 1 match. Plus most places won’t get me a visa, I’m not 23 with nothing to loose anymore, I’m not risking being black balled for an Indy shot. I live a simple life, if something came up that I wanted to do, I’d be there, but for now I literally don’t have time. I didn’t have a weekend off from march till X-Mas last year. 1 US Indy will take the guts of 4-5 days for me to travel in and out. I can work 3 times in UK in the same time.

If you want to see Devitt in the states its either him in the WWE or you watch him on a New Japan pay per view.

On who would he work with in the WWE:

If NJPW and WWE worked combined shows, who would you most like to work with on their roster?

John Cena or Randy Orton because that would mean I would be near the top of the card, and despite what lots of ‘fans’ think they know, both of them are two of the greatest performers on the planet.

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/qa-with-prince-devitt/#.UwPTuLCYa1s

Sephzilla

He must live on a pretty barren alternate Earth if Cena and Orton are two of the best on the planet. They aren't even the best in their own company. Cena's match quality pretty much entirely depends on the quality of his opponent and Orton is a bland headlock machine.

Aiii

So not worth it
Shouldn't you like Aksana? She's obviously clearing all of AJ's bounties.
No, I want good women's wrestling and storylines so people might start giving a fuck. Aksana and Eva Marie or Cameron should not be wrestling, ever again!

Meanwhile Emma is getting buried, Naomi gets mutilated, AJ gets no TV time at all, Kaitlyn had to quit because they wouldn't even use her and I fear the day Paige and Bailey are called up, it's infuriating.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He must live on a pretty barren alternate Earth if Cena and Orton are two of the best on the planet. They aren't even the best in their own company. Cena's match quality pretty much entirely depends on the quality of his opponent and Orton is a bland headlock machine.

They're both excellent. No matter how you cut it, Cena is phenomenal and has done an incredible job - and continues to do it. He's a little loud in the ring, that's really my only complaint. You can complain about his booking, sure, but that man knows how to work a match that he's told how to work.

Same with Orton.

No, I want good women's wrestling and storylines so people might start giving a fuck. Aksana and Eva Marie or Cameron should not be wrestling, ever again!

Meanwhile Emma is getting buried, Naomi gets mutilated, AJ gets no TV time at all and I fear the day Paige and Bailey are called up, it's infuriating.

WWE does not have the wrestling you're looking for.

Watch this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qg_eP_BY0M or any one of the fantastic indies that focus on women's wrestling.

jmdajr

They do fine work, fans have just grown tired of them.

But like Cena said in the podcast with Austin, as long as they don't go on a bathroom break and sit on their hands, it's not the end of the world.

You heard that? Want to piss off Cena? Leave during his match and go buy D.Bry merch.
But they won't. The day Cena is gone they will cry because they will never get the same joy out of booing anyone else like him..ever.

Meanwhile Emma is getting buried, Naomi gets mutilated, AJ gets no TV time at all, Kaitlyn had to quit because they wouldn't even use her and I fear the day Paige and Bailey are called up, it's infuriating.

Shut up old man.
tumblr_mqee9xOfyZ1rupwxao4_250.gif

Sephzilla

They're both excellent. No matter how you cut it, Cena is phenomenal and has done an incredible job - and continues to do it. He's a little loud in the ring, that's really my only complaint. You can complain about his booking, sure, but that man knows how to work a match that he's told how to work.

Same with Orton.

WWE does not have the wrestling you're looking for.

Watch this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qg_eP_BY0M or any one of the fantastic indies that focus on women's wrestling.

I'll respectably disagree. Cena's moveset is bland, he's a very poor seller, and his matches are very predictable in terms of rhythm and flow (unless he is matched up against a better talent that actually shakes things up).

Orton I actually think could be a phenomenal talent, and he is when he's properly motivated, but the problem with Orton is that he's been on cruise control for a while now.

That Austin/Cena interview on Austin's podcast loooooooool

First of all, Cena put the lockeroom on blast. That roster is afraid to be outspoken and take chances. I said it a few weeks ago, and Cena + Austin pretty much confirmed that the new crop of talent is walking on eggshells afraid to lose their job. We're never gonna see a consistent build of new superstars because they're scared, and instead of being a prick, which is sort of necessary considering who runs the company, they cower and complain under their breath or online.

Also lmao @ Stone Cold begging Cena to tighten the STF. It was such an honest request and I couldn't help laughing at how Austin said it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That Austin/Cena interview on Austin's podcast loooooooool

First of all, Cena put the lockeroom on blast. That roster is afraid to be outspoken and take chances. I said it a few weeks ago, and Cena + Austin pretty much confirmed that the new crop of talent is walking on eggshells afraid to lose their job. We're never gonna see a consistent build of new superstars because they're scared, and instead of being a prick, which is sort of necessary considering who runs the company, they cower and complain under their breath or online.

Also lmao @ Stone Cold begging Cena to tighten the STF. It was such an honest request and I couldn't help laughing at how Austin said it.
Listening to it now, he did also blast WWE for not building superstars correctly.

jmdajr

Too bad about Punk. He was one of the few that gave no fucks about walking on so called egg shells.

I think if he wasn't physically/mentally drained he would still be around because he is not phased by any of that shit backstage.

"Just my two cents"

Orton's wrestling is basically the same as Roderick Strong's to me. It looks very nice and I can get why someone might like it if they weren't really paying attention, but there isn't an ounce of passion or charisma or story to it, they're just moving from one boring spot to another. Unfortunately for Roderick he is a five foot nothing mush mouthed goober otherwise he might be successful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad about Punk. He was one of the few that gave no fucks about walking on so called egg shells.

I think if he wasn't physically/mentally drained he would still be around because he is not phased by any of that shit backstage.

"Just my two cents"

Fuck that guy for not putting anyone over before he left.

Oh wait he put over Batista

Suck it Punk. Fuck you.

jCtPMexHjTuBR_e.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Shut up old man.
tumblr_mqee9xOfyZ1rupwxao4_250.gif
I'm fine with them being around, but make them valet eye candy, that's perfect for girls like them, leave the wrestling to girls that can wrestle.

Eva Maria has been reading for less than half a year and spend most of that time filming TD, there's no way in hell she should be anywhere near TV matches right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom