• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Rows 1 & 2 appear to already be sold out for the May ROH/NJPW show at Ted Reeve in Toronto.
Shame, I would have entertained ringside seats.

With Rows 1 and 2 gone, I doubt they will have more, but Row 1 was gone when I went for my Best In The World ticket and I just kept checking and eventually got one.

I have always been ringside at every indie wrestling show I have been to.

UberTag

With Rows 1 and 2 gone, I doubt they will have more, but Row 1 was gone when I went for my Best In The World ticket and I just kept checking and eventually got one.

I have always been ringside at every indie wrestling show I have been to.
So what you're saying is that I should keep trying for Row 1 instead of settling for grabbing tickets in Row 3?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Lol, you're probably right. It would be amazing if he was a closet west coast rap fan.

10awkward_danasnoop_original.gif

Dana reps the west coast, Vince reps east

strobogo

Banned
I've really come to hate Dana and everything about him over the past 2-3 years. He's a creep, he's shady as fuck, he's a dork, he's a poser, and he's a fucking unprofessional asshole. Worse than Vince.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I've really come to hate Dana and everything about him over the past 2-3 years. He's a creep, he's shady as fuck, he's a dork, he's a poser, and he's a fucking unprofessional asshole. Worse than Vince.

A promoter having those qualities????
Like how he sold 2 cans, one of which was a barista last week, and had 2 main events go a total of 120 seconds?

It's annoying being in a situation where I want to throw money Vince's way but he doesn't want my Great British Pounds

Also I was in the rumble and never Peckified I just never got around to it, as penance I will wear any avatar you see fit for whatever period of time deemed necessary.

Don't future endeavour me wrastle Gaf

dream

--Steve Austin and C.M. Punk were both at the UFC show last night. Austin was in the front row and introduced to the crowd, and got the biggest pop of any celebrity. Punk was also in the front row, next to Dana White, which means White must consider him a big deal. He was not introduced, which I would guess would have been because he wouldn't have wanted to be.

At least Dana recognizes talent though. I wonder which weight class Punk will fight at.

strobogo

Banned
A promoter having those qualities????

Most promoters embrace them. Dana pretends that he's "real" and publicly shits on his talent and brings up personal shit on them because he's an asshole like that. You don't see Vince saying people suck and deserve to get fired at conference calls. You don't see him doing public beefs with his talent. The way Dana talks about and to his talent is so distasteful.

dream

Most promoters embrace them. Dana pretends that he's "real" and publicly shits on his talent and brings up personal shit on them because he's an asshole like that. You don't see Vince saying people suck and deserve to get fired at conference calls. You don't see him doing public beefs with his talent. The way Dana talks about and to his talent is so distasteful.

True, but that's just Dana being a hothead, which is all fun and games and ultimately nobody gets hurt. Vince, on the other hand, trafficked drugs and raped a woman in a limo, and
11qwPR4.gif

Dixie Carter just announced that Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are the new TNA World Tag Team Champions. They just now defeated The BroMans at a live event in Morgantown, WV.

BhMgx3YIUAAQ_u4.jpg:large

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Truths deranged heel run a couple of years ago was superb

Then Vince laughed because of Little Jimmy and then made him face and wasted again

Funny you mention that. I was just watching this
R-Truth/John Cena Capitol Punishment Promo

For a match I didn't care about, this promo build is awesome. It's got two personalities that clash really well, and Truth was doing his best work on the mic at that time. Too bad neither could put on much of a match.

Man those ROH x NJPW shows could be something. They will record or stream those right?

They'll certainly be recorded for VOD - it would be awesome if ROH could sort out their streaming tech for these shows, but who knows. Perhaps New Japan could give them a hand in that regards.

nByZRd4.jpg

TNA: signs the Wolves, makes them look like idiots in their debut, has them wrestle once in their first month, then has them win the belts at an un-televised house show

UberTag

Young Bucks, Karl Anderson and The Forever Hooligans just confirmed to be making the ROH/NJPW tour courtesy of Bryan Alvarez.
Just announced on Wrestling Observer Live.

I splurged on some $50 seats for the Ted Reeve Arena show.

somedevil

Dixie Carter just announced that Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are the new TNA World Tag Team Champions. They just now defeated The BroMans at a live event in Morgantown, WV.

BhMgx3YIUAAQ_u4.jpg:large

They won because Muta looked at the Bromans and said no way and wanted the wolves at wrestle-1.

Hope Davey doesn't burn this bridge.

edit: So no Devitt then? Does this mean he hasn't signed yet with New Japan or he like he says in an interview that he doesn't do State runs for 1 or 2 indy shows?

Vylash

TNA wanted to have The Wolves win the tag titles in their debut, but changed their minds since they wanted to push The Bro Mans, so they...had Joe beat them and Zema at the same time and took the titles off of them at a live event?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
True, but that's just Dana being a hothead, which is all fun and games and ultimately nobody gets hurt. Vince, on the other hand, trafficked drugs and raped a woman in a limo, and

Don't forget the murder he covered up too. I'm sure Jimmy Snuka and his equally untalented daughter don't forget it.

somedevil

TNA wanted to have The Wolves win the tag titles in their debut, but changed their minds since they wanted to push The Bro Mans, so they...had Joe beat them and Zema at the same time and took the titles off of them at a live event?

They most likely did it because in March they have the Wrestle-1 show in Japan and the wolves and Bad Influence were advertised and not the Bro mans.

So I bet Muta said no to the Bro mans so they did this title change for the show.

UberTag

TNA is such a joke. Real shame that the American Wolves are wasting their time with them. They'll be back in ROH before the year is out.

Kaladin

I would also wager that TNA wanted to get people talking going into tonight's WWE PPV.

A lot of wrestling companies make announcements on PPV Sundays, or as Raw is going on the air, doesn't surprise me that TNA did a title change at a house show on the night of a PPV.

strobogo

Banned
lol at the idea that people are going to give a shit about a house show title change on a WWE PPV night that has Bryan and Cesaro in the main event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright time to get ready for this last gasp before the Network.

BATISTA GOING OVER BROTHERS

dream

Don't forget the murder he covered up too. I'm sure Jimmy Snuka and his equally untalented daughter don't forget it.

Right, how could I forget about that. And Vince covering up for Terry Garvin's and Pat Patterson's propensities for giving blowies to young boys.

Dana may be douchey, but Vince is absolute vile, criminal scum.

is all this true?

Their first appearance on TNA had the owner of the company making fun of them for almost the entire minute they were on camera.
They wrestled twice I think on the UK tour which was 6 weeks of Impact tapings I believe, but their first match didn't air until week 3 or 4 of them having been there (in said match, one of them didn't even wrestle for 2 whole minutes).
And they just won the belts. At a house show. In a match where they beat some guy from Big Brother, and their Zack Ryder look-alike, who previously held the belts for months. And the only mention of this was that photo, and Dixie's tweet; no TV publicity or anything. If you don't use Twitter or a few forums where this image has circulated, you'd never know about this until the first non-UK taping airs.

loltna

Young Bucks, Karl Anderson and The Forever Hooligans just confirmed to be making the ROH/NJPW tour courtesy of Bryan Alvarez.
Just announced on Wrestling Observer Live.

I splurged on some $50 seats for the Ted Reeve Arena show.

Which row are you in? I got row 3 for the event, but I'm not sure how good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom