• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This picture faded faster than Marty McFlys did

tumblr_lx5syqYQOX1qzvw5po1_500.jpg
Is Evan Bourne even still signed?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If Punk walked out Monday night, why did it break Wednesday morning.....

put the pieces together

Re: Netflix
also a lot of WWE stuff on Netflix is being taken off because of the WWE Network. WWE Network will have all their video docs on there eventually. A Few months ago, it was a ton, but now when 1 is added, another is taken off. Probably some contract stuff, but don't expect much more than what's streaming now.

G-Fex

unless CM Punk leaving magically undoes some sort of curse or spell, Ryback has no right to talk about wrestling moves when he still doesn't know how the fuck to wrestle.

mouserat

Neo Member
if this CM Punk thing is a work then it's the greatest work that has ever been performed. really though, it's not a work is it? it's real, has it come to this that we're so determined not to be 'marks' that we just assume everything is kayfabe and shit on it?

jmdajr

if this CM Punk thing is a work then it's the greatest work that has ever been performed. really though, it's not a work is it? it's real, has it come to this that we're so determined not to be 'marks' that we just assume everything is kayfabe and shit on it?

Yup. People can't even believe the Rock was Legit Shook. Craziness.

Pizoxuat

Fave Five time?

1. Daniel Bryan
  2. Goldust
  3. Xavier Woods
  4. William Regal
  5. R-Truth

Honorable mention to real life minor Jojo's Bizarre Adventure antagonists Fandango and Summer Rae.

Toki767

The Punk thing is probably real, but WWE will see how much attention this has received and make Punk a deal that has him main eventing Mania next year.

kirblar

The Punk thing is probably real, but WWE will see how much attention this has received and make Punk a deal that has him main eventing Mania next year.
The Batista problem this year should teach them a lesson about putting main event clauses in there.

Rapstah

I don't think Batista literally has "WILL WIN ROYAL RUMBLE 2014 ("RUMBLE") MATCH AND MAIN EVENT[4] WRESTLEMANIA[5]" in his contract as much as it would be awkward as hell to tell him he was coming back for that and then change your mind within a week of his return.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly that champions picture is alot less sad as it seems.

Bryan is gonna be WWE champion sooner rather than later and will maybe even main event WrestleMania this year. Punk was the longest reigning modern era champion and left on his own accord. Evan Bourne has been injured for a long time and had some wellness violations so he fucked up. Cody had a nice run with his brother as champion that only just ended. Kofi is gonna Kofi until the end of days. Beth Phoenix is lounging somewhere with Edge.

Really the only one that is sort of bad off is Ryder, though he made a killing on merch.

#ABA Who would you like to see in NJPW. Doesn't matter where they work now.

My number one choice would be Daisuke Sekimoto. He's one of the best heavyweights in Japan at the moment and really deserves to be seen on a bigger stage. Also, Chris Hero is a guy who very much understands how to wrestle in Japan, I'd like to see him given a chance.

If this Punk this is a work I'll be thrilled. Not necessarily because I really want Punk back, since most of what I saw of him was a beat up and unmotivated wrestler. It's because the WWE will have figured out a way to truly swerve us in the post-kayfabe/internet era.

strobogo

Banned
When thinking about indie wrestling, the MOS thread(sssss) got me thinking.

Indie wrestling is MoS. 80s/90s pre Russo wrestling is Donner's Superman. Substitution of character and heart for crazy action scenes that are hard to follow and make no sense anyway.

Xater

My number one choice would be Daisuke Sekimoto. He's one of the best heavyweights in Japan at the moment and really deserves to be seen on a bigger stage. Also, Chris Hero is a guy who very much understands how to wrestle in Japan, I'd like to see him given a chance.

You being so high on Sekimoto makes me even more sad that he wasn't at wXw. :(

Morgadeth

Here's a preview,

Nash: "As much as he tried... he... he couldn't make wrestling cool."

Austin: "I can't trust a man who won't have a beer with me. What kind of man doesn't drink?"

HHH: "His ego was ...gigantic."

Mike Graham: " "He set off 600 pipebombs, never drew a dime."

Mike Graham has risen from the grave?

Rapstah

I feel like the Anaconda Vise looked like shit 95% of the time anyway. I mean this as a retrospective of CM Punk as a wrestler, not as an excuse for why Ryback shouldn't pick it up.

#ABA How did you get into Puroresu? Was there a wrestler or company that got you hooked?

It was All Japan in the mid 90s. My neighbour was big into tape trading, so I got a lot of copied tapes from him, including some AJPW tapes from about 92/93 and was pretty easily hooked - Kobashi was my early favourite, but I had no match listings so I didn't have any idea who was who and just identified them by their outfits (orange trunks, yellow & black trousers, green & white trousers, etc). Also, this was my first exposure to one of my favourite tag teams, Steve Williams & Terry Gordy, The Miracle Violence Connection. I didn't see much of New Japan until a lot later, as the only tapes I ever managed to get a hold of were the Super Jr's and J Cup events.

Kaladin

#ABA

What is the most obscure old wrestling footage you've been surprised to find on Youtube? This can be from any market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom