• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Klenomere
C4I5SBzXUAIxVmX.jpg
The greatest post in the history of our sport.
3.25 for Goto vs Juice doesn't sound fair to me
0 """""fighting spirit""""" 0 stars.
here's where Rusev fucked up :

he never did Vince just got bored
he never did Vince, just got bored
?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bring back World's Best Director of Operations Kane. That storyline made me laugh a lot and I was disappointed it only lasted like 3 weeks, particularly that episode where they had the "director of human resources" come out and tell Seth Rollins that Kane was obviously great (and reddit got mad that they got a pretty young girl to play the HR manager, but then it turned out she was actually the HR Director for WWE).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Go back to Ring of Honor" is never going to be topped for poor Baron.

I also skipped through a lot of Raw and it was...okay. I'm not entirely sure I understand where they're going with Strowman. He feels like Rusev when Rusev was still booked strong, but incapable of actually doing a match. It drives me fucking off the wall that WWE has been looking for these homegrown stars forever yet they don't give Rusev anything but a repetitive Boris and Natasha act. Everyone gets off on the idea of a Big E run, but I'd much rather see a Rusev run because I think he naturally has so much natural charisma when you see him not shackled to the corny foreign villain act. Dude's act should be basically an over the top Zangief.

I think the fans would want to cheer for the guy if they were given almost literally any reason to do so.

I bet there's a ton of US indies looking at the EU scene with intent jealousy right now, shit's insane. There does seem to be a general malaise with the US indies at present, no one seems likely (or able) to grow beyond their current standing, whereas over here numerous promotions just keep going from strength to strength.

Evolve wrestling is in that sad position, doesn't matter what they do, they just stay the same. The only indie that it looks it could be bigger if they wanted is PWG, but they just don't care. Also the closeness and facility to move in the UK/EU makes traveling so much easier than the USA or the rest of America. Shame no one is investing in doing a big UK/EU promotion, that just lets WWE pillage the best talent in the region.

GunBR

Talking about Kane, he fighting for the belt in 2015 was ridiculous...but his feud with Seth was actually good

I remember that during 2 weeks he showed up both as Demon Kane and Good Guy Corporate Kane, like a split personality

Angry Grimace

Talking about Kane, he fighting for the belt in 2015 was ridiculous...but his feud with Seth was actually good

I remember that during 2 weeks he showed up both as Demon Kane and Good Guy Corporate Kane, like a split personality

It was hilarious, especially when they had him be Good Guy Glenn and only momentarily slip into Evil Kane by putting Seth in shitty matches or whatever.

Angry Grimace

I think they should pull the trigger on a flukey as fuck Tye Dillinger NXT title run at whatever the interstitial TakeOver is between WM and SummerSlam.

He's the closest thing they have to Sami Zayn right now in terms of character, but dude would be a jobber or in a tag team stable with Tyler Breeze within a month on the main roster. He's also one of the few guys they have that actually feel like legit NXT guys (even though he's been around forever) as opposed to a ringer they brought in to keep the benches warm while they wait on timing for a main roster promotion.

I'm just saying, Nakamura's PPV fights have been against all guys over 30, and most of those against people older than he is who primarily made their names elsewhere, and he's already in his mid 30s to begin with.

I hope EC is good outside of the main title match.

It's insane how Smackdown has one less hour than Raw and still manages to put Raws' women's division to shame.
Smackdown keeping three women's storylines going on a two hour long show is pretty awesome (four if you count the whole Carmella thing).

They strike gold with every division but the tag.

Angry Grimace

Rock vs Samoa Joe would be good shit.

I honestly wonder if Rock plans to do one last match. I guess with Goldberg getting a big money run, he can basically put it off until he's no longer the It Guy in Hollywood.

Also, Samoa Joe as HHH's heavy is a weird role for a guy whose entire heel run in NXT was focused around being a huge asshole to William Regal. It's yet to be seen if FOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY is going to work as well as "REGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL"

Piss about with a flame thrower for 10 mins again hopefully,

The fact they aren't blowing their load over him being there suggests its going to be one of the "surprises" again. Because of course we need Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Undertaker and the Rock at every WrestleMania from now until all of those guys are dead. Vince will still be alive at that point, too, and I expect to see CGI or Cyborg Stone Cold come out to stun people at WrestleMania 85.

ICW Zero G Title: Kenny Williams vs Lewis Girvan
Trent Seven vs Jimmy Havoc
Bird & Boar vs The Purge
Zack Gibson vs Charlie Sterling vs Nathan Cruz
Kasey vs Viper vs Martina
Joe Coffey vs James Scott
Manager vs Manager: The Wee Man vs Coach Trip

Much obliged for the advice!

That's a pretty decent card for the folks I've heard of. I think what I might end up doing is trying a month of each of the main bad boys (excluding WWE obvs) and seeing which one tickles my pickle the most. I may see if I can organise my real-life wrassle pals to each subscribe to a different service and share details (slightly unethical, but I'm a poor) For now I'm going to continue to binge the crap out of Progress until I'm nearly up-to-date.

Angry Grimace

My biggest problem with the Rock is that whenever he comes out he chews the fucking scenery for like 15 minutes every time without exception and makes sure to get all of his verbal shit in.

I guess I can see why the live crowd would love it, but watching from home I'm bored beyond the initial pop. The only time I liked having Rock randomly come out in recent years was when he came out on Rusev completely unannounced (because it was unexpected), but then it got worse when he came back and insisted he banged Lana without any protest from either her or Rusev (despite his entire character being "jealous of people looking at his wife").

Top Bottom