• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

fiche.jpg.cf.jpg

Aleksis_Kaidonovsky.JPG

Pasific rim

Kurrgan was in Sherlock Holmes & 300 too. He's definitely a dark horse candidate

Also put #ThanksMick over those shots of kids crying.

Special commentary track with Noelle and Dewey Foley.

Surprised that dude Phil Mushnick hasn't written anything about how the new network will lead to a downfall of modern civilization. That crazed weirdo would blame wrestling for the recent snowstorms if he could.

I know my friend gets most of his figures at Toys R Us and he basically has every figure so I don't think they're that hard to find there.

I've ordered from ringside as well and they're pretty quick and easy

Yeah watching Cesaro/Cena right now, this shit MOTY contender right there. What a year Cesaro is going to have come 2014. I know I say this now but...this is the freshest the roster has been in a looooong time.

That Austin interview with Cena had me thinking that Cena is consumate politician through and through. Knows the right answer for every question and comes away as a class-act every time. He was right on the money about his attitude with the roster basically saying they need to grow a pair with Vince. If I was Bryan I would be all over the Gorilla position come Rumble night, but obviously I don't know what's going on over there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah watching Cesaro/Cena right now, this shit MOTY contender right there. What a year Cesaro is going to have come 2014. I know I say this now but...this is the freshest the roster has been in a looooong time.

That Austin interview with Cena had me thinking that Cena is consumate politician through and through. Knows the right answer for every question and comes away as a class-act every time. He was right on the money about his attitude with the roster basically saying they need to grow a pair with Vince. If I was Bryan I would be all over the Gorilla position come Rumble night, but obviously I don't know what's going on over there.

Cesaro's performance with Cena proved a lot of things to everyone backstage. They're gonna be fast-tracking him out of the Real Americans work. Goodbye Swagger, send him to space.

Hasney

Hopefully they work on that stuff more now since all of the content that uses it will be out there.

Yup, that's what I'm hoping. I personally expect only Enter Sandman on One Night Stand to be missing from the WWE PPVs because they really should re-license the rest.

I can completely see them not bothering with all of ECWs independent PPVs and TV shows music, however.

Cesaro's performance with Cena proved a lot of things to everyone backstage. They're gonna be fast-tracking him out of the Real Americans work. Goodbye Swagger, send him to space.

Swagger is fantastic. Not main event fantastic, but he's a good hand to have around to bum around the mid-card.

Kaladin

Yup, that's what I'm hoping. I personally expect only Enter Sandman on One Night Stand to be missing from the WWE PPVs because they really should re-license the rest.

I can completely see them not bothering with all of ECWs independent PPVs and TV shows music, however.

Yeah, we'll never hear Man In The Box, Walk, ect. on the Network.

I mean hearing the commentary and Cena talk about this new generation of superstars and all this stuff, I mean do they think we're all gonna believe that with Batista in the main event? Or is Mania gonna be the 'This is the last time we'll do this to you, we'll put in new blood we swear to God' PPV of all PPVs? I do believe Cena saying everything's up in the air as a shoot as well as a work to be honest.

Showaddy

At a risk of repeating myself, how the hell can anyone be expected to "grow a pair" when the WWE has created an environment where you're fucked over for the slightest amount of heat.

All well an good Cena saying this shit when he's in a fucking untouchable position but everyone else has to tow the "My way or the Highway" line or your careers done.

Hasney

Swagger is a charisma vacuum. I don't want to see him on TV.

Keep him with Zeb after Cesaro leaves. He's a damn good hand in the ring and managers should be used more often specifically for this purpose.

On the plus side, if he wins the IC belt, it'll be less Big E on commentary. The thing is, we know Big E isn't a charisma vacuum, but whatever direction he's getting at the moment just makes him dull as hell.

Do you guys think Cena would be more well received than he is now if he had kept the rapper gimmick through all this time, or that it wouldn't have really mattered?

At a risk of repeating myself, how the hell can anyone be expected to "grow a pair" when the WWE has created an environment where you're fucked over for the slightest amount of heat.

All well an good Cena saying this shit when he's in a fucking untouchable position but everyone else has to tow the "My way or the Highway" line or your careers done.

I guess that's how it is I suppose. I mean that explains why we see a burning effigy wearing Ziggler trunks getting kicked in the head every week.

Dictatorships be damned.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Do you guys think Cena would be more well received than he is now if he had kept the rapper gimmick through all this time, or that it wouldn't have really mattered?

We'd all be sick of Cena regardless of which gimmick he was using. It was his booking that was the problem, not the character. The only reason people see rapper Cena as better is because rapper Cena was booked better.

Striker

Easy for him to say when he's handed opportunities against the upper echelon of guys right out of the gate. Kurt Angle made him into a somebody real quick. Then gets put over by Big Shoe and JBL.

He is right about more guys need to step up, but their system is full of fuckery. If they aren't making you popular but you are doing it on you own, you won't get shit.

Swagger is fantastic. Not main event fantastic, but he's a good hand to have around to bum around the mid-card.
He's ok in the ring, but they stripped away any goofy persona he once had when he was on Smackdown with the soaring eagle. He should be that type of character, but knowing WWE they'd make it into a mockery and job it out to Khali or Santino. He's got great size, but like somebody said, he's not very charismatic and his spot in the Real Americans is replaceable. He's just a body. And another thing, attempting to turn him into Kurt Angle 2.0 is awful.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Someone give me a new show to review. Christian Wrestling Federation wasn't nearly as dumb as I thought it would be since the gimmicks were so boring and had nothing to do with religion.

Swagger's NXT match with Zayn was so close to being just as good as Cesaro's which is especially impressive when you remember it was their first meeting, whereas Generico/Claudio have had tons of match experience with each other.

In promos Swagger is super boring by himself but he works well with Cesaro/Zeb/Eagle

EDIT: What did Lambda just go down for?

krae_man

We'd all be sick of Cena regardless of which gimmick he was using. It was his booking that was the problem, not the character. The only reason people see rapper Cena as better is because rapper Cena was booked better.

Every single insult being homophobic is cringe worthy now as well. See The Rock over the past 2 years.

Dish update!

PWInsider said:
[Reader] Allen Woods sent word that he called Dish Network support this morning asking about the availablity of Sunday's Elimination Chamber PPV.

When he asked if the show would air this weekend he was put on hold while the representative asked her manager. He was told by the rep that Dish is no longer offering WWE PPVs. Allen asked if this was due to the launch of the WWE Network and the rep asked her manager who said, "No Comment".

On their PPV page, there is no mention of WWE events at all.

hahahaha

Heh, I thought his rapper gimmick was pretty lame, around the time I stopped following regularly. I know he's supposed to be a real nice guy but it's inconceivable to me that he's been the top dog for this long.

He does make for some great gifs though.

Pavaloo

I would love to see an astronaut gimmick.

Also Swagger has improved since being with Zeb, but even more so since paired with Cesaro. Team entrances, tag moves, etc. They're really clicking and you can tell both guys are having fun.

They highlighted that right with the idea that "people are afraid to do anything to lose their jobs here because there is no WCW anymore"

But Austin, The Rock, and CM Punk all asked Vince for mic time and to "do their thing," it worked out for all of them. Austin and the Rock were a different era for sure, but Punk had the right idea in going "I know how to drop bombs and I don't care if I get fired for it" like Cena said "if you have something you know is good, prove/show it" (paraphrasing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom