• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a pic from the lunch I had with Mick Foley. Fantastic guy. He really made my foster niece's day -- and mine too!

Side note: turns out he's in the early stages of working on a Santa Claus documentary!

mickfoleylunch67y9m.jpg

jmdajr

The problem with a guy like Dolph is that he's spouting off in the wrong places. It's a general business/life thing- and even Punk understands that. Notice that he ain't saying jack to the press.

They've just forgotten how to book their undercard, period, though, and until they fix that they don't have a prayer.

I guess what you need to do is complain to Vince like a man, and not behind his back.

I mean maybe he has done that, but it continues elsewhere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I remember hearing that the "old guys" were not a fan of original "edgy" Thuganomics Cena, and none of the higher ups really got what the gimmick was. I do believe that Cena was not always "the guy." Doesn't excuse their booking once he became the guy though.

Also I'm clearly spending too much time in this thread because I have some weird urge to buy the WWE Network when it releases. I must be losing my gotdamn mind.

Old guys were right

Saw him mention Brandon on Twitter earlier and the 20 on the table confirmed it.

Plus the dude behind you to the left is the most Manitoba looking dude in the world.

Can't argue that logic!

Side note: Anyone read Tietam Brown? Tempted to buy a copy before going to Mick's show tonight and getting him to sign it.

UberTag

Just watched last night's Cesaro vs. Cena match.
Some really impressive strength-based offense and Cena actually did his part to make Cesaro look legit.
If he does the same thing for Bray next month, their feud might not be the momentum killer we expect it to be.

hate this spot, always have.

it's out of place even in comedy matches.

I don't mind it in comedy matches, but it only really works in European light heavyweight wrestling, where much of the focus of the match is on physical trickery.

And as goofy as the spot is, Bryan doing it as a nod to Johnny Saint is totally cool in my book.

Incidentally, this gives me an excuse to post the Russ Abbot special;

iNH9WQotItavS.gif

I like how you can see a ton of that sequence in Colt's offence, but about 50% slower.

I don't know why it's so hard for them to make an HD up-rezzed version of No Mercy with reskinned characters. The game would sell like gangbusters, it was a perfect party game.

I can believe Cena when he says wrestlers are scared. This isn't new to wrestling. But since they're all getting a guaranteed 6 figures, might as well shut up and enjoy the ride. Even Bryan admits he just does what he's told without putting up a fight. If he would have opened his mouth and called out Vince/HHH for being a bunch of deaf fucks he could have had a Rumble win.

The booking from Nov till now has been the worst it's ever been. I can't remember a time they dropped a ball so hard.

Snaku

Banned
I don't know why it's so hard for them to make an HD up-rezzed version of No Mercy with reskinned characters. The game would sell like gangbusters, it was a perfect party game.

AllStars basically was a modernized HD No Mercy. Naturally THQ failed to see the gold they'd struck and never made a proper fleshed out sequel.

The booking from Nov till now has been the worst it's ever been. I can't remember a time they dropped a ball so hard.

Did you just start watching in November?

Like... actually? Because the booking was worse in October than it was in that time frame. Going back further, the majority of 2006-2011 was worse with a few bright spots along the way.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Did you just start watching in November?

Like... actually? Because the booking was worse in October than it was in that time frame. Going back further, the majority of 2006-2011 was worse with a few bright spots along the way.

Co-Signed.

Seriously, the booking now, while no where near the best, is practically a lot better than 80% of the rest of the PG era.

XShagrath

Was just watching an older PWG match of Hero vs. Castagnoli (Cesaro). One of Cesaro's old moves was the neutralizer, but it was different. I like it a lot more than his current finisher, which I find to be kinda garbage.

AllStars basically was a modernized HD No Mercy. Naturally THQ failed to see the gold they'd struck and never made a proper fleshed out sequel.

No way, they're similar on a surface level but the way the games play out is incredibly far removed from one another, a game that does a bang up job of being a wrestling sim with tons of options for the player versus a limited, flashy over the top arcadey game with the capability for more combo centric play what with each wrestler having chainable moves that the game didn't actually allow you to see because FUCK YOU.
But yes there should've been a sequel.

DoR was the closest a WWE game got to being a modern No Mercy geared more towards frantic multiplayer and less of a simulation, like the middle ground between No Mercy and the PS2 Smackdown games.

XShagrath

For as shit as the Neutralizer looks, when was the last time someone kicked out of it? NXT or main roster.
I couldn't care less if a finisher is "protected." There's a ton of moves out there that I think are way cooler than people's finishers.

For those curious, the old neutralizer was a horse collar. However, in this match (not sure if he always did the move like this), he was standing and Hero was just dangling from his neck.

Rapstah

I couldn't care less if a finisher is "protected." There's a ton of moves out there that I think are way cooler than people's finishers.

For those curious, the old neutralizer was a horse collar. However, in this match (not sure if he always did the move like this), he was standing and Hero was just dangling from his neck.

Jesus, I wasn't asking you directly. I legitimately want to know the last point when someone kicked out of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Dave Batista is doing some light reading!

pIrEFoj.png

Goddammit Brenna...goddammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom