• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I always thought Ziggler was a guy who suffered a lot when they scripted every piece if a promo. They should let him be him. This should be his promo. It's good so they should use it.
90% of the roster could probably have a great heartfelt promo about how they've been held down.

UberTag

That Ziggles promo was legendary. Shame it won't air where people will actually see it.
Got to pad RAW with that divas mixed tag that will inevitably end in a roll-up instead.

<shakes his head in dismay>

Fuck this company.

KissVibes

Banned
DEAN AMBROSE IS A MEMBER OF THE CHRISTIAN COALITION!

[Voice rises enthusiastically] Christian is just so unbelievably good. I mean, I always knew Christian was really good. Working with Christian, he's been here for so long and has so much experience, you realize his brain is a super-evolved version of my brain [with] the way he sees matches play out, the way he comes up with things, especially in tag matches and stuff like that. Christian's a guy who I've only had a small sampling of working with. Christian's a guy I want to spend a lot more time in the ring with.

http://theclassical.org/articles/bad-seed-rising-talking-feuds-the-shield-and-nope-with-dean-ambrose

UberTag

This excerpt from the Observer newsletter amuses me...

The company was initially disappointed at the reaction that Batista got for his return, but then the ratings came back sky-high and they decided, well, clearly it wasn't Batista. It must be DAYTON. So the belief is that Dayton must not be a hot town and the feeling is they're out of the running for a PPV anytime soon.
Looks like Dayton, Ohio just got Toronto'd.

Pavaloo

The WWE made Flair give Miz the rub, right? Couldn't have been Flair himself....yeah??

I think they gave it to Miz with the reasoning being Miz needed a face rub, but Dolph is capable of getting his own.

Now that Billy Gunn is wrestling again though, they would be fools to not even try to storyline them together. FameAsser Wars

edit: from the talks that were happening at the time too Dolph was set to get the super kick, turn face, and run wild (according to Big Show specifically). I wonder what he did to piss all of that and the figure four off.

strobogo

Banned
This excerpt from the Observer newsletter amuses me...

Looks like Dayton, Ohio just got Toronto'd.

They should just start doing all artificial audio for live shows if they get mad when they don't get the reactions they wanted. They do it all the time for shows other than Raw. They need a little more practice with it and they'll never have to worry about crowd reactions again.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yet Bryan got a huge reaction in Dayton. Bigger than Batista's actually.
No one gives a shit about chants. When Bryan was main eventing, ratings were down, Batista comes back, and ratings go up.

Don't give me that shit about how it's Mania season, and that Bryan had to go up against MNF, and that Cena was also hurt, blah blah blah. No one wants to hear logic.

Recall

My biggest gripe with WWE since about 2004 is that everyone, everyone has held the world title. They no longer book wrestlers and slowly build them up they slap the world title on them and hope the fans begin to react differently.

They made the World titles seem parallel to the European title in importance.

There is nothing wrong with having an expectional mid card where they fight over the IC belt and not the world title. Stop rushing everything.

Sokantish

No one gives a shit about chants. When Bryan was main eventing, ratings were down, Batista comes back, and ratings go up.

Don't give me that shit about how it's Mania season, and that Bryan had to go up against MNF, and that Cena was also hurt, blah blah blah. No one wants to hear logic.

Kane would get higher ratings than both of them combined

strobogo

Banned
My biggest gripe with WWE since about 2004 is that everyone, everyone has held the world title. They no longer book wrestlers and slowly build them up they slap the world title on them and hope the fans begin to react differently.

They made the World titles seem parallel to the European title in importance.

There is nothing wrong with having an expectional mid card where they fight over the IC belt and not the world title. Stop rushing everything.

That's not really true. It seems like that, but it was usually the same 3-5 people trading the belts back and forth for the last decade.

somedevil

Then your logic is faulty as well then because the raw after the royal rumble scored the lowest rating and averaged the fewest viewers for a post-Rumble Raw over the past eight years.

The people who saw him come back didn't show up the next week after he won. So fault is that?

strobogo

Banned
Then your logic is faulty as well then because the raw after the royal rumble scored the lowest rating and averaged the fewest viewers for a post-Rumble Raw over the past eight years.

The people who saw him come back didn't show up the next week after he won. So fault is that?

Daniel Bryan. Duh. Scared all those people off who came back for Bateaster.

Showaddy

Why did they book brock in the same segemnt as batista if they wanted a good reaction? he was the least important person in that segment.

Because they weren't going to get a good reaction reaction with 3 guys who got boo'd out of the PPV. They threw Brock & Heyman in to try and save it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Batista wasn't in the opening promo. Bryan was. People saw that shit, turned off, and never came back.

There, now what?

KissVibes

Banned
RYDER ALERT

BfXSWgFIYAAhL7P.jpg

90% of the roster could probably have a great heartfelt promo about how they've been held down.
I don't disagree with that but I also wouldn't agree with all of them. Ziggles is a guy I feel matches what he's saying here. Other than normal promos I feel he does everything at very high levels.

UberTag

how in the name of fuck is this not on TV

HOW
If this was put on TV then Dolph would get himself more over than those in the back want.
And that's a no-no. He'd have to be punished then.

Just imagine what kind of product we would get if wrestlers put that level of energy in commitment into promos cut against each other in feuds that actually progressed and developed and built towards title matches and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom