• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will know Devitt is actually close to signing when he shuts up talking about it.

I should find out what schools he went to growing up. I might have gone to the same. That would be interesting I guess.

strobogo

Banned
ibbOhJl13Xw8Tp.gif

My first ever gif. Look ok?

Yes. Do you have it at 30 or 16 FPS? 30 looks better, but also creates a bigger file size.

Stro, my heart goes out to you. Sounds like a tough situation and like someone needs to be told to man up.

Dude needed to be told that 15 years ago.

GR is an awesome town!

Lived there for 5 years (Well Walker but it's all GR to me).

If I hadn't met my wife I'd probably still be living there but I'm in Mt Pleasant now.

Best thing about GR is it is one of the few big cities that feels more like a small town. Plus it has the Griffins the best damn minor league hockey team in all the land!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't know if anyone watches this show, but DDP is on Shark Tank tonight with DDP Yoga (even though he's already sold a shitload).

Foffy

Banned
They aren't there now, but I was so miserable at Sallie Mae. Just the worst possible environment for me. Took my soul out back and gave it a Kanyon Cutter through a flaming table with light tubes and thumb tacks. What a terrible place that is. It's like having to watch nothing but Young Bucks and Konnan matches 24 hours a day.

If you don't mind me asking, as I know Sallie Mae is often held in very, very poor standing by people, what exactly was so abominable with your experience working there? You make it sound like you were working at Foxconn, and I'm sure the comparison is just.

Alucard

Banned
ROH 12th Anniversary going on right now. Avoiding spoilers for now as I'll probably be ordering it with On Demand on the ROH website.

Cole vs. Hero
Briscoe vs. Bennett
AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal
Kevin Steen vs. Cliff Compton
Michael Elgin vs. Matt Hardy
Matt Taven vs. Silas Young
The Decade vs. Mark Briscoe, Adam Page, and Cedric Alexander
Ciampa vs. Hanson
Adrenaline Rush vs. ReDragon

...and maybe some other stuff. Sounds like it could be a good time, and I'm expecting Styles/Lethal to steal the show.

Alucard

Banned
I don't know if anyone watches this show, but DDP is on Shark Tank tonight with DDP Yoga (even though he's already sold a shitload).

No way. That's pretty cool, I guess. My wife ordered it for my birthday, and I should be getting the max pack in the mail next week.

Sabucin

ROH 12th Anniversary going on right now. Avoiding spoilers for now as I'll probably be ordering it with On Demand on the ROH website.

Cole vs. Hero
Briscoe vs. Bennett
AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal
Kevin Steen vs. Cliff Compton
Michael Elgin vs. Matt Hardy
Matt Taven vs. Silas Young
The Decade vs. Mark Briscoe, Adam Page, and Cedric Alexander
Ciampa vs. Hanson
Adrenaline Rush vs. ReDragon

What? That Fat ass still wrestling?

strobogo

Banned
If you don't mind me asking, as I know Sallie Mae is often held in very, very poor standing by people, what exactly was so abominable with your experience working there? You make it sound like you were working at Foxconn, and I'm sure the comparison is just.

You're on phones all day, randomly calling people who are past due on loans as early as 30 days (which I think got moved back to 90). The majority of people who aren't paying on their loans isn't because they are dead beats or don't want to pay. It's because they can't get a job and have kids/other bills. Then you call their parents. Then you call their grandparents. Then siblings. Then friends if you have their number. And you hound them every day. And it is non stop. All day. Non stop. You do get incoming calls, asking to make payments or more often the relatives who want the calls to stop. But they don't. They just get shuffled for a few weeks.

A lot of people simply can't pay, even when they have jobs, because the interest rates are (or were, I worked there in 2007-2009 and I know laws have changed since then) ridiculous and the base payments were usually pretty high. For those people, they can't get the kind of deferments where interest doesn't accrue. Those people get the kind that will add a year's worth of interest to the back end of the loan. I absolutely had people where I added $100K to their loans that were already too big for them to pay. So the first few months, you make a lot of money, and then you realize that you're ruining lives, bothering people every day, all so this company can dick more people over on loans.

The job itself sucks, but then you get into management. The Office and Office Space are scarily accurate. I had 5 direct bosses. At a call center. And none of them knew anything about the job. They all lucked into promotions for starting early when that particular center opened. They all played favorites, would dick you over on bonuses, pit people against each other to cause conflict thinking it would produce better numbers. They want you to hit your numbers and make a lot of money, until you make too much money and then they try to find ways to limit you.

It's just fucking gross. The whole culture of the place. They rock that shit like 80s yuppies. For a fucking call center on student loans.

Joeki11a

Banned
Yes. He's basically the new Ryder in the sense that he complained about his treatment and made fun of the product so now he's doomed forever.

Thats insane, didnt he have the most amazing cash in on Raw for the title, WWE officials are kinda fucked up

its like you cant complain one bit, why are they so insecure?, wtf man.

Bad thing is these wrestlers feel trapped and probably threaten so they go or cant feed their family

jred2k

Has he gone on yet? I just tuned into ABC.
Nah he hasn't been on yet. Based on his sales already, he's probably the big fish(lol c wut I did) of the episode and will be on last.

Thats insane, didnt he have the most amazing cash in on Raw for the title, WWE officials are kinda fucked up

its like you cant complain one bit, why are they so in secure?, wtf man.

It's more about how he complained. He didn't balls up and go to Vince. Instead he dragged the product through the mud in public. That shit wouldn't work with any company.

Gorillaz

I forgot who but somebody here earlier mentioned old wwe star on Shark Tank tonight, he's on now

edit: welp I guess yall know already lmao

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
DDP is on now.

Cool, he has that dude from the video that went viral on.

Striker

It's more about how he complained. He didn't balls up and go to Vince. Instead he dragged the product through the mud in public. That shit wouldn't work with any company.
Look at where he's been since 2009. Same spot. I think his boiling point came when his feud with ADR for the World title was changed for a mini feud with Big E and AJ at Summerfest. Right to go complain publicly? Probably not. But he could just be Sandow and have everything swept under him for no reason, be a jobber, and take it like that.

Joeki11a

Banned
Nah he hasn't been on yet. Based on his sales already, he's probably the big fish(lol c wut I did) of the episode and will be on last.

What if he couldnt reach him?

Vince is extremely Busy around this time

in fact the entire family are all insanely nervous due to XXX Mania and WWE Network

Ziggler needed to talk and nobody was around.

RBH

News and notes from the latest issue of Figure Four Weekly:

Nelson Frazier Jr., the former (King) Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V, passed away at 43 from a heart attack this past week. He had lost 100 pounds in the last six months by cutting salt and sugar out of his diet, so having already lost noticeable weight in the last few years, he had slimmed down a lot from when he was an active star. It's at least theoretically possible the rapid weight loss caused the heart attack.

Dish Network was the first provider to blink when it comes to the whole "WWE undercutting us on PPV by $45" thing and won't be airing Elimination Chamber. That it happened now (this PPV isn't being undercut) was a bit of a surprise, as was that it wasn't DirecTV, who had made noise publicly about pulling the PPVs. While there was some chatter from AT&T UVerse subscribers that it wasn't in their program guide or on the UVerse website, it did eventually show up in the guide and WWE confirmed that they're still carrying the show. It looks like WWE is trying to resolve this quietly, as they drew no attention to it on TV (so most subscribers won't know they can't get the show until they try to order) and pretty much refused to talk about it during the investors' conference.

While unconfirmed, one source within Comcast said employees in customer service were being prepped on how to handle calls regarding the company no longer carrying WWE PPVs after this Sunday's Elimination Chamber. Comcast serves 22 million subscribers in the United States.

Regarding the upcoming free trial week of the Network, like most free trials you'll have to provide all of your credit card information to get the free trial, and if you do not cancel before it expires you'll be locked into the six-month commitment.

Expect tons of video tutorials on WWE TV over the next few weeks showing fans how to get the Network on Roku devices, gaming consoles, etc. It'll take the place of Michael Cole explaining how to download the WWE app.

Regarding the Raw post-show, which will be 30 minutes long (if you include the 30 minute post-show, Raw is now a four-hour commitment if you want to see everything), because the show ends late and they have to get the dark match in and out and start tearing down, there won't be a ton of Raw in-ring cliffhangers that will bleed into the post-show on the Network. It'll happen here and there most likely, but largely the post-show will be backstage stuff.

There was talk this week of using Hulk Hogan as a GM with the company not rushing to bring in Sting.

The announcement of Paul Bearer going into the Hall of Fame is likely coming this Monday, which also may tie into the return of Undertaker to set up his match at WrestleMania. It does appear Taker will likely induct him, which would be his first-ever Hall of Fame speech.

There will also likely be a title change on Monday's show.

Scott Hall may go into the Hall of Fame this year. He's been under consideration. If he goes in this year the feeling is that Nash is a lock for next year. It's also expected that Rock is going in next year as well.

The word is that WWE "wants to take over the podcast world". They debuted their new show hosted by Renee Young a couple of weeks back. We've heard good reviews. It was, however, beaten out this week in the iTunes charts by, yes, Jim Ross' podcast.

There will be tons of live programming on the Network the week of WrestleMania. The idea is that New Orleans is a big party town and the company doesn't want any embarrassing experiences, so they'll keep talent as busy as possible. Vince McMahon told (read: threatened) some of the talent with the promise that he WOULD NOT SLEEP AT ALL DURING WRESTLEMANIA WEEK.

Foffy

Banned
You're on phones all day, randomly calling people who are past due on loans as early as 30 days (which I think got moved back to 90). The majority of people who aren't paying on their loans isn't because they are dead beats or don't want to pay. It's because they can't get a job and have kids/other bills. Then you call their parents. Then you call their grandparents. Then siblings. Then friends if you have their number. And you hound them every day. And it is non stop. All day. Non stop. You do get incoming calls, asking to make payments or more often the relatives who want the calls to stop. But they don't. They just get shuffled for a few weeks.

A lot of people simply can't pay, even when they have jobs, because the interest rates are (or were, I worked there in 2007-2009 and I know laws have changed since then) ridiculous and the base payments were usually pretty high. For those people, they can't get the kind of deferments where interest doesn't accrue. Those people get the kind that will add a year's worth of interest to the back end of the loan. I absolutely had people where I added $100K to their loans that were already too big for them to pay. So the first few months, you make a lot of money, and then you realize that you're ruining lives, bothering people every day, all so this company can dick more people over on loans.

The job itself sucks, but then you get into management. The Office and Office Space are scarily accurate. I had 5 direct bosses. At a call center. And none of them knew anything about the job. They all lucked into promotions for starting early when that particular center opened. They all played favorites, would dick you over on bonuses, pit people against each other to cause conflict thinking it would produce better numbers. They want you to hit your numbers and make a lot of money, until you make too much money and then they try to find ways to limit you.

It's just fucking gross. The whole culture of the place. They rock that shit like 80s yuppies. For a fucking call center on student loans.

Sounds like you were in the culture all about money, and you saw firsthand the depravity it offers. Props on you for getting the fuck out of it and realizing money isn't everything. I'm sure you saw people there that do not realize that.

What if he couldnt reach him?

Vince is extremely Busy around this time

in fact the entire family are all insanely nervous due to XXX Mania and WWE Network

Ziggler needed to talk and nobody was around.

He was sitting home from a concussion, recovering, not allowed to compete, and livetweeted Raws making fun of the product (granted, he could have been on meds and not fully aware that he was making fun of his employers' product while it happened). He's not entirely blameless here.

Carnby

Only the "best of raw and smack down" will be on the network? I am definitely not subscribing now.

Fuck WWE for this 180.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom