• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty excited about this;

iqkx9cuor2tFa.jpg

Tommy's amazing, big fan of his work, and Ligero's won me over with his performances in PROGRESS so far. His series against Noam Dar has been one of the highlights of the promotion and it'll be interesting to see how Ligero works with Tommy, as this is a first time ever match-up.

Of course that's the top of the page.

Pffft, 50 posts per page is for chumps :p

Aiii

So not worth it
Great DOA.

This is the absolute 100% wrong way to go. Make a guy GM of a company he has never had anything to do with. Sure makes sense in the modern business world..

It's Sting, a veteran of the Pro-Wrestling business, that makes perfect sense.

What, MS can only hire a new CEO from within MS?

krae_man

Daniel Bryan burial continues?

Key Arena responded to online reports that the Seattle venue would play host to the WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view event on May 4. "Unfortunately, we do not have WWE on May 4th," reads a response to a fan question. "We are aware of the rumors that have been circulating. We love having WWE and WWE Fans in our building and can't wait to have them back."

It looks like the post has been deleted(At least I can't find it). It could just be an extremely poorly worded "we can't confirm or deny any show that hasn't been officially announced"

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Great DOA.

This is the absolute 100% wrong way to go. Make a guy GM of a company he has never had anything to do with. Sure makes sense in the modern business world..

This is the company where bosses and employees hit each other and contract disputes and ownership of the company were settled with wrestling. The logic makes 100% sense in the wrassleverse!

Sting was a boring wrestler in his prime, now he's working at half speed and braining himself on chairs. Also he couldn't promo his way out of a paper bag. If that rumour proves true (it won't) I would give up on Raw during the Sting era for realsies.

Kaladin

There is an Elite Audio interview with Mike Quackenbush on Pwinsider if anyone cares to transcribe it, or give us the gist of it. I won't be able to listen for another couple of hours.

strobogo

Banned
WrassleGAF SCOOPS exclusive gist of Mike Quackenbush interview:

I'm a mark ass mark who is a super mark for myself. I'm such a mark for myself that I'm a Quark. Pay me to train you to be skinny and do bad lucha while wearing a mask you have to constantly adjust. Also, you have to pay me for the mask. Also, you have to pay me if you work anywhere else. Also, you have to tell me I'm the greatest indie star every day or else I'll charge you extra. Because I'm a mark ass mark.

Slizeezyc

Yeah sure thing pal.

PPV streams aren't on MLB infrastructure, I've used MLB extensively though for years and it's fine. The only place that may have an issue is the signup on their site, since I don't know if that's being handled via MLB's pipe or not, and they're not letting you pre-register.

MLB Advanced Media has dealt with TONS of streams far larger than WWE's, so I'm comfortable, you negative nancy.

I've also used MLB.tv and its associated Gameday apps for years, and while it's usually good, there is inevitably a huge blow up around the start of each season. During the year Gameday will also fail for periods of time. MLB AM is definitely the best around, but I'm still betting on some early hiccups.

WrassleGAF SCOOPS exclusive gist of Mike Quackenbush interview:

I'm a mark ass mark who is a super mark for myself. I'm such a mark for myself that I'm a Quark. Pay me to train you to be skinny and do bad lucha while wearing a mask you have to constantly adjust. Also, you have to pay me for the mask. Also, you have to pay me if you work anywhere else. Also, you have to tell me I'm the greatest indie star every day or else I'll charge you extra. Because I'm a mark ass mark.

You forgot; don't break kayfabe, or you are dead to me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've also used MLB.tv and its associated Gameday apps for years, and while it's usually good, there is inevitably a huge blow up around the start of each season. During the year Gameday will also fail for periods of time. MLB AM is definitely the best around, but I'm still betting on some early hiccups.

Huh, really - I've never had anything at all, but to be fair I really couldn't watch THAT much MLB content. It was ridiculous.

RAW. RAW never changes.

Since the dawn of WrassleGAF when our ancestors first discovered the Mega Powers and Rock and Sock, blood has been spilled in the name of everything (until the PG era began) from Cena to Bryan to ***** ******...

In the year 2014, after 10 years conflict, this self destruction could contain itself no longer. The forum was plunged into an abyss of hell, fire and brimstone.

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the WWE. Instead, the late rewrite was simply the prologue to another samey chapter of Monday night history. For Vince had succeeded in destroying his creation - but RAW, RAW never changes.

In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of Chris Masters by taking refuge in UFC threads, known as The Badlands. But when they emerged, they had only loud chants to greet them - all except those in My Little Pony OT. For on that fateful day, when Midnight WrassleGAF ran wild, the giant ModBot locked the forum closed... and it never reopened. It was here you were born. It is here you will die.

Because, in WrasleGAF: some may enter, but no one ever leaves.

UberTag

RAW doesn't even deserve to be talked about in THIS thread.
Let alone bothering the good folks of the OT forum with it.

Batigol

Banned
Is HHH going to be one of those guys who never officially retires and has yearly matches?

I want him to go away forever :(

UberTag

Is HHH going to be one of those guys who never officially retires and has yearly matches?

I want him to go away forever :(
One thing at a time, Batigol. We need Vince to go away forever first.
THEN Triple H.
And once he leaves in the year 2040, we'll be begging for his offspring to go away forever.

People are dying for answers they might or might not get. Those that care will watch.
I beg to differ. Those that DO care will NOT watch because the act of watching fosters the very complacency and stagnant/stale booking they wish would go away.

strobogo

Banned
I'm probably going to be asleep by then. I'm already tired as fuck. If I can make it to Raw, I'm sure the opening HHH/Orton promo would lull me to dream land.

I'd like to think that the Magical Rhodes Brothers could carry that match, but without tag breaks then Age in the Cage is just going to look gassed the whole time.

Mr. Sam

I don't care if they're confined to wheelchairs, the New Age Outlaws still have the best entrance in wrestling.

OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW!?

Edit: And Old Age Outlaws is a much better name than Mid Life Crisis Outlaws for fuck's sake.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care if they're confined to wheelchairs, the New Age Outlaws still have the best entrance in wrestling.

OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW!?

Oh...I didn't care. :(

I hate knowing I'll see those cunts tonight.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The people who don't understand why Punk is upset despite getting to hold the belt for 400+ days, and facing Taker and Rock....

It's not that he doesn't respect the Rock or Taker, or appreciate holding the title. But the only reason he held the title for so long is because the rock was adamant that the person he beat for the title be CM Punk, and Vince respected the Rock's wishes.

And for all but I think 3 or 4 of the 17ish PPVs that took place while Punk was champion, Punk was not in the main event. IIRC, 2 of the ones where he got the main event spot had Cena in the match as well.

And the only thing his title reign was used for in the end was to build up Rock vs. Cena. You don't waste a lengthy title reign like that on building up a feud or a wrestler (or a part timer!) that doesn't need any building.

Even when he's told he's the man and given the belt, he's held back. Even when given the opportunity to hold the title 400 days, he takes a back seat to Kane telling John Cena to Embrace the Hate.

It's insulting.

21 months after Punk aired his grievances on RAW and said that "The fact that Dwayne is going to headline Wrestlemania [XXVIII] next year and I'm not makes me sick," Punk was dropping the belt to Dwayne so that Dwayne and Cena could go on and headline Wrestlemania XXIX.... just like XXVIII.

Rewatch his promo, and listen to his grievances. Everything he said has come true. And the sad thing is, Vince seeme to bring every single thing and person he brought up into the main storylines... most often with Cena. Heyman and the notion of "Paul Heyman guys," Brock, Laurenitis, Steph/HHH, Rock/Cena.... it's been a damn checklist for the last 30 months of main event angles they've used.

He was constantly the highlight of shows in a sea of mediocrity in terms of promos and matches, and he had no issues hanging with the best promo workers and keeping his composure during it all, and he clearly outshone Grisham, Cole, Lawler, and everyone else in the company on commentary while he was injured, and he knew it, and everyone else knew it, yet he never got that 100% corporate backing, never got his time to shine.

Oh sure, he had a few big angles here and there, he even got a title reign or two.... which was completely buried because he dared ask why management demanded that one champion (That being Punk, champion on Smackdown) be more presentable in public while the other world champion gets to walk around in jorts and baseball caps (Cena, who was champion on RAW).

All the bullshit and ego stroking and hard work and adoration and the hottest promo since Austin 3:16 and they still just. Didn't. Care.

Pavaloo

they're showing the youngins how it's done

edit: the rock events were already set in stone at that point I don't think he was mad about that. and lol "title reign or two" it's literally one of the longest reigns of all time.

Xater

OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW!?

Who is that always repeats that on commentary? JBL or Lawler? I have ears you idiots! You don#t have to fill your shitty commentary with catchphrases from the talent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who is that always repeats that on commentary? JBL or Lawler? I have ears you idiots! You don#t have to fill your shitty commentary with catchphrases from the talent.

YOU DIDNT KNOW MAGGLE

MAGGLE DID YOU KNOW

Mr. Sam

The worst is when JBL marks his pants off for the Usos. The crowd are doing it, John. The crowd are doing it. Calm down.

Yes he is. (Punk in the signature)

I wonder if the WWE Network are going to offer alternate audio tracks for programming like "no commentary". I'd probably start watching on Tuesdays if given that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom