• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looooool, holy shit, Johnny Goodtime;

iEu7YbTm1pNV3.gif

What a crazy dive.

jmdajr

Sabbatical or a sabbatical (from Latin sabbaticus, from Greek sabbatikos, from Hebrew shabbat, i.e., Sabbath, literally a "ceasing") is a rest from work, or a break, often lasting from two months to a year. The concept of sabbatical has a source in shmita, described several places in the Bible (Leviticus 25, for example, where there is a commandment to desist from working the fields in the seventh year). In the strict sense, therefore, a sabbatical lasts a year.

After what Vince said, Punk is just on extended leave then? I can live with that. Might even get him back for WM

After what Vince said we don't know a single thing more about what Punk is or isn't doing. Saying he's on sabbatical doesn't necessarily mean he is under contract or has any obligation to come back.

Basically something is happening behind the scenes and neither party is saying something public until they come to terms either due to creative, business, or legal reasons. Anyone outside of WWE Corporate or Punk himself who says anything about it doesn't know dick.

jred2k

Would not be surprised if Darren Young coming out publicly helped save his job- he seems incredibly useful for them on the charity/outreach/PR front.

The weird thing is that they have basically done nothing with him since. PTP have had almost no exposure in a tag team division that got much better after his coming out. They just turned them face and then they disappeared. The WWE was kind of in a weird position. If they gave him and Titus a major push it would look like their just trying to cash in on his sexuality. They actually probably handled it about as professionally as they could. He got a few matches on Raw shortly after showing that they were OK with him and then went back to treating him the same way they were before he came out.

strobogo

Banned
I guess we can keep track of people who are interested this way?

Spider

I'd love to review one of those WMs but I'm afraid I'm not at the same level of reviewing shows as you guys are.

Do what ever you do. You can make 15-20 gifs per show like me while getting angrier and angrier at each match, you can be liked that banned can who does 30 gifs per fake shoot fight. Or you can be like Boots and make small gifs with multiple spots in them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE Wrestler Darren Young Joins GaymerX2

PRO WRESTLER SUPPORTS THE LBGT GAMING COMMUNITY

SAN FRANCISCO, CA (February 19, 2014) - MidBoss, the team behind the convention known as GaymerX2, is excited to announce that openly gay WWE wrestler Fred Rosser AKA Darren Young, will be participating in this year’s festivities. The convention is to be held at the InterContinental Hotel in San Francisco’s vibrant South of Market neighborhood from July 11-13th.

Darren Young will be signing autographs and joining in Friday’s Opening Ceremonies, as well as Sunday’s Closing Ceremonies. He will also be a part of a panel titled “A Fireside Chat with Darren Young” at GaymerX.

"Darren Young's involvement in GaymerX is tremendously exciting. We understand the struggle that athletes face in coming out, especially when they live in the spotlight,” quoted Toni Rocca, President of GaymerX. “For a member of an organization as widely watched as WWE to be comfortable with his identity and also to continue to be accepted in his line of work is a great example for all athletic fields out there. We would really like to celebrate that."

"I am very excited to be a part of this year's GaymerX convention" Quoted Fred Rosser aka WWE's Darren Young,"Gay geeks and gamers around the world deserve to have their own community and I'm very proud to be a part of what should be an awesome experience."

Following the great success of last year’s GaymerX Kickstarter, the 2014 convention will support another Kickstarter, with a pledge where you can actually interact with and chat with Darren Young yourself. There are other pledges including sponsoring the convention, badges for the con, and cute stickers featuring the con’s mascots, Conway and Turing.

The more unique voices the better. You can't get better if you don't start somewhere.

Welp, you're right. It has to start somewhere.

Do what ever you do. You can make 15-20 gifs per show like me while getting angrier and angrier at each match, you can be liked that banned can who does 30 gifs per fake shoot fight. Or you can be like Boots and make small gifs with multiple spots in them.

Are anigifs a requirement in the plan though? (I still suck at making them)

Meltzer about Punk:

As I said yesterday, AJ getting an entire week off to spend with Punk seems a very strange thing to do if you're at odds with the guy.

I think a deal has been reached and Punk will be back soon, not convinced this was a work from the start, but I think it's going to be one. With Hogan not being advertised for next week and the idea that next weeks Raw will end with a cliffhanger, I think they might not wait until the Chicago Raw the next week.

Punk comes back, cuts a face promo about hating Vince and how he was unhappy because it was obviously Bryan's year and guys like him get held back, then at the end of the show he turns hard on Bryan, setting up the overrun where he explains Bryan took his spot and leading to a badass WM match that would be the only non-title Bryan match people might be ok with.

Boom.

mrboo001

Banned
I'd love to review one of those WMs but I'm afraid I'm not at the same level of reviewing shows as you guys are.

I think that is what will make this potentially interesting. I don't have nearly the amount of wrestling knowledge that some people so it might be interesting (for them, maybe) to read an "outsider's" opinion.

The only WM I've ever watch was 28 and I'm stilling going to try.

jmdajr

Punk need more time off. He's just going to blow up again.

Maybe do ONLY RAW, but no fucking House Shows or media.

beats me.

kirblar

They need all their guys spending less time in the ring on TV, period. Save 20 minute matches for special occasions, house shows, and PPV.

jmdajr

They need all their guys spending less time in the ring on TV, period. Save 20 minute matches for special occasions, house shows, and PPV.

Not happening. Cena just talked about things becoming more action oriented.

WWE needs an off season. Everyone should get a month off after Mania, and month off after Summerslam.

Will it happen? Nope.

Sokantish

Or maybe they should do less house shows. Do they make most of their money off house shows? I don't even know how it works.

kirblar

Not happening. Cena just talked about things becoming more action oriented.

WWE needs an off season. Everyone should get a month off after Mania, and month off after Summerslam.

Will it happen? Nope.
Because he's an guy with no concept of the business at a booking/macro level.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Or maybe they should do less house shows. Do they make most of their money off house shows? I don't even know how it works.

There is no way THAT is gonna happen. Not with Triple H in a position of power. He's a firm believer in House shows as it gives talent experience, and experience is what makes wrestlers good.

Whatever is going on with Punk. WWE should really make sure there is a resolution to the issue one way or another by the Chicago show.

If Punk agrees to do mania. GREAT!

If not. Grant him his release and get some of the hottest heat imaginable. I am sure Punk wouldn't mind if they used his departure to get the Chicago crowd going. He would probably be all for it. He is not the kind of pussy who would feel disrespected because of it

kirblar

There is no way THAT is gonna happen. Not with Triple H in a position of power. He's a firm believer in House shows as it gives talent experience, and experience is what makes wrestlers good.
And he's not wrong. Raw/Smackdown are essentially 2-hour long commercials for everything WWE sells. Assuming your audience has ADHD (like in the attitude era) is the right thing to do.

strobogo

Banned
Welp, you're right. It has to start somewhere.

Are anigifs a requirement in the plan though? (I still suck at making them)

You don't have to I guess. Gifcam is super, super easy. Super easy. All of mine are Gifcam. I have no idea how to make a legit one. If you can't figure out Gifcam, you should quit the internet.

I'm down for a WM write up
this is what Crowe's gimmick needs to be. he needs to bleach his hair, roll around on rollerblades (they can be like Cherry's if he doesn't actually know how), geek out over hardware, and wear ridiculous jackets

Vince has surely seen Hackers by now, right?
I think you should all watch this video and listen carefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeVSXobvLeQ
wut
WUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom