• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aksana and Eva marie deserve more time.

Aksana is trying to injure everyone so she gets more tv time by default
YtoVbCw.gif

Gorillaz

I remember seeing Natasha on TD talking about getting jealous of the other younger divas possibly taking her man. Went on for like a good 10 mins.

smh...at least she's getting air time

Ultratech

Have you ever watched Total Divas? Cameron is such a mean and crazy woman.

Pretty much.

You can't even dispute this either. It's a fact.

She's goddamn crazy.

The only real interesting parts of Total Divas are seeing how stupid some of these people on TV are and to a lesser degree, having Cena be pretty much the main antagonist of the show.

It is pretty funny seeing Cena be OCD about silly stuff.

ibbOhJl13Xw8Tp.gif

My first ever gif. Look ok?

Sick gif!

On this note I can't wait to get my review ready I think I watched WM21 sometime last year but I am so down to watch the sweet Undertaker/Orton match where the Deadman couldn't even put over a LEGEND KILLER gimmick for their young up and comer and totally rip all over the awful "Hollywood" reenactments they spliced into it

I stopped watching for a while before this WM so I apologize in advance for missing the context of anything going on I'll probably watch a few of the shows before it to get my bearings

Wait, isn't Fully Loaded 1999 actually a hidden gem type of PPV?

Jeff Jarrett vs. Edge (c) for the Intercontinental Title
The Acolytes vs. The Hardy Boys (c) & Michael Hayes in a Acolyte Rules Handicap match for the Tag Team Titles
D'Lo Brown vs. Mideon (c) for the European Title
The Big Bossman vs. Al Snow for the Hardcore Title
The Big Show vs. Kane with Hardcore Holly as the referee
Steve Blackman vs. Ken Shamrock in an Iron Circle match
Billy Gunn & Chyna vs. The Road Dogg & X-Pac for the rights to DX
Triple H vs. The Rock in a Strap Match
The Undertaker vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (c) in a First Blood match for the WWF Title

DiscoJon

Banned
Jeff Jarrett vs. Edge (c) for the Intercontinental Title
The Acolytes vs. The Hardy Boys (c) & Michael Hayes in a Acolyte Rules Handicap match for the Tag Team Titles
D'Lo Brown vs. Mideon (c) for the European Title
The Big Bossman vs. Al Snow for the Hardcore Title
The Big Show vs. Kane with Hardcore Holly as the referee
Steve Blackman vs. Ken Shamrock in an Iron Circle match
Billy Gunn & Chyna vs. The Road Dogg & X-Pac for the rights to DX
Triple H vs. The Rock in a Strap Match
The Undertaker vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (c) in a First Blood match for the WWF Title
jerichoc5lg6.gif

1999 WWF PPV is interesting because Debra randomly decided to wear nothing but lingerie at ringside on PPVs. Also, Chyna just outright wrestling in thongs.

Edgeward

I enjoyed Dutch revealing he called an audible and slapped Jack because Jack wasnt wrestling with enough meanness

I could listen to Dutch babble for hours. Might have to hunt for a cheap copy of his book

strobogo

Banned
I enjoyed Dutch revealing he called an audible and slapped Jack because Jack wasnt wrestling with enough meanness

I could listen to Dutch babble for hours. Might have to hunt for a cheap copy of his book

Yeah, Dutch's interview was great. It's really ridiculous that WWE isn't using him or Paul Heyman with creative. There aren't a lot of guys that get wrestling more than those two. I'm not sure there are any two guys they have that get it more than them. I'd kill for a Dusty/Heyman/Dutch booked WWE.

Edgeward

Another tidbit from Dutch I enjoyed was the fact that he never booked anything until just before showtime. The way he would bookings just based on feel and being committed to that storyline makes me yearn for him as a booker. Hack it makes me yearn just for WWE to even have a booker instead of stupid Hollywood creative writers

Shows how him and Heyman value the audience's reaction instead of WWE way of forcing their shit onto us

strobogo

Banned
Dutch is legit as fuck at everything. I bet even as a dude who has trouble walking, he could still work a a better match than the majority of the WWE roster. Seeing him in his prime was probably my favorite thing of the Memphis stuff.

MG310

My favorite thing about Aksana is that almost none of the other girls have any idea what to do when she crawls around them on the mat and then kicks them.

Pavaloo

Yo, y'all talkin' total divas?

Said it before and I'll say it again: one of the best thing wwe has done in years

Divas not involved obviously respect their privacy, but they're missing huge opportunities. Reasons why total divas get a shit ton of TV time: they have their own show for backstage segments and character development.

Camron be crazy and Jay Uso is charming

Also, poor Dallas, no buyers from the Shark Tank! Who cares about infomercials? DDP Yoga did so well because we are in the age of the internet and youtube! BLEH

on topic of the stone cold cast i really can't wait to hear the rest of his interviews from raw. particularly interested to see how he interacts with ambrose lol

Anth0ny

Benoit vs Rock, Jericho vs HHH last man standing, Val vs Rikishi cage match, Saturn vs Eddie sounds like a good card to me. And Taker vs Angle.

Yup, legit amazing from top to bottom. One of the only shows where I could say that.

Val/Rikishi cage match was far better than you could ever expect.

Benoit/Rock and Jericho/HHH are also incredible matches, as you'd probably expect, but what makes it even more amazing is that Benoit and Jericho were legit mid carders at the time, and kinda got programs/matches with the top two guys in the company out of nowhere. As amazing as this PPV was, I don't think the buyrate was great, because Jericho and Benoit were back in the midcard after that show, and the main event was "back to normal" with HHH/Rock/Angle stuff.

Recall

Backlash 2000 is one of the most incredible shows. Makenko vs Scotty too Hotty is fantastic. We need a gif of the top rope DDT.

strobogo

Banned
IWC was pissed at the time because Angle, Jericho, and Benoit all lost.

IWC is weird. IWC got pissed that Cena didn't job clean to Cesaro without realizing the good that that match did for Cesaro.

Sin Cara may or may not have debuted at tonight's AAA show. It was kinda weird apparently

Sin Cara mask is a curse. Hunico has looked really bad since taking over the gimmick when he was awesome without the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom