• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Toki767

Crunchyroll and WWE Network are probably the best value I get out of streaming services. Probably by a lot. They have way more content than I could ever watch and I use them constantly.

Contrast Netflix, where I basically watch the Netflix original stuff, but rarely use it that often, or Hulu, which I pay for basically to fill time with old episodes of Always Sunny.
Is VRV worth it vs just only getting Crunchyroll?

You don't want to know.

images
I actually thought it was sushi

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In terms of actual number of people on the roster, if you don't count the cruiserweights, it's suprisingly really close on both sides, like within 1 or 2 in each category(men's singles, tags, women). Wife's been keeping a spreadsheet.

Then you look at where the injuries happened.

SD tags got derailed by Hype Bros injury. Eva's gone more or less but her spot has been filled by Mickie.

Raw Women's division lost 2 of their initial 7 to injury(Summer, Paige). Extra bonus points for Sasha bruising her back in the weeks leading up to Summerslam forcing a Charlotte win and Bayley call-up.

I do have to say, though, throwing everyone in the division in one giant clusterfuck match is really the Smackdown signature. 5/6 way matches, gauntlets, dual contract singing, etc. Add gratuitous worked shoot promos and heel sneak attacks and you've got the formula.

The problem with the SD tag division is that there's nobody in it anyone cares about because for whatever reason they don't want to put the Revival on the show even though you'd get a solid 3-4 months of stuff with it.

I think Eva Marie is actually going to get released. I don't think they ever have a plan to bring her back and the fact they ran a Sami Zayn for Eva Marie joke very much suggests they've given up on her ever giving any kind of returns on whatever they spent on her.

They can't sit on The Revival for too long. People will end up not caring. Look at American Alpha now.

I loved AA in NXT, but now with weekly events they're growing stale. Matches are following a cycle and they're not bringing enough in the ring. This is something I'm seeing with a lot of NXT call ups and to a bigger issue the WWE in general

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still can't figure out why it took WWE so long to treat women's matches as something more than a throwaway. I mean, the obvious answer is that they figured people wanted to see really attractive women, but for some reason they never figured out until like 2 years ago that being attractive and being able to work aren't actually mutually exclusive.

All I'm saying is that the WWE women's roster is full of far better wrestlers than it was in the past, but every female wrestler they employ is still attractive.

I loved AA in NXT, but now with weekly events they're growing stale. Matches are following a cycle and they're not bringing enough in the ring. This is something I'm seeing with a lot of NXT call ups and to a bigger issue the WWE in general

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I think tag team wrestling is mostly an antiquated relic they don't want to let go of. They could cut tag teams entirely and it wouldn't make a difference other than the number of people on the payroll.

I'm not saying tag matches can't be good, because Revival/DIY/AA all did good to great stuff last year, but on the whole its a lot harder to keep fresh on a weekly basis.

Jamie OD

I still can't figure out why it took WWE so long to treat women's matches as something more than a throwaway. I mean, the obvious answer is that they figured people wanted to see really attractive women, but for some reason they never figured out until like 2 years ago that being attractive and being able to work aren't actually mutually exclusive.

All I'm saying is that the WWE women's roster is full of far better wrestlers than it was in the past, but every female wrestler they employ is still attractive.

Ronda Rousey and the mainstream success of women in UFC is also a reason WWE finally jumped on board.

Heroman

Banned

Women Wrestling has never really been that popular in USA outside of the 40s.

I would actually love to see Hogan at Mania

Solely because if the crowd is on point they will boo him like crazy and chant "racist" or something

And watch him squirm as he tries to be the Hulkster

Tall4Life

Womens wrestling was also trash in America for decades because of Moolah's monopoly on it here. Japan never had someone like her.

Angry Grimace

Women Wrestling has never really been that popular in USA outside of the 40s.

Well, I mean wrestling has never really been that popular in the USA other than the late 90s. Having 1/4 to 1/3 of your show be intentionally throwaway nonsense just doesn't make business sense to me.

I'm not arguing attractive people aren't more marketable than unattractive people. I'm just saying they seem to have fixated on a certain type (e.g. the Kelly Kelly bombshell) when it doesn't actually matter because people who follow your product will naturally be thirsty for the actors anyways because that's how every fanbase in the world works.

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I think tag team wrestling is mostly an antiquated relic they don't want to let go of. They could cut tag teams entirely and it wouldn't make a difference other than the number of people on the payroll.

I'm not saying tag matches can't be good, because Revival/DIY/AA all did good to great stuff last year, but on the whole its a lot harder to keep fresh on a weekly basis.
It doesn't help when 80% of TV booking for singles competitors is tag matches

Correct me if I'm wrong but NXT doesn't do that, or if they do it certainly doesn't compare to Raw/SD

Angry Grimace

I have serious doubts that they will bring Hogan back in any kind of live-crowd capacity. They already stopped pretending he doesn't exist in historical references, but the most I'd see them doing is putting him back on the Hall of Fame website page and maybe having him show up on some Network stuff.

I would actually love to see Hogan at Mania

Solely because if the crowd is on point they will boo him like crazy and chant "racist" or something

And watch him squirm as he tries to be the Hulkster

It'd be nice but I think we all know that the moment he comes out they're just going to unconditionally mark out while Hulkster rambles through a barely coherent and pointless filler promo.
Shit they'll probably chant "you've still got it" and "one more match" at him before taking him to task.

Heroman

Banned
Well, I mean wrestling has never really been that popular in the USA other than the late 90s. Having 1/4 to 1/3 of your show be intentionally throwaway nonsense just doesn't make business sense to me.

I'm not arguing attractive people aren't more marketable than unattractive people. I'm just saying they seem to have fixated on a certain type (e.g. the Kelly Kelly bombshell) when it doesn't actually matter because people who follow your product will naturally be thirsty for the actors anyways because that's how every fanbase in the world works.
This is way wrong but to your point I agree but you have to remember for a long time Women Wrestling a side show here show Vince didn't care about it much. Also Vince is known to be fixated to a certain body type.

Kaladin

HELP!

Im about to drink coffee expired in 2014 from a guest

I cant refuse

Is it okay??

Were the beans / grounds expired or was it brewed back in 2014 and expired?

Edit:

Ground Coffee : 3 - 5 months
Whole Beans : 6 months
Instant Coffee (freeze dried) : 2 - 20 years

Unless it's instant, fake drinking it.

I am enjoying Freedom's Road so far. Episode 2 has Dahlia Black vs Laura Di Matteo and more Dazzler Team antics with the Bodyguy. Very much enjoyed the Power Couple teasing a domestic after their match to just dive into angry sex.

I think it'll really progress (LOL) when they move to the larger venue, and you've got the Riddle/Thatcher cameos to bring it up a notch.

Doubt that will happen

Umm it's in Florida. They'll pop mad

Well where they're going to be, it's full of his kind

It'd be nice but I think we all know that the moment he comes out they're just going to unconditionally mark out while Hulkster rambles through a barely coherent and pointless filler promo.
Shit they'll probably chant "you've still got it" and "one more match" at him before taking him to task.
........welp. Uh....

Let's hope there's one guy/gal that's just really loud then

Kaladin

But is it okay to drink coffee powder 3 years past expiry? Will i be okay?

Ground coffee is generally only good 3 - 5 months after date. If it was just opened....maybe you'll be okay, but 3 years is pushing it.

It's probably not very good.

From the internets:
Since coffee basically looks the same with age, many ask does coffee go bad? The best way to tell if it has gone bad is to use your nose. If coffee has gone bad, the pleasant aroma will be gone and with it much of the taste. Using this coffee will not harm you, but will just not have much flavor if the smell is gone. It may also lose its deep dark color and appear a lighter brown.

Vince was happy about the record setting revenue for the company and put over that they are "super-servicing" WWE Network subscribers with new live events and programming like the WWE UK championship tournament and 205 Live. Interesting to note that 205 Live would create new revenue for live revenue, merchandising and licensing, so the long term plan is to try and spin that off as it's own entity, similar to NXT. Vince said that they have a lot of plans for UK fans as well. He gave no timetable for anything new with UK nor did they mention when they plan to tour 205 Live.

Pwi

This is a disaster

Kaladin

Work that sip.

Either that, or work the conversation and if your friend brings it up, tell them you were lost in conversation and haven't had time to get to it.

Top Bottom