• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so confused about the Network. Are we going to be able to just watch it from our web browser or do we really need something that carries the WWE App?

I'm absolutely sure it's the browser as well. That'd be ridiculous.

Aiii

So not worth it
WiiU is the best console of the new gen so far.
Most good games, yeah. But that's only because it's been out longer.

The system itself is horrible, it's slow, underpowered, the controller has the worst range ever and is almost unusable in its intended way, the shop sucks and is horribly overpriced, the friend system is archaic, it doesn't even do trophies and even Miiverse is only moderately entertaining.

Toki767

I'm absolutely sure it's the browser as well. That'd be ridiculous.

That's what I originally thought, but every time I hear the Observer or some other site talk about it, they never mention just going on your computer to watch it. They always say you need one of the media devices.

Sc9mWtg.jpg

Ya'll ain't ready.

jmdajr

Best thing I can say about PS4 is that it only cost me 400 bucks. I really didn't need it.
Would have been happy enough with all these PS+ titles on PS3, and my backlog 360 games.

Still, PS4 will have games soon, and the price isn't going to change.

WiiU to me would be a bad long term investment. Can't support system that don't care about 3rd party.

Sephzilla

Taker vs Hogan WM30

"The Immortal Challenge"

Believe

Best thing I can say about PS4 is that it only cost me 400 bucks. I really didn't need it.
Would have been happy enough with all these PS+ titles on PS3, and my backlog 360 games.

WiiU to me would be a bad long term investment. Can't support system that don't care about 3rd party.

Like the Wii, I'd only recommend buying a WiiU if you have a PS4 or XB1 already in your possession. That way you aren't being cut off from 80% of the video game world.

Sokantish

I still don't think my Wii U was a bad purchase, I bought it at launch for that untitled Monolithsoft game X... and haven't played it at all since. Okay maybe it was a bad purchase, but it is going to pay off eventually.

Carnby

That's what I originally thought, but every time I hear the Observer or some other site talk about it, they never mention just going on your computer to watch it. They always say you need one of the media devices.

That would be for the dedicated app. Otherwise, you can watch it on a web browser.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't think my Wii U was a bad purchase, I bought it at launch for that untitled Monolithsoft game X... and haven't played it at all since. Okay maybe it was a bad purchase, but it is going to pay off eventually.

lmao

why would you buy a system for a game that doesnt exist yet

Toki767

My only complaint about the Wii U (besides no third party support) is that the OS is as slow as molasses. The PS4 OS on the other hand is quick and smooth. Wii U currently has better games though.

lmao

why would you buy a system for a game that doesnt exist yet

My friend did this shit for PS3. "It's a good investment"

No it's not, you have nothing to play on it now so why wouldn't you just wait to get it when you have something to play on it? I guarantee by the time I have a reason to get a Wii U, it'll be at $250 regular price and cheaper on sale

Sephzilla

I think we are going to look back on this time as a huge missed opportunity for The E.

I have that same feeling

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

I am a real American, Fight for the rights of every man.

Best theme music ever

My friend did this shit for PS3. "It's a good investment"

No it's not, you have nothing to play on it now so why wouldn't you just wait to get it when you have something to play on it? I guarantee by the time I have a reason to get a Wii U, it'll be at $250 regular price and cheaper on sale

InFamous Second Son comes out soon and I want to play the fuck out of that. PS4's are also super hard to find at retail. I'd be screwed if I didn't jump at the first chance to get a PS4 knowing full well that it would be a down the line investment.

jmdajr

Like the Wii, I'd only recommend buying a WiiU if you have a PS4 or XB1 already in your possession. That way you aren't being cut off from 80% of the video game world.

And price cut. Can't justify the cost for what it offers. Not to me anyway.

I could potential bite at 199 or less, but seeing as how it's a sinking ship I'll just wait and see what comes after. Maybe by then they will have an actual account based system.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've actually found a lot more hidden fun in my Wii U than I expected. I actually prefer the browser to the ones I've used on my tablet (I use it frequently to post here while watching wrasslin) and some of the games I've picked up on the cheap have been good.

Ninja Gaiden 3:Razor's Edge in particular was a great deal as was TTT2.

The actual must buys for the system have all delivered, I had tons of fun with NSMB Wii, ZombiU, NSLU, MH3U, and 3D World and have barely scratched the surface of Pikmin 3 and W101.

Just downloaded Tropical Freeze last night and boy is that fun. Played the first two levels before passing out. This year should be pretty good with Smash 4, Mario Kart 8 and X.

Sephzilla

And price cut. Can't justify the cost for what it offers. Not to me anyway.

I could potential bite at 199 or less, but seeing as how it's a sinking ship I'll just wait and see what comes after. Maybe by then they will have an actual account based system.

I'm holding out on one of three scenarios
  1. 3DS / Wii / Wii-U cross platform VC purchases
  2. A real account system
  3. Bundle with no tablet controller

TL21xx

Banned
Just found out my WM for reviewing.

HELL YEAH!

So...?

PS = WWE
Xbox = WCW
WiiU = TNA

Actually, Wii U is WWE New Gen. Nintendo's the perfect analog to the WWE's policy of "our way or the highway" until it doesn't work. The transition to ATTITUDE™ is coming if what they've said about Nintendo OS is to be believed.

Sephzilla

Actually, Wii U is WWE New Gen. Nintendo's the perfect analog to the WWE's policy of "our way or the highway" until it doesn't work. The transition to ATTITUDE™ is coming if what they've said about Nintendo OS is to be believed.

I'd buy that
for a dollar

Hasney

I ended up looking at a Wii U pre-order when Bayonetta 2 was announced. Saw Amazon had a £100 price mistake and jumped on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom