• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Why can't Biggie just be the nerdy jacked up black guy on Raw? Is it because that's Xavier Woods gimmick? Do you think Vince knows who Woods is?

Aiii

So not worth it
Aiii, I hope they have a diaper your size. Because on Sunday, it's not only your mouth that'll be full of crap.
6jrZggD.gif
That's not at all a completely disproportionate response to my posting that URL. ...

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Okay, totally random, but I was looking at the old Raw TitanTron sets, and I was reminded that the Royal Rumble set this year was practically just a scaled up version of the Universal set we have now. It really bugged me when I saw it, as one of the things I look forward to the most when watching a PPV is the different sets they have. Did this bug anyone else, or was it just me?

Razorskin

----- ------
Okay, totally random, but I was looking at the old Raw TitanTron sets, and I was reminded that the Royal Rumble set this year was practically just a scaled up version of the Universal set we have now. It really bugged me when I saw it, as one of the things I look forward to the most when watching a PPV is the different sets they have. Did this bug anyone else, or was it just me?
I look forward to the wrestlemania sets.

strobogo

Banned
Has there ever been this many black dudes on the main roster? Seems like there's way more than usual.

Biggie
Truth
Woods
I guess Brodus even though he's MIA
Kofi
Darren Young
Titus
Mark Henry
Otunga though again MIA
JTG MIALOL
Plus Byron

During the Attitude Era

D'Lo
Godfather
Faarooq
Mark Henry
2 Cold Scorpio
Ahmed (kind of)
Viscera
Devon
Truth briefly

Rock could be in both I suppose. I think there probably are more black people on the roster now than at any point. Plus women (Alicia Fox, Cameron, Naomi), then for sure.

Ruthless Aggression era had Shelton, Viscera, Rodney Mack, D'Lo for a bit, Mark Henry, Lashley, Booker, and Monty Brown. It's sad that it isn't even that hard to think of all the black wrestlers from any given era. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any in the Golden Era besides Tony Atlas, Virgil, Bad News, and Koko.

I'm looking for some recommendations on Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Prince Devitt, Cesaro, or Daniel Bryan matches. I'm slowly getting my girlfriend into wrestling. At the moment, DB and Cesaro are definitely her favorites. Her least favorite? Randy Orton. "He's boring and I hate his face". Well, there ya have it.

Anyways, I've shown her the following matches:

Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn 2 out of 3 falls NXT match
Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan Smackdown Feb. 7th
Cesaro vs. Randy Orton Smackdown Feb. 14th
Cesaro vs. John Cena RAW Feb. 17th
Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton (one of the first ones, when it was actually pretty good/exciting)
Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt Royal Rumble
Various other DB matches I can't recall at the moment (I MIGHT have shown her the gauntlet that had Cesaro in the second match, and the Summerslam victory over Cena)
Various Shield matches
We also watched the last two Royal Rumbles matches, and various others on RAW/Smackdown.

After watching Neville vs. Breeze on the latest NXT, I already can tell she'll love Neville. But I have pretty limited experience with him. And Sami Zayn. And I've never seen a Prince Devitt match. Where would be a good place to start with him?

She hasn't expressed interest in Neville, Zayn, or Devitt, but I'm pretty sure she'll be on board with all three.

cruelest bf ever

Sami Zayn vs. Jack Swagger is actually almost as good as the 2/3 falls match
Sami Zayn vs. Neville

are also great Zayn matches, though all are at least pretty good. idk bout devitt tho

Perhaps!

But, I've left WrassleGAF open a lot, so she's seen it quite a bit over the past few months (not that I post often, though). She can recognize/remember a few people in this thread. She recognizes Strobogo's avatar. She's slowly learning some of the wrestling lingo and jokes from this thread. (i.e. She joked about potatoes and limes in regards to Sheamus)
She fucking lost it at the picture of Cesaro somebody posted a day or two ago that said "WEED THE PEOPLE" under it. She's a stoner, you see.

So yes. I'm a monster.

kirblar

Batista dropped a shit-ton of mass when he went into MMA, and it's not surprising that he can't recover it at his age. Big misfire on his end.

Speaking of RZA, The trailer for the movie he's in looks great
Oh shit, he's in a Luc Besson movie with Paul Walker and KURRGAN

I'm there
Perhaps!

But, I've left WrassleGAF open a lot, so she's seen it quite a bit over the past few months (not that I post often, though). She can recognize/remember a few people in this thread. She recognizes Strobogo's avatar. She's slowly learning some of the wrestling lingo and jokes from this thread. (i.e. She joked about potatoes and limes in regards to Sheamus)
She fucking lost it at the picture of Cesaro somebody posted a day or two ago that said "WEED THE PEOPLE" under it. She's a stoner, you see.

So yes. I'm a monster.
oh. WELL THEN carry on

actually exposing her to WrassleGAF might be worse than exposing someone to wrestling

After watching Neville vs. Breeze on the latest NXT, I already can tell she'll love Neville. But I have pretty limited experience with him. And Sami Zayn. And I've never seen a Prince Devitt match. Where would be a good place to start with him?

She hasn't expressed interest in Neville, Zayn, or Devitt, but I'm pretty sure she'll be on board with all three.

Dailymotion has some sweet Devitt vs PAC (Neville) matches from NJPW on there, as well as Devitt vs Ibushi from Wrestle Kingdom 8 super sick match with great entrances

Pretty much every Zayn match on NXT so far has been impressive, but the Cesaro/Zayn 2/3 falls is for sure the best one

Neville vs the Wyatts on NXT was pretty good but again his best match so far was probably the Zayn/Neville match a little while back, also Neville/Graves vs Ohno/Zayn was pretty good if I remember right

Aiii

So not worth it
When Bo turned heel he became 200% more fun compared to when he was a face.

He's not a main event act though, so I hope they push him nicely back down the card when he loses the belt on the PPV SPECIAL LIVE EVENT.

I was watching NXT when Bo became champion. He had that really shitty title match with Big E. I think I've only watched one or two of his matches since he became a heel. I know he's supposed to be more enjoyable now, but I don't think I can bring myself to watch any Bo Dallas at the moment. Except that upcoming match with Neville. I'll watch that.

And thank you for the match suggestions (to those who have suggested matches). I definitely need to look into those Zayn, Neville, and Devitt matches.

And also, Bo still sucks. I'm sure of it.

I'm sad that only UberTag and Nocturnowl will get my post. We should form a stable, but we'd still need a name. One that's witty at first, but seems less funny each time you hear it.

Ithil

I'm looking for some recommendations on Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Prince Devitt, Cesaro, or Daniel Bryan matches. I'm slowly getting my girlfriend into wrestling. At the moment, DB and Cesaro are definitely her favorites. Her least favorite? Randy Orton. "He's boring and I hate his face". Well, there ya have it.

Anyways, I've shown her the following matches:

Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn 2 out of 3 falls NXT match
Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan Smackdown Feb. 7th
Cesaro vs. Randy Orton Smackdown Feb. 14th
Cesaro vs. John Cena RAW Feb. 17th
Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton (one of the first ones, when it was actually pretty good/exciting)
Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt Royal Rumble
Various other DB matches I can't recall at the moment (I MIGHT have shown her the gauntlet that had Cesaro in the second match, and the Summerslam victory over Cena)
Various Shield matches
We also watched the last two Royal Rumbles matches, and various others on RAW/Smackdown.

Two birds with one stone, PAC (Adrian Neville) vs Prince Devitt at Best of the Super Juniors,in 2012. Apparently the match that got HHH to sign PAC and gain an interest in Devitt.

I have no idea who that is lol the name John Morrison sorta rings a bell, but I think it's because I've seen him mentioned in here. I only started watching wrestling again in 2013 (right after Wrestlemania or so). I took a nearly 17 year break, so I pretty much missed the attitude era and onwards.

I was on the shitter, and got inspiration on how to bring back Punk and make everyone happy.

- Have Bryan be in a high-stakes match to get into the main event at Mania
- Bryan is on the cusp of losing because of interference, then the music hits
- Punk cleans house, Bryan gets the pin
- Sometime during the build-up, Punk meets Bryan backstage. "I came back from my time-off early just to help you win the big one. If you don't win, rest assured I'm kicking your ass. And if you do win...I'm kicking your ass."
- Bryan wins Mania, Punk comes down to congratulate him, shades of Eddy/Benoit
- GTS after the hug

Now you have a story for the next couple months, and this isn't even including Orton/Batista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom