• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SyJ54RI.jpg

Weed The People.
awesome

what a goon

Rapstah

There's no reason to be upset

John_Cena_fg_lpp1RSAgV0_female.fg.front_58b31e03.jpg

I think this confirmed my faceblindness: I could legitimately not (before quoting this and getting spoiled by the file name) tell if this was John Cena, Bo Dallas or my mom. The only reason John Cena is even in the running is because I know he has these ridiculous lines on his cheeks.

jred2k

I think this confirmed my faceblindness: I could legitimately not (before quoting this and getting spoiled by the file name) tell if this was John Cena, Bo Dallas or my mom. The only reason John Cena is even in the running is because I know he has these ridiculous lines on his cheeks.
Before you saw the quote, would you have wanted to fuck it?

Raw64life

I'll be satisfied with WWE2K15 being literally anything else other than a re-hash of the same shit heap we've been getting for 12 years running. Give me a new engine. Make it arcade style. Make it an action game. 2D fighting game. Puzzle game. Point and click adventure. Text adventure. MMO. MOBA. F2P Mobile exclusive. Literally anything else is an improvement in my eyes no matter intrinsically awful it ends up being.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's so goddamn stupid that Telltale is making a Borderlands adventure game instead of Star Trek

Borderlands is one of the fucking worst written games of the generation and THAT gets a story heavy game?

XShagrath

Jesus, I wasn't asking you directly. I legitimately want to know the last point when someone kicked out of it.
Sorry. Didn't mean to strike a nerve. Just remembered the "protected finisher" thing from yesterday and decided to put in my two cents.

I don't follow WWE close enough to know the last time it was kicked out of.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Hey guys I'm making a new studio and you're not invited. I'm going to go hype it to get media coverage over you all losing your jobs. Good luck!'

Great severance.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Future endeavored everyone. Starting a indie studio
Yeah, but when he future endeavors someone, he actually wishes them luck and tries to help them with those endeavors. Pretty good severance overall.
'Hey guys I'm making a new studio and you're not invited. I'm going to go hype it to get media coverage over you all losing your jobs. Good luck!'

Great severance.
I don't know, just feels like there's a chunk of story missing here.

Sokantish

Yeah I think so too, BioShock apparently didn't make enough money I wouldn't be shocked if T2 had a lot more to do with it than Ken Levine did

G-Fex

I don't even want to play my copy of Infinite now that I heard it isn't anything like those awesome early gameplay trailers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know that on gaming side they like to live in a James Cameron-esque world where all publishers are cigar chomping men in suits who come up with all the dlc ideas and developers are innocent, struggling artists who would never want to charge you anything for their games. But as people who are familiar with the slimy world of wrestling, we should know better.

But ask yourself this, if he was so innocent. Why's he still with 2k? Ken Levine would have no trouble finding a new publisher. He sold them out. He had them move to an area to work that hardly has a game development community and then proceeded to sell them out.

Showaddy

I know that on gaming side they like to live in a James Cameron-esque world where all publishers are cigar chomping men in suits who come up with all the dlc ideas and developers are innocent, struggling artists who would never want to charge you anything for their games. But as people who are familiar with the slimy world of wrestling, we should know better.

But ask yourself this, if he was so innocent. Why's he still with 2k? Ken Levine would have no trouble finding a new publisher. He sold them out. He had them move to an area to work that hardly has a game development community and then proceeded to sell them out.

All of Irrational's top talent had already bailed on the studio as soon as their work on Infinite was done. They knew what was coming.

On another note PS4 fans should be happy as Bioshock's Art Director is now at Naughty Dog.

That Austin podcast with Cena made me dislike Cena even more. I can't put my finger on why really. I'm not saying he needed to bury guys or shoot or anything like that. He is his biggest mark and will tow the company line at all times. The only thing I liked that he said was about the WWE not building superstars. But maybe he could put someone over once in a while other than Randy. All Cena does is think about the business yet doesn't have a clue how to book? Does that make any sense for someone who has been doing this as long as he has?

I have a ton of respect for how hard he works and what he had to do to get where he is but it doesn't mean I have to like the guy.

Edit: Just read about the Irrational stuff. What a bummer but they have been bleeding talent for years now. At this point they are a shell of their former self. It sucks but Levine is a creative guy and this might be what he needs to do something cool again in the industry.

kirblar

All Cena does is think about the business yet doesn't have a clue how to book? Does that make any sense for someone who has been doing this as long as he has?
Two different skill-sets. Look at Nash.

jred2k

Would anybody really trust Ken Levine to manage a large budget at this point? Infinite took what, six years and Rod Ferguson being called in to actually make it out the door. Given how quickly things can go south for publishers, tying up capital for six years with a guy that might not eventually produce something is fucking bananas.

Would anybody really trust Ken Levine to manage a large budget at this point? Infinite took what, six years and Rod Ferguson being called in to actually make it out the door. Given how quickly things can go south for publishers, tying up capital for six years with a guy that might not eventually produce something is fucking bananas.

Same reason no publisher will touch double fine . They can't handle money

Two different skill-sets. Look at Nash.

Yeah I understand that. I dunno I guess if all you do is think about the business and that is your "hobby" as he says. Wouldn't booking be something that would interest him. Booking or creative is pretty much a cornerstone of the business right next to the actual in ring work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom