• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby Roode looks like he could be becoming TNA's Stone Cold. Really good promo with Dixie there.

image.php

Alucard

Banned
Goddamn. Great TV match between The Wolves and Bad Influence. Fantastic pace, stiff action, and crowd-pleasing action. Very good stuff.

Just got done watching Undertaker/Mankind's HiaC match in 98. Still absolutely crazy.

I still think that chokeslam was planned.

Taker standing in a perfectly safe spot, Foley not getting any air until the cage broke and just falling backwards instead.

Of course no one would admit to it because that shit was nuts.

Alucard

Banned
When I compared Roode to Stone Cold, I just meant his promise to dedicate his entire life to making Dixie's life hell if she screws him over. I dig his attitude and standing up for himself. Lots more shades of grey in TNA's stories than in the WWE. Not just good guy, bad guy.

Kaladin

ejvrK5l.jpg

My final time playing this game, as I'm trading it in tomorrow to put it toward Thief. Not the best run....got to 43 wins, with #43 being Brock Lesnar. He was about to beat me after hitting a signature move, but I kicked out and hit a stored finisher to dispose of him.

#44 was Darren Young, who defeated the Undertaker at Wrestlemania quite easily after having been worn down by 43 other guys.

Total score is blurry....it's 91906.

Why are streams call lamps?

Back in the long long ago we used to have more mod interaction in these threads. One of them made a half-hearted threat about us not posting about illegal streams so someone responded by saying we weren't talking about streams we were talking about lamps and it just sort of stuck.

That main event is proof Russo is back with the company. What a clusterfvck of non sensical shit. This really is 2001 WCW. No way in hell this company survives another year.

Kaladin

That main event is proof Russo is back with the company. What a clusterfvck of non sensical shit. This really is 2001 WCW. No way in hell this company survives another year.

Welcome to the club. We've been saying that since the asylum era, and then again in 2005 when they lost their TV deal, and then again every time Russo's bullshit or Jeff Jarrett's ego trip or Dixie's mark booking comes into play.

TNA is the company that will not die. Period.

Alucard

Banned

? Seemed pretty logical to me.

Magnus tries calling out his guys, the good guys come out and say it's not happening. The bad guys come out and everyone fights to the back as the bad guys seem neutralized...and the jealous partner costs the challenger the match.

Just finished Impact. Solid main event with a hype crowd and a decent swerve. Good episode tonight.

I have defended TNA plenty of times but.......outside of the Wolves/Bad Influence the entire show was a steaming pile of shit. I'm actually somewhat ashamed I spent two hours watching it. The promos were good in spots but the actual wrestling and in ring storytelling was some of the worst I have seen in 27 years of watching pro wrestling.

It's fucking shameful that they present this as a legitimate entertainment option.

Alucard

Banned
I have defended TNA plenty of times but.......outside of the Wolves/Bad Influence the entire show was a steaming pile of shit. I'm actually somewhat ashamed I spent two hours watching it. The promos were good in spots but the actual wrestling and in ring storytelling was some of the worst I have seen in 27 years of watching pro wrestling.

It's fucking shameful that they present this as a legitimate entertainment option.

To each their own. I enjoyed the Joe match, The Wolves, and the main event. Also dug Roode's promo and the opening exchange between Magnus and MVP. Even got Gail Kim with a bloody nose, and Aries continuing down the path of being a face.

The only things I didn't really like were the Shaw segments and some of the Dixie stuff. Otherwise, hard to dislike the Gunner buildup vids throughout the night. Thought they did a solid job of keeping people hyped from start to finish.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing bums me out more than hearing Alex Wright's music and NOT seeing him dance.

G-Fex

Why couldn't Brock Lesnar get into movies?

Is it Batista's "charm" ?

Danny Trejo is probably my favourite actor whose films I never want to see.

Don't want to give the mexican working man your money for a ticket? Sounds like racism shit Jred.

Solid episode of impact. Wolves had a good match, Joe is looking like a beast, solid main event and the knockouts match was aight. Man this Sam Shaw thing is really dumb. I wonder what they're gonna do with him.

Wasn't there a guy on WWE's version of ECW whose gimmick was that he was a rave dancer or something like that? I think it was around the time the show was on its last legs (not that it ever really had a high period).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fuck how many faces are left?

Gunner, Hardy (who's technically not there until Lockdown) Joe, Anderson, MVP, and the wolves.

I only post maybe once or twice a thread but I'm a full time lurker and I added my name to the Wrestlemania review list if y'all don't mind. Can't wait to do it!

Since I'm here:

Current Fave Five
1. Cesaro (JUST Cesaro)
2. Prince Devitt (thanks Boootay)
3. Daniel Bryan (it's about time he got legit merch)
4. Dean Ambrose (for the return of the promo)
5. Fandango (he won me over at MITB)

Honorable mention to the Rhodes Brothers entrance which will probably be scrapped soon. I've seen some of you guys rip for being out of sync but I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom