• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
I almost legitimately committed suicide while working for Sallie Mae, 100% because of the job. But that kind of stuff is all there is around here.

Gorillaz

Hell Yeah!

hogan2_zps947a661e.gif

I wish we had a chance for him to go back to biker. One last time for laughs.

edit: stro? can't let suicidal thoughts get through to you like that breh, damn that story tho..hang in there

strobogo

Banned
They aren't there now, but I was so miserable at Sallie Mae. Just the worst possible environment for me. Took my soul out back and gave it a Kanyon Cutter through a flaming table with light tubes and thumb tacks. What a terrible place that is. It's like having to watch nothing but Young Bucks and Konnan matches 24 hours a day.

Showaddy

I wish we had a chance for him to go back to biker. One last time for laughs.

edit: stro?

If he is actually fighting Lensar I actually think it makes more sense from him to be Biker-Taker for the fight. Especially if they are going the real life rivals route for the feud.

He can just go back to Deadman taker next year for Sting.

Rapstah

No because Shiek would say "Fuck Hogan in ass, Sting is pile of shit!"

He actually did comment on the Hogan issue:
Hulk Hogan you watch your fucking back I come to Wrestlemania break your fucking neck
I don't know why I didn't assume he would have.

Edit: I just watched Smackdown. The high point is Titus O'Neil's new theme song. It's the one WWE's Youtube channel uploaded a week ago only remixed and with lyrics. It's amazing. I think it's also what Darren Young entered to a week ago which makes absolutely no sense - why would they switch music if they were switching to the same song - but it's great.

Snaku

Banned
Yeah I've been looking at those sites for the past couple hours. There isn't much around here to help out. It's really they need to cut back and live within their means, but they've become too accustomed to their lifestyle. And her husband won't ask any of his family for help despite his sister and brother in law being legit millionaires, and both of his parents having a good chunk of money. And they'd all be willing to help, but he is the kind of guy that can't let people know he isn't on that level, even though he has never been on that level. It's really frustrating to me. Shit like playing for HD and all the movie channels when they don't even have HD TVs and rarely watch movies. That he still goes out to eat and tips huge to impress people. That he's decided to start a winery even with ZERO experience with starting a business or making alcohol. That he spends at least $2K a year just in beer, then however much to keep his bar fully stocked. All this because he got used to his wife making a ton of money for years while he worked at a factory and was laid off for probably 4 years total of the 90s. And then once the factory shut down for good, he went 3 years without working while she had all the income. And now she can't work, he's got a shitty job a t-shirt place that he allegedly partially owns (he doesn't, but he tells people he does), and now he's mad that he has to be the breadwinner and do stuff around the house since my mom is worn out from chemo and rheumatoid arthritis that she can't take any treatment for until after she's done with all the cancer shit. She'll cook something and he'll go out to eat anyway. They've got 2 extra cars that they pay insurance and plates on and he doesn't want to sell them even though one of them hasn't even been taken out in 3 years. He had to buy a boat (in Central Indiana) because his brother in law had one. It hasn't been in the water in years and instead of trying to sell it, he has it parked out behind my grandparents' house.

Pisses me off. Dude thinks he's a high roller because he never had to be the bread winner, and now that he is, he's mad because my mom can't contribute and keep him living they way he's used to. Dude is a mark ass mark. Fackin bowlshit JEEEEEEEZZUS

The man sounds like a total ass. Hope things work out eventually.

strobogo

Banned
The man sounds like a total ass. Hope things work out eventually.

He's a baby. He's never had to work hard and was always content because his wife made double the money as him and could keep him in a nice lifestyle. And now it's his turn to carry the load and he's being a whiny bitch about things. Like his wife on chemo and rheumatoid arthritis not keeping the house clean and climbing up and down rickety stairs to do the laundry.

jred2k

Open mic night actually has better health insurance than TNA.

Also, fuck this thread. Because of it all I can hear in that video is Scott Stapp. I hadn't thought of Creed in years until Renee Young started doing photoshoots.

Between The Buried and Me + Deafheaven are coming and I can't find anyone who want's to go with me :(

I've never gone to a concert by myself

I went to a concert by myself last week and ended up kissing some stranger, getting her number and am seeing her again tonight.

I don't remember what she looks like.

Go for it!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I went to a concert by myself last week and ended up kissing some stranger, getting her number and am seeing her again tonight.

I don't remember what she looks like.

Go for it!

I am going to ask a couple of more friends, then a girl I haven't met yet from OKcupid, then I will just go solo.

I'm asking her out for drinks tonight. She is a solid 8, and if she says yes, that will mean that the average of the last 3 girls I have gone on dates with will be a 7.3.

Also Hogan was never good

Check this out;

Hulk Hogan vs Stan Hansen - (AJPW/WWF 04/13/1990)

Hulk was always awesome in Japan and this is probably the best example of that. Everyone needs to check out his Japan work, as it shows he more than had the chops to hang with a wide variety of wrestlers and styles. This match itself has some great moments that break from the usual Hogan-match formula and it's awesome to see Hulk take things to the mat, showing off his technical skill, and the wider variety of moves he uses to chop down the larger Hansen, such as a sweet-ass flying crossbody that I don't ever recall seeing him use in the states. Also, Japan is great at making matches seem like a HUGE deal and, in this case, it really is. The most famous gaijin wrestler in Japan and the most famous wrestler in the world going ALL OUT for a solid 12+ minutes and beating each other bloody. It's billed as a Special Dream Match and, as the insanely hot crowd reactions can attest, it more than lived up to that billing.

Between The Buried and Me + Deafheaven are coming and I can't find anyone who want's to go with me :(

I've never gone to a concert by myself
ahaha, my friend has that same problem
I don't like Deafheaven, they are definitely Not For Me
Austin Aries just came up in my facebook feed and now he's apparently the 2nd coming of Chad Kroeger! Y2J gimmick infringement? http://youtu.be/Te99DT-u9uI
christ. CHRIST. Glad he's keeping his options open after TNA goes under though

Showaddy

Little update on Devitt with an interview he did recently.

"Of course it's on my radar; it'd be silly of me to say it's not on my wish list of things to do in life. It's very flattering because I grew up watching WWE, but to be even considered employable by a company like that is a big honor for me. I'm very happy with what I'm doing now, but if the situation came up and it was the right move, I'd like to try it."

This whole sagas been going on for too long now but Devitt's a really cool guy and he's obviously taking as much time as possible to make sure he makes the right decision. Personally I'm happy either way.

Spider I can't blame you for wanting to leave Michigan.

I left 4 times but I always found my way back home.

Every time I moved away I said I'd never come back and yet here I am living in Michigan...

Holy shit Norman Smiley in that Hogan pic, glad that guy is still working! One of my FAV jobbers of all time!

XenoRaven

I kind of like Grand Rapids. It's turned into a pretty neat art city.

My friends intern name was Farva.
Hmm must have been from the period I stopped listening for awhile. Oh well!

GR does sound pretty interesting from what I can gather from the show. I doubt I'd ever visit for fun but it doesn't sound like a bad place to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom