• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If WWE ends up with Viacom, is it safe to say that TNA is pretty much dead in the water?

Yes. Spike's the only one bothering to give them a TV spot, and that was only because of Bischoff and Hogan being around. If they give WWE a contract and WWE agrees to it, that's it for TNA, no matter what the terms are.

Showaddy

If RAW ends up on Spike then there is no question that TNA will die a rapid death, much like what happened to ECW and WCW.

No chance of Raw being on Spike but there's a lot of talk about Smackdown heading over there. Would probably have the same effect anyway.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Pro Wrestling 1/28/95

Tonight, we'll get the Nasty Boys (FUCK), a special look at Alex Wright (rad), an interview with Brian Pillman (rad), and "the high flying" Marcus Bagwell taking on Arn Anderson for Arn's TV Champion!

Gordon Solie, Dusty, and Larry Z are handling commentary for the show. They talk about last Wednesday's Clash of the Champions event. Dusty claims that Bubba Rogers (Big Boss Man) will be making his mark in WCW soon. Larry says Arn is definitely going to win.

Dustin Rhodes vs George South

"Do you know anything about that kid, George South?" Kid? Come on, Gordon. Dusty marks out for Dustin. Dustin is in better shape in 2014 than 1995. For real. South gets a cheap kick right at the start. Lots of leap frogs from Dustin. Dusty talks about shaking his booty and George a bobbin and a weavin on the ropes. Big back elbow from South. George is really taking it to Dustin. Dustin comes back with a flying lariatooo. Dustin wins with the bulldog.

iPlkxqcNnAHVb.gif

Alex Wright hype video.

ibo3WH0j72Kgin.gif

Hulk Hogan Hotline ad.

iVVqTiVKswr5j.gif

Recap of the Sullivan Brothers angle. Fucking Dave. Oh, it isn't a recap. It's the full match.

Kevin Sullivan vs Dave Sullivan

Dave runs right into the ring, in full Hogan gear, and gets attacked right away. God, this angle was some awful, awful shit and this was before Dave became Evad. Minus as many stars as you can find. The Butcher would run in and cause a DQ after Dave hit a leg drop. Dave gets double teamed and his Hulk Hogan robe gets ripped apart. Brutus then put him in the sleeper. Kevin did a hilariously mismatched piledriver. The Butcher cuts Dave's hair. Bobby claims that is his trademark. Actually, it's Vince's trademark. They also cut the laces from the "magic slippers" Dave was wearing, which were actually the boots Hogan was wearing when he defeated Andre. The boots were also destroyed.

iTp1tAJO4heIG.gif

TO THE SUPERBRAWL CONTROL CENTER. Gene talks about the upcoming Superbrawl V. We get a promo from Hogan and Jimmy Hart. Pre-Hollywood Hulk in WCW is so fucking weird. No coke, no or much less steroids, less tan, weird mustache. Hulk talks about the REAL New Generation while hyping up his match with Vader. I would love a 1989 Hogan promo on 1995 Vader. Not this weird trying to be hyped but without any of the helpers from the 80s stuff. Gene gives a run down of the card. Then he shills the hotline, which tonight is about someone leaving WCW.

The Nasty Boys vs Jobbers

Jobbers didn't even get a title card. Total squash. Gordan says that "the pair of marks" were having a problem, which I thought was weird until they said both guys names were Mark.

DDP's Arm Wrestling Challenge

God damn, DDP was painfully white trash. He calls out all the top faces (Sting, Hogan, Savage, Duggan) to be in the tournament. The winner gets a date with Kim. LOL Dusty is hilarious during this, especially about Kim. And the way he's talking, it sounds like he and DDP are having a conversation and it is great. Al Phillips vs DDP this week. WCW and their arm wrestling. Jesse Ventura wasn't even around anymore, so I don't know why this kind of thing was still going on. DDP won. Dave Sullivan walked out, but didn't come to ringside. DDP attacked Al after the contest.

i8TUGd8ElHD9R.gif

TO THE FLYIN BRIAN UP CLOSE. A sit down with Brian talking about his football career. He has a FANTASTIC mullet. He then talks about his voice problems and general struggling and fighting for what he wants. He's got a guest spot on Baywatch coming up. The eye of the tiger is back in Brian and he's gunning for the Cruiserweight Championship.

iZyKjI5IGJ1Av.gif

Arn Anderson vs Marcus Bagwell WCW TV Championship

Buff slaps on a headlock. Arn throws him off while perhaps pulling hair. And again. An atomic drop sends Arn to the floor. Buff is getting the better of the vet back in the ring. But then Buff is sent to the floor. He swings at Col. Parker, but Meng steps in the way. Arn then blindsides Buff. Arn wins by rolling through a cross body and cupping Buff's balls and taint. Title retained.

iSyKes20w7QMf.gif

Well Stro just showed all of us something worse than any TNA TV ever.

I can't believe I used to watch that garbage as a kid, I had literally no taste whatsoever.

strobogo

Banned
Well Stro just showed all of us something worse than any TNA TV ever.

I can't believe I used to watch that garbage as a kid, I had literally no taste whatsoever.

WCW was really bad in 1995. Really bad. All the bad Hogan stuff, and the hold over of terrible guys they had in 1992-1993, then losing a number of their best stars to make room for 80s WWF guys.

WCW was really bad in 1995. Really bad. All the bad Hogan stuff, and the hold over of terrible guys they had in 1992-1993, then losing a number of their best stars to make room for 80s WWF guys.

The Cruiserweight Division was always awesome. But that was all the guys that could work but WCW didn't know wtf to do with them. That Pillman mullet is pretty amazing though. I can't believe there wasn't a Brad Armstrong or Buddy Lee Parker highlight in there.

Joeki11a

Banned
He looks to have lost the last bit of muscle mass that he had, at his age and shape he's not getting that back.

It means he is faster now?, less mass is best for him, I remember people mocking his beer gut.

Also Sting vs Taker makes sense, now the
Idea of Brock vs Taker just shoulnt happen
he is wreckless now, Sting could protect Taker better.

strobogo

Banned
The Cruiserweight Division was always awesome. But that was all the guys that could work but WCW didn't know wtf to do with them. That Pillman mullet is pretty amazing though. I can't believe there wasn't a Brad Armstrong or Buddy Lee Parker highlight in there.

The Cruiserweight Division wasn't really what it would become until 1996. I mean, the title was around and Liger would come in and stuff, but it didn't really pick up until 1996 when the luchadores came in. 1995 is garbage pretty much all around except for a few stand outs.

It means he is faster now?, less mass is best for him, I remember people mocking his beer gut.

Also Sting vs Taker makes sense, now the
Idea of Brock vs Taker just shoulnt happen
he is wreckless now, Sting could protect Taker better.

Guys don't get faster at 50 years old.

Also, Brock isn't wreckless, he just uses a more physical style. Sting wouldn't exactly be protecting Taker, Sting can barely do anything himself these days

Once Taker can still put it a strong performance he is fine

For the last few years, they are ending the matches with him totally wore out - having put everything he could have win. Him looking older helps that storyline - which is probably the reason they started doing it in recent years in the first place.

As soon as he thinks he is unable to offer one big performance each year, he probably knows himself it is time to stop. His current look has nothing to do with anything.

UberTag

I don't understand why WWE does not want Bobby Roode. Guy has done very well in TNA and deserves better.
Dude's 37. They only want old farts in their company that they made themselves. Like Big Dave.
And they've already got Christian and his blue dot worthy face serving the role of elderly Canadian jobber.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Did he? Because Taker works once a year and still gets paid more than Kane, and he has a trophy wife.
Taker is on his third wife that he knocked up, and will likely leave him once he gets too old. GGG, on the other hand, has been with the same wife for decades, is happy with her, and actually looks healthy. Taker works once a year because he can only work once a year.

kirblar

The Chris Harris situation has probably kept them from picking up TNA guys as a rule- he looked good there.....and not so much in WWE as it became quite obvious he would have never passed a WWE wellness test while in TNA.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a place where I can watch past NXT events? The youtube channel only has stuff from 2012.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Worldwide 1/5/97

We'll have Juvi, Hypnosis, Alex Wright, Disco Inferno, Harlem Heat, and the Faces of Fear tonight! Bobby Heenan and Tony Schiavone helm the show. Brain doesn't realize it is 1997 and walks off.

ibtmpakWOr2Moq.gif

Billy Kidman vs Jimmy Graffiti

Jimmy Graffiti is Jimmy Del Ray from the Heavenly Bodies, but now he's dressed like he's a member of Public Enemy and lost his mullet. Kidman has a terrible hair cut. Gourdbuster from Jimmy. Lariatoo. Kidman misses a dropkick. Dude is like 123 Kid levels of skinny. He comes back with a top rope cross body and flying back elbow. Tornado bulldog. JDR throws off the second attempt. He goes up top and hits a flying canon ball for the win.

i5Y0tUI4CnMoO.gif

Disco Inferno vs Ron Thompson

So sad I didn't get to meet Disco in Las Vegas. Would have been the highlight of the trip. Disco was a lot...bulkier in 1997. He definitely looked better a little leaner in 1998-2000. Ron nearly drops Disco on a powerslam. Disco drops him with a back suplex and then attempts his inverted figure four. Ron shoves him off and the match continues. Ron does a dropkick well after Disco had already held onto the ropes and wins with the inverted standing figure four, known as the Last Dance.

i2WLB7wSrLRVx.gif

TO THE MARSHAL. Lee Marshal talks with...the Nasty Boys. FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. Knobs says he's going to bang Hogan.

Juventud Guerrera/Psychosis vs Jobbers

Out of shape white guys seem like bad opponents for Hypno Juice. Oh, they're called the Southern Posse? Fuck these guys. Mullet 1 is in control of Juvi until Hypno hits a top rope wheel kick. He follows it with a koppo kick and tags to Juvi, who comes in with a springboard leg drop. Double missile dropkick from Juvi. Hypno tried an electric chair or something, but couldn't get the guy up because he's FAT, so he hit a DDT instead. Juvi gets the win with a springboard 450.

i1goJVB1gwR5I.gif

ibsn9OHmgUbO5J.gif

TO THE ROAD REPORT. Fuck Mike Tenay.

Alex Wright vs Casey Thompson

Another Thompson? No dancing from Alex. What the fuck. Thompson goes to work the arm. Alex gets out with some World of Sport style stuff. Euro uppercut and gut wrench suplex. Thompson does a snake eyes and is now in control. Dropkick and leg drop. Going up top was his downfall. Alex caught him with a dropkick and started putting the boots to him. Superplex. Alex wins with a giant missile dropkick.

ibwMR7suYJrV26.gif

TO THE MARSHAL. This time, he speaks with Jim Duggan. All Duggan wants is a new 2x4. There might be a lot of great high flyers and technical wrestlers, but Duggan says that all that counts is who is standing at the end of the match. TOUGH GUY!

Big Bubba vs Kenny Kendall

This youngster is using his speed to his advantage until he gets his face punched off. Then gets a boot through his chest. "He's very deceiving. He looks like a 300 pound...guy...that is 300 pounds." Boss Man hits all of his normal spots. Kenny makes a brief come back only to get hit with the Boss Man Slam.

ibpeJnTQXNBkCG.gif

ibb16k4LTEt9Tx.gif

Harlem Heat vs Faces of Fear

Barb and Book star the match. Book's shoulder block doesn't budge Barb. Barb then easily catches a cross body. Booker is a big fucking guy to be easily catching like that. Corner lariatoo. It takes two kicks to send Barb down. Tag to Stevie. Tag to Meng. They have an awkward exchange while Bobby talks about sumo stuff. Double falling headbutts. Book gets laid out with a back suplex and Meng does leg drops and elbows. Stevie is such a bad wrestler. He never improved. Pretty uninteresting match here. It gets thrown out when all four men fight in the ring. Sherri goes after Jimmy.

Fans were WAY more into Hypno Juice than the main event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom