• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fave Five MGS games;

1. practically any game that isn't MGS

There.

Two of my friends are obsessed with the shit and on many occasion I have had to listen to them go on and on and on and on about the ridiculously convoluted, over-the-top nonsense that passes as a storyline in Kojima's eyes. Fuck that noise.

Also, while I'm enraging nerds, DMC is just bad compared to Ninja Gaiden. As is every 3rd person combat-focused action adventure (Vanquish is pretty good, tho).

Batigol

Banned
ZiTq3kJ.jpg

Some good stuff here

http://imgur.com/a/66WXB

Xater

1. MGS3
2. MGS1
3. MGS4
4. Twin Snakes
5. MGS2

Worst list ever. MGS2 is amazing. You are just still pissed of that you didn't get to play Snake. The meta story of MGS2 was just amazing and the gameplay fantastic.

Twin Snakes even making the list invalidates it. That game is just straight up garbage. Game is broken because of the MGS2 mechanics in it and Kitamura went way too far with the cutscenes.

Sokantish

No love for Acid?

MGS2 at the bottom?

I thought I knew you Sok.

Never played the the PSP games :(

Worst list ever. MGS2 is amazing. You are just still pissed of that you didn't get to play Snake. The meta story of MGS2 was just amazing and the gameplay fantastic.

Twin Snakes even making the list invalidates it. That game is just straight up garbage. Game is broken because of the MGS2 mechanics in it and Kitamura went way too far with the cutscenes.
MGS2 was the only MGS I only played through once! I just put Twin Snakes in there just to shove it in MGS2's face

jmdajr

Fave Five MGS games;

There.

Two of my friends are obsessed with the shit and on many occasion I have had to listen to them go on and on and on and on about the ridiculously convoluted, over-the-top nonsense that passes as a storyline in Kojima's eyes. Fuck that noise.

Also, while I'm enraging nerds, DMC is just bad compared to Ninja Gaiden. As is every 3rd person combat-focused action adventure (Vanquish is pretty good, tho).

I love DmC and Devil May Cry overall for it's action, characters, atmosphere. But the story is no genius, and that goes for pretty much all my beloved Capcom games.

But Ninja Theory makes Capcom look like fucking Shakespeare. No redeeming story qualities in any way shape or form.

MGS2 is stupidity and Kojima's troll attempt to crash the franchise so he can stop working on it. People still lapped it up anyway, and over a decade later the storyline is dumber than ever, and he's STILL making Metal Gear games.

MGS3>MGS1>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of the mainline series.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five MGS games;

There.

...which Ninja Gaiden though? They've fallen off a cliff.

jmdajr

Fuck this.

Worst thread on GAF confirmed. I should've listened to FallingUguu.

No game/wrestler is safe. Shoot Promo/Shovels can be released at any moment.

nice: Nice my Kid has a double ear infection. Poor girl :(
It's subjecting her to a Jeff Jarret match.

I kid. My kid is not actually dying.

...which Ninja Gaiden though? They've fallen off a cliff.

Just the first one. No game (the Ninja Gaiden sequels included) has had a combat system that felt so precise before. It's a different sort of beast to DMC, but I personally found it to be far more rewarding. Second one was trash and I haven't looked at the series since. Ninja Gaiden: Black is just about the pinnacle of the genre, I'd say, but they made a couple of bosses easier for that one, while other encounters were harder, so it's hard to rate it. Sigma is OK, but the Rachel crap was awful.

I just want a new Snatcher game. :(

THIS. Or Policenauts. Both are awesome.

Vylash

At a risk of repeating myself, how the hell can anyone be expected to "grow a pair" when the WWE has created an environment where you're fucked over for the slightest amount of heat.

All well an good Cena saying this shit when he's in a fucking untouchable position but everyone else has to tow the "My way or the Highway" line or your careers done.

Alex Riley grew a pair backstage, and Cena made sure he was buried and now he's an announcer,fucking hypocrite

jmdajr

Cena said he almost got fired for his raunchy rapper gimmick.

He didn't say there was no risk in standing up. Bret and Jericho talked about two superstars who they encouraged to talk to Vince McMahon, and they were both subsequently fired. Opps.

For every Punk there is a Snitsky.

I just find it remarkable that for all the stroke and leverage Cena must have backstage, no one ever much seems to benefit from being associated with him. Remember those couple of months where Cena was full of praise for Evan Bourne and started teaming with him a bunch? The only thing Evan should be thankful for is that, in his case, he didn't fare as badly as Zack Ryder.

jmdajr

I just find it remarkable that for all the stroke and leverage Cena must have backstage, no one ever much seems to benefit from being associated with him. Remember those couple of months where Cena was full of praise for Evan Bourne and started teaming with him a bunch? The only thing Evan should be thankful for is that, in his case, he didn't fare as badly as Zack Ryder.

Zack blew his chances. Great videos but never translated to the ring. Bourne cares more about weed than being a top guy.

jmdajr

I'll give Brosky credit this shit was good

qyhdL.gif

But ultimately he was relegated to comedy side kick character ala Santino.
He was never gonna be more than that. He just never embraced it like Santino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom