• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sokantish

Who wouldn't like a Cena sign, am I right Beef? Boy Cena sure is great, he's my favorite. He's the real face of the WWE. I hope he never retires and he gets to be the main event of every PPV and RAW for the next 15 years!

Vylash

Haha, who gets shit on more in this thread, Kofi Kingston or the Miz?

Miz by far, and rightfully so

JhOCB.gif

Anth0ny

smackdown spoilers

ziggler won??????????? I know it's a nothing match but... he's been losing nothing matches in less than 2 minutes =|

Aiii

So not worth it
...so you don't like the Cena sign on the right?

Real talk: I've always hated the way they wrote down that slogan. I oppose using single letters to replace words, and then they replace can't with the sign through the C and I just can't
see that
, damnit!

gifs with tags on them?

Fine if the tag isn't in the way. Especially for the WWT gifs, some of those take the guy hours to make and then people repost them and he rarely gets the credit. If it's just straight up GIFCam then it's just silly.

Aiii

So not worth it
It reminds me of when people adjust brightness on a photo not taken by them DO NOT TAKE WITHOUT PERMISSION

like, why? you didn't do anything. you took their work without permission.

#myedit is literally the worst thing on Tumblr (that's saying something).

YOU JUST CROPPED THE PICTURE AND OVERSATURATED IT YOU FUCKING FDFSSFDSGSDGDGSFTGREFDSDGF!

Hasney

It reminds me of when people adjust brightness on a photo not taken by them DO NOT TAKE WITHOUT PERMISSION

like, why? you didn't do anything. you took their work without permission.

I love those YouTube videos that say "No copyright violation intended" or my personal fave "No copyright intended" like it would stop YouTube pulling that upload of an entire PPV because copyright wasn't intended.

Vylash

I love those YouTube videos that say "No copyright violation intended" or my personal fave "No copyright intended" like it would stop YouTube pulling that upload of an entire PPV because copyright wasn't intended.

Even better are the ones that copy and paste the fair use law into the description

Rapstah

Btw, it's been confirmed that Bray Wyatt writes his own promos and that he has to run them by WWE creative first, and then he gets the go-ahead. More guys should show that kind of ambition.
Meltzer and Alvarez were talking about how one or two writers actually write them and then give them to him so he can go over it and correct and change stuff and add mannerisms so it's like he wants it. Didn't seem like they thought he wrote the actual content.

G-Fex

Creative: Now, boys, the network has a problem with some of your promos. Do you mind changing them for the show?
Bray: Forget you, suit.
Rowan: Yeah, our promos are like our children, man. No way.
Creative: Well, okay, but here where it says, "I want to sacrifice you to the fires of hell and condemn your soul to damnation for eternity" how about just, "What I'd like is beat you this sunday at Elimination Chamber."
Rowan: Wow. That's much better.
Bray: Everyone can enjoy that.

Ryo Saito and Biff Busick are off the DGUSA shows this weekend.

Still probably going to order Saturday's show, but it's kinda ridiculous that they're going head to head with WWE on Sunday night. Good luck with that.

Also, the injury to Saito exposes how ridiculous the talent exchange between Dragon Gate and DGUSA has become - they should just change the name to EVOLVE already, as without Saito this weekend's shows are entirely the EVOLVE roster + CIMA.

Aiii

So not worth it
So AJ got an entire week off to spend with Punk?

Am I the only thinking things have been sorted out with Punk and he'll be back soon?

He's either back on Monday, on the Chicago Raw, or at WrestleMania itself.

So AJ got an entire week off to spend with Punk?

Am I the only thinking things have been sorted out with Punk and he'll be back soon?

He's either back on Monday, on the Chicago Raw, or at WrestleMania itself.

More like one last weekend for Punk before Batista snatches her up.

strobogo

Banned
Got 10 to 14 hours left today depending on speed and traffic. There's been almost no traffic the entire trip so I'm hoping that stays the same. I think I'll probably listen to 2 JREs, Your Mom's House (maybe 2), maybe a Bertcast, probably a GNR concert (maybe the one I went to), maybe Rush or Hannity for the lolz until I can't take it.

Still have a ton of WTFs even though I'm not really even much of a fan, no Deathsquad stuff left, I've listened to 30 minutes of Macho promos at least 5 times, the hour of Flair promos twice (dude was all over the RnRs), most of the GNR and off shoots discography. Should have brought Zandig promos and power dance music. My biggest regret is that I didn't get a picture with Disco while in Vegas.

Kaladin

Got 10 to 14 hours left today depending on speed and traffic. There's been almost no traffic the entire trip so I'm hoping that stays the same. I think I'll probably listen to 2 JREs, Your Mom's House (maybe 2), maybe a Bertcast, probably a GNR concert (maybe the one I went to), maybe Rush or Hannity for the lolz until I can't take it.

Still have a ton of WTFs even though I'm not really even much of a fan, no Deathsquad stuff left, I've listened to 30 minutes of Macho promos at least 5 times, the hour of Flair promos twice (dude was all over the RnRs), most of the GNR and off shoots discography. Should have brought Zandig promos and power dance music. My biggest regret is that I didn't get a picture with Disco while in Vegas.

Try getting a book with Audible, you can get one or two (depending on promo) free.

strobogo

Banned
Too late for that, but I did use one podcast promo code to listen to Fingerprints of the Gods just because I was tired of reading it. Then it turns out the audio version is even more dry. The only things I ever use from podcasts are usually Hulu Plus trials when I think about it, but since I usually don't care to watch even 90 minutes of Raw (except the past 2 weeks, which I quite enjoyed due to Bryan and Cesaro killing it both weeks) and usually only catch Smackdown once ever 4 month, it's not really a priority for me. And once the Network comes out, I'll really have no reason for Hulu Plus since there aren't any shows I currently keep up with. I skipped Agents of SHIELD for 2 weeks and completely forgot it even existed.

Hasney

Pity it's almost certain that Orton will be leaving with the title on Sunday. Think they could rip off Heymans plan for the ECW PPV and have Cesaro and him start it out and Cesaro win before anyone else gets in.

They could still do it with Cena anyway, but not a chance they would let that happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, gaming-side has a real banger on their hands with that "women in E-sports" thread.

This is gonna be delightful to see how it all pans out. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771641

For as much as GAF by and large feels its civilized, sometimes you get a glimpse of a thread that's going to send people straight to hell
jbW5twhrgdBKv_e.jpg

mouserat

Neo Member
Bf47UbeCcAERMvo.png:large

I know all you marks want to marry Emma but she had no chance of coming up to RAW with the same gimmick and getting over; sad but true. two decades of 3 minute Divas matches with hairpulling, rollups and botches everywhere have doomed any female wrestler who wants to get over by wrestling on RAW. people won't respond to her wrestling ability because Divas matches = toilet break and channel change, nestled as they are in that rating deadzone every week.

people do, however, respond to Santino. he is funny. NXT is an audience of smarks who cheer for heels and don't respond well to anyone who doesn't fit the indie wrestling template to their exact approval. RAW is an audience of kids and casual fans who buy more John Cena merchandise than anyone else. Emma and Santino are good enough in their roles to make it work, plus while you were all freaking out about the romance angle, they were running a VT showing Emma in NXT doing WRASSLING.

this way she gets a few matches with Summer Rae and we know from NXT they are capable of putting on a good show, they are separate from the toxic Divasverse and she can leech Santino's comedy pop until the audience starts to appreciate her on her own.

and to be honest, that gif is great, the camerawork is excellent, the way Fandango just slides in from out of sight, perfect form. probably the best segment of RAW for me.

Ryo Saito and Biff Busick are off the DGUSA shows this weekend.

Still probably going to order Saturday's show, but it's kinda ridiculous that they're going head to head with WWE on Sunday night. Good luck with that.

Also, the injury to Saito exposes how ridiculous the talent exchange between Dragon Gate and DGUSA has become - they should just change the name to EVOLVE already, as without Saito this weekend's shows are entirely the EVOLVE roster + CIMA.
Yeah, it's been a bummer to see it dwindle. Rising airfare really hurt them. I wish they'd make it maybe a twice a year thing and spring for more guys again. Hope they do better at mania and Tozawa better be there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Total Divas, full season in chronological order is playing on WrassleGAF TV

That's right. If you haven't seen it, you may enjoy it.

http://taima.tv/r/wrasslegaf

Join the Total Divas fans like myself, Stro, and Aiii.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's a nice article, well informed too.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens on Sunday so they can put him into that title match at Mania.

Total Divas, full season in chronological order is playing on WrassleGAF TV

That's right. If you haven't seen it, you may enjoy it.

http://taima.tv/r/wrasslegaf

Join the Total Divas fans like myself, Stro, and Aiii.

Watch this guys, but make sure you pretend this is its own unique universe. You will love it!

kirblar

It's going to be interesting to see what happens on Sunday so they can put him into that title match at Mania.
At this point I'm kinda expecting MITB to get put on the show - it's the simplest way of fixing it.

At this point I'm kinda expecting MITB to get put on the show - it's the simplest way of fixing it.

Hmm... Imagine MITB being at Wrestlemania, Bryan winning it, then cashing in on Orton at the end of the PPV and winning? The roof would literally blow off the Cajun Dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom