• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Like some never was jobber I have finally plucked up the courage to return to WrassleGAF.

*handshakes & bag carrying all round *

Recently subscribed to Progress on Demand. Best sub I've made in a LONG time. Started watching from the very beginning and I'm now at chapter 18ish. Enjoying it so much, the turn of Jimmy Havoc is just so well done and him keeping hold of the title for so long makes it feel like it actually means something. Watching so many names I've heard thrown around the UK indy scene just starting out is awesome too.

Also kicked off this year to a good start with seeing 3 live shows already (2 BWP and 1 WCPW) Considering either a second sub or maybe sharing a sub with a friend. Any recommendations? I'm kind of drawn towards ICW or WCPW cause it's more UK indy guys and the WCPW Kirbymania show was good even with a fairly mediocre Cody Rhodes match as one of the 'big' matches.

ICW I think would be best described as taking the current talent pool in the UK (with focus on Scotland of course) and mix it with more 90s style inspired writing and Glasgow culture. This could turn some people off, but I think they've done well to give themselves an idenity, and I think the '90s'ness booking only really get contained to one or two storylines at a time at most, so it's not going to be hugely prevalent (especially since the Black Label story seems to be concluded).

With ICW, I'd recommend either Fear & Loathing from November or the Square Go just last week as a jumping off point. I think overall the Square Go ended up being a stronger show (Fear & Loathing was rather ambitious and I think needed a bit more time for some matches), but Fear & Loathing was their biggest show that they put on.

They're doing another Fight Club taping this Sunday, the card is looking as such:

ICW Zero G Title: Kenny Williams vs Lewis Girvan
Trent Seven vs Jimmy Havoc
Bird & Boar vs The Purge
Zack Gibson vs Charlie Sterling vs Nathan Cruz
Kasey vs Viper vs Martina
Joe Coffey vs James Scott
Manager vs Manager: The Wee Man vs Coach Trip

Menome

Look, it could have been a lot worse. I could have not posted anything at all and then you'd have nothing to talk about but some made-up numbers.

Pikma

Banned
on the same show as dunne vs pentagon

C4OQlOVXUAUBQ6n.jpg:small
Gotta love how they stopped getting booked the moment Cena came back to Smackdown

Fuck John Cena and his politicking bullshit

WWE is so incompetent for not making good use of Rusev.

At the end of the day, Rusev is a foreign heel so he's going to be used to put over faces. What they did with him before the WM match with Cena was perfect. The problem is that WWE never fully built him back up so he's slowly drifting down the card like so many of their guys. Rusev is just so good that he's managed to keep his heat better than most guys.

Recall

Not sure where it all went wrong. I wish they would have better plans for wrestlers after Cena fueds.

It went down hill for Rusev when his tank wasn't enough to stop Cena further hampered when his real life relationship with Lana pissing off Vince. That fucking awful Ziggler, Summer Rae, whatever bullshit.

jmdajr

It went down hill for Rusev when his tank wasn't enough to stop Cena further hampered when his real life relationship with Lana pissing off Vince. That fucking awful Ziggler, Summer Rae, whatever bullshit.

That's right. I forgot how much Lana social media fucked this all up.

Tumblr just released a set WWE related stats for their site.

WWE is the #1 "sport" on Tumblr.
WWE RAW was the most popular television show in general of the past year.
Dean Ambrose is the most popular male superstar (followed by Roman then Seth)
Sasha Banks is the most popular female superstar (helps that she also has a Tumblr account as well)

Tumblr counts as being part of the IWC right guys?

Recall

That's right. I forgot how much Lana social media fucked this all up.

Vince hates it when a very attractive women is dating/married to a mid carder.

History has shown Vince will do whatever in his power to split up the couple to push one superstar while burying the other.

Poor Billy Kidman.

Sephzilla

Vince hates it when a very attractive women is dating/married to a mid carder.

History has shown Vince will do whatever in his power to split up the couple to push one superstar while burying the other.

Poor Billy Kidman.

I'm shocked they haven't tried to split up Miz/Maryse

Heroman

Banned
Tumblr just released a set WWE related stats for their site.

WWE is the #1 "sport" on Tumblr.
WWE RAW was the most popular television show in general of the past year.
Dean Ambrose is the most popular male superstar (followed by Roman then Seth)
Sasha Banks is the most popular female superstar (helps that she also has a Tumblr account as well)

Tumblr counts as being part of the IWC right guys?
Tumblr ?

somedevil

Lana basically get face pops now.

I also don't think anyone is punishing Cass by putting ellsworth with Carmella or wondering how Enzo with Liv.

Kaladin

South Park Fractured But Whole delayed again to Fiscal 2017 - 2018. History repeating itself again after the delays that the last game had.

Hope it's all worth it again though.

Anth0ny

Kanemaru/Desperado vs. KUSHIDA/Kawato 2.75

Kojima/Tenzan/Nagata vs. Henare/Oka/Yoshitatsu 2.75

Ospreay/Gedo/Jado vs. Shibata/Liger/Tiger 2

Yoshi-Hashi vs. Iizuka 1.25

Tanahashi/Elgin/Nakanishi/Taguchi/Dragon Lee vs. LIJ 3.5

RPG Vice vs. TAKA/Taichi 2.5

Goto vs. Juice 3.25

Ishii/Yano vs. KES vs. GBH 3.5

Okada vs. Suzuki 4.75

i knew dave would love that okada match

god damn it dave

South Park Fractured But Whole delayed again to Fiscal 2017 - 2018. History repeating itself again after the delays that the last game had.

Hope it's all worth it again though.

Ehh I dunno, call me a snowflake sjw but pc principal rubbed me up the wrong way to the point where i'm 2 seasons behind on south park, and i expect the game will lean heavily into that

also no obsidian

Aries can also just be a face that's a dick for pops

Like KO but not heeling it up to the audience

All of his interviews have been either making fun of heels or staying neutral towards faces for comedy

Top Bottom