• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to try to get us both super high later and watch the Zayn/Neville match on NXT. Weed makes practically everything more enjoyable, and that includes wrestling. It's much better.

Also, I love how whenever WWE does something for kids, suddenly all the women are fully clothed:
home_superstars3.png

gotta love the miz's gut in that pic

G-Fex

I was on the shitter, and got inspiration on how to bring back Punk and make everyone happy.

- Have Bryan be in a high-stakes match to get into the main event at Mania
- Bryan is on the cusp of losing because of interference, then the music hits
- Punk cleans house, Bryan gets the pin
- Sometime during the build-up, Punk meets Bryan backstage. "I came back from my time-off early just to help you win the big one. If you don't win, rest assured I'm kicking your ass. And if you do win...I'm kicking your ass."
- Bryan wins Mania, Punk comes down to congratulate him, shades of Eddy/Benoit
- GTS after the hug

Now you have a story for the next couple months, and this isn't even including Orton/Batista.

iKFt7KjSmJetr.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
I have no idea who that is lol the name John Morrison sorta rings a bell, but I think it's because I've seen him mentioned in here. I only started watching wrestling again in 2013 (right after Wrestlemania or so). I took a nearly 17 year break, so I pretty much missed the attitude era and onwards.

That's okay, on the Network you can catch up on ALL THE THINGS!

GQman2121

Banned
Who is the third person on commentary at WM XXVI? I'm watching HBK/Taker on Netflix and I don't recognize the voice. You know what you're getting with Lawler and Cole, but this third voice is awful.

Holy shiiiiiiiit;

ovWa3iJ.jpg

I'M MARKING OUT, BRO!

Fuck, this match will surely be all kinds of amazing. Zack's one of the best technical wrestlers in the world today, so I'm pretty sure shootstyle Shinsuke will love wrestling him. NJPW vs NOAH in RevPro, who'd have thunk it?

DiscoJon

Banned
Working at a video store for the past two years has really opened my eyes to the amount of pure direct-to-DVD shit there is. it's like there's a new Danny Trejo movie every month. if not him, Dolph Lundgren.
I worked at a local video store for about five years when I lived in Seattle. I completely forgot about the amount of direct sale crap with random B and C list "movie stars" that comes out every week. It was a fun job but at the same time was completely soul crushing at times. Having people treat you like garbage over the must asinine stuff, I don't miss that at all.

I worked at a local video store for about five years when I lived in Seattle. I completely forgot about the amount of direct sale crap with random B and C list "movie stars" that comes out every week. It was a fun job but at the same time was completely soul crushing at times. Having people treat you like garbage over the must asinine stuff, I don't miss that at all.
Yeah, these days every so often someone will be shitty but for the most part people aren't dicks. the worst i can say about working in one today is that business is slow

Kaladin

I just thought of what I'm doing first with the network.

This month marks 20 years to the day that I went to my first live wrestling event. It was WCW Superbrawl IV. That event was never released officially by WCW on home video, so all I have seen are shitty VHS rips off the PPV broadcast.

With WWE's promise of every WCW PPV on the network, I am finally able to watch that PPV in the best quality possible. For that reason and that reason alone I'm in 4 life.

JoMo was poised to be a star until he couldn't pass the final test. Vince had sex with Melina and Mike Knox. Confusing and beta-ing JoMo. Gonna eat his lunch.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think I'm just gonna go chronologically.

Might watch some select big WCW PPV's first for nostalgia reasons though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to watch Jim Crockett era DUBYA CEE DUBYA with all hte Flair, Duthy, Schiavone with a mustache, Freebirds, etc promos for days.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm pretty sure she was going to be called up before Emma, but she got injured.

But yeah, I expect her to debut shortly after WM. Put her into a program with AJ, as they need to give AJ something to do after she loses the belt anyways.

But this is WWE, so she'll probably end up as Xavier Woods' valet or something.

G-Fex

Did you guys know Terry Funk had a rock album?

That damn Barbara's Streisand nose song was stuck in my head. Thanks a lot nL

Showaddy

Presumably Paige would come up to the main roster as a heel so I wonder if they'd consider turning AJ face and ending this stupid Total Divas feud.

So with Paige's new theme and her new gear (colour):

Could mean she's being called up fairly soon.
Goddam. I must get to her before she becomes too popular or dates some Bane wannabe.

Debut her at the Raw after Mania. Have her wrestle a seven minute match versus AJ. Instant over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Goddam. I must get to her before she becomes too popular or dates some Bane wannabe.

Debut her at the Raw after Mania. Have her wrestle a seven minute match versus AJ. Instant over.

'Who is this pale chick?'
'Why am I supposed to care?'
'Boy this match is boring.'
'Where's Punk?'

Aiii

So not worth it
'Who is this pale chick?'
'Why am I supposed to care?'
'Boy this match is boring.'
'Where's Punk?'

AJ vs. Kaitlyn proved that you can have a divas match in this day and age and have people care about it.

But I doubt you could do that without any build to it.

Hasney

Just got a weird version of Smackdown downloaded. There hasn't been a second of commentary and I don't even think the crowds been sweetened yet. It's like pre-edit.

The Bryan/Swagger match is fantastic so far though. I kind of like it without commentary, but it's just so odd because I'm not used to it.

EDIT: The replays are in though. This is so bizarre.

Xater

Holy shiiiiiiiit;

ovWa3iJ.jpg

I'M MARKING OUT, BRO!

Fuck, this match will surely be all kinds of amazing. Zack's one of the best technical wrestlers in the world today, so I'm pretty sure shootstyle Shinsuke will love wrestling him. NJPW vs NOAH in RevPro, who'd have thunk it?

Why can't he make a stop here in Germany? :(

So with Paige's new theme and her new gear (colour):

Could mean she's being called up fairly soon.

She's a woman, can't have her wrestle in black!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom