• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
He should be riding around ringside in his electric wheel chair yelling SAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT all during Cass' matches while he's hurt.

I'd kill for more Enzo. I love that man.

I think Big Cas has really stood out in the last few weeks too, man knows how to work a crowd. I think the WWE could really do with Zayn, Enzo, and Cass due to their lack of likeable faces. Then again when they're called up they'll probably just be turned into sarcastic dicks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminder:

o8q3bjI.gif

Ugh Aiden English bores me to death that singing shtick works in small places. But once he gets to bigger arenas he's going to get WHAT'ed to death and I will laugh

Showaddy

Neville's a much better all round ring worker than Kofi but yeah his mic & promo skills have come along painfully slowly. Doesn't help that his name, look & entrance are all boring as well. Amazing ring skills though.

Kalisto will be a big hit on the main roster as well. He's the next Rey replacement but unlike Sin Cara he can work well without botching, speak English and isn't an all round dickbag outside the ring.

I don't think Neville's ever going to improve on the mic. They really need to hook him up with a manager but I'm not sure where you'd go with that given Heyman and Zeb are the only options.

mouserat

Neo Member
Ugh Aiden English bores me to death that singing shtick works in small places. But once he gets to bigger arenas he's going to get WHAT'ed to death and I will laugh

I fast forward him. everyone seems to love him, I can't stomach the dude though. he can't sing, the pitch of his voice is excruciating, the lyrics to his little songs are cringeworthy and the gimmick doesn't actually make any sense - what kind of singer is he supposed to be? it's not opera, and if it is why is he wearing that stupid backwards beret and small sunglasses like he's Samuel L. Jackson and it's 1997?? he can wrestle but he'll never get over outside of NXT smark crowds.

gurudyne

Please stro, Enzo belongs at the top of that list.

I think managers are on their way back in. We got Zeb in the past year and on NXT there's Sylvester LeFort and Lana (since she seems to be directing Rusev, I'm ranking her as more than a valet). Admittedly the latter two aren't strong contenders, but they show that someone could wind up in Neville's corner before long, which would be a good thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maria has the best real breasts I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of them.
The greatest wrestler of all times (
after Owen Hart
)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdXJJo8qOdY

I love Pillman as a personality. In the 90s, him, Austin and Owen are perfection and the best part of WWF for me, but I just never found him that exciting as a singles performer, the few that he had. It was like he was early Owen Hart before Owen learned how to heel it up properly. Course, Pillman as the loose cannon never got to wrestle much like he did as Flyin Brian.

strobogo

Banned
Byron Saxton is so bad at commentary. I don't know why they can't pick a role for him. Some weeks he's a neutral ring announcer. Some weeks he's a face interviewers. Other weeks he's a dickhead heel commentator. For a guy who is responsible for a lot of the good character and creative work in NXT, dude is terrible at getting characters and stories across on commentary.

Big Cass is legit entertaining and good. He's huge and funny without it feeling totally goofy. Unlike a giant dressing in wigs and diapers.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't think it's about money at all. Punk doesn't spend alot of his money, he has a touring bus and that's about it. He probably got an amazing deal three years ago and has been selling tons of merchandising since (and because he does, he gets a bigger payoff for his merchandising too). He doesn't buy expensive cars, he doesn't party all day and night and he's not supporting a drug addiction or paying off four ex-wives. Hell, if money was an issue he definitely wouldn't have walked off in the highest paying period of the year, he would've left afterwards.

His issues are that he's burned out, beaten up and that he feels the creative team is not utilizing him properly, which is a valid complaint because he's been directionless since his feud with Heyman ended (and they continued that feud a good 2 or 3 months beyond it's natural end too).
Most reports are stating that this was about money. I'm sure all that you're saying is true, but the money was good enough that he could overlook all of that. Now that PPV bonuses may be dwindling, not anymore. I hate to say it, but let's not be marks. This is a money issue. No one is throwing away good money over storylines. His issue wasn't facing HHH, it was not facing HHH in the main event.

Alucard

Banned
Hey guys,

I got a chance to do an email interview with TJ Perkins aka Manik. He talked about his TNA contract, working with Hogan, the X Division, and more. Check it out:

Manik-shirt.jpg

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/an-interview-with-tj-perkins-the-man-behind-the-manik

If you're wondering why he's been off television since October 2013, here's his response:

"I’m still under contract for the rest of the year and have an option for another year until the fall of 2015. I’ve just had time off, not for any reason in particular. Just a big paid vacation. The timing was nice because of the holidays, and also I sprained my ankle really bad in my Xplosion match with Chris Sabin."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys,

I got a chance to do an email interview with TJ Perkins aka Manik. He talked about his TNA contract, working with Hogan, the X Division, and more. Check it out:

Manik-shirt.jpg

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/an-interview-with-tj-perkins-the-man-behind-the-manik

If you're wondering why he's been off television since October 2013, here's his response:

"I’m still under contract for the rest of the year and have an option for another year until the fall of 2015. I’ve just had time off, not for any reason in particular. Just a big paid vacation. The timing was nice because of the holidays, and also I sprained my ankle really bad in my Xplosion match with Chris Sabin."

Huh, interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

Alucard

Banned
Watched NJPW Road to the New Beginning tonight. It was...okay. Nothing but tags, and I didn't quite get the stories of almost any of the matches, but the guys who immediately made an impression on me were Alex Shelley and KUSHIDA. Those guys are a tag TEAM. Goddamn.

Big Cass is legit entertaining and good. He's huge and funny without it feeling totally goofy. Unlike a giant dressing in wigs and diapers.

I think Cass's segment with Enzo went to showed how good they both are. Cass hits a great serious promo (featuring connect 4 twice) and Enzo followed up with perfect comedic timing.

Pizoxuat

We watch wrestling at least once a week and only watch football twice a year, so when my daughter asked when the Seahawks were going to start powerbombing the Broncos it probably shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did.

Pizoxuat

Her fixation on powerbombs actually comes from a match I was watching on youtube with Brodie Lee. She still likes him as Luke. Her favorite WWE wrestlers are Kane and Daniel Bryan.

Edit: Well, and CM Punk. She was using CM Punk figures to ward off nightmares a few weeks ago. That'll be awkward when she starts asking where he is.

strobogo

Banned
Her fixation on powerbombs actually comes from a match I was watching on youtube with Brodie Lee. She still likes him as Luke. Her favorite WWE wrestlers are Kane and Daniel Bryan.

Your daughter is a loser. Deserves to be buried.

facebook_486856240jpg.png

That tweet can't be legit.

Pizoxuat

Oh yeah, she did tell me not to boo Batista during the Royal Rumble though. She'd decided that if someone we were cheering for got eliminated, we were then required to cheer for the next person to come out, and we were not allowed to break the rules even if the audience was pooping all over him.

gurudyne

She was using CM Punk figures to ward off nightmares a few weeks ago.

Oh yeah, she did tell me not to boo Batista during the Royal Rumble though. She'd decided that if someone we were cheering for got eliminated, we were then required to cheer for the next person to come out, and we were not allowed to break the rules even if the audience was pooping all over him.

That is so damned adorable.

strobogo

Banned
You should continue to raise her on Bateaster so she won't be disappointed when she grows up as a fan and doesn't get what she wants.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: Well, and CM Punk. She was using CM Punk figures to ward off nightmares a few weeks ago. That'll be awkward when she starts asking where he is.

Did you tell her he's not effective, and only does maybe a 70% amount of effort?

strobogo

Banned
that Enzo guy looks like a comedy gimmick. should be a good replacement for Santino.

He is a comedy gimmick. And excellent at it. An Enzo/Santino feud would be money.

Why does Miz come to NXT (to ruin it), but also do his back stage promo like he's reacting to people chanting for him? Dude got punked out by CJ Parker and didn't even do anything about it. What a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom