• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

It's not like Raw has an extensive and full of depth women roster

Raw has a much bigger roster, and Smackdown is having issues with the tag division. It's basically been multi-team brawls for weeks.

giphy.gif

Pikma

Banned
I still don't get why you're all making a Global Force Wrestling rip off

Also, Global Wrestling Force sounds dumb

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's not like Raw has an extensive and full of depth women roster

Someone needs to change the Deep Space Nine / Last Guardian gif to show Roman standing tall with the belt, the RAW logo in the corner and then Sisko says "where the hell was Emmalina?"

It sadly won't work once she actually comes out.

Yes!

Everyone seems to manage to only think things have been happening for a short while in truth it's been the same way for eons.

I was referring specifically to Smackdown since the brand split. They've managed to get tag teams interesting again, but every single week it's been "lets march out 3 other teams" so it gets old fast.

I guess we're at the new "item on a pole" stage of things

You can see the exact moment when bald dad questioned his life choices.

I don't know how the table took that much. I was expecting it to just explode.

Sephzilla

Raw has a much bigger roster, and Smackdown is having issues with the tag division. It's basically been multi-team brawls for weeks.

giphy.gif

I think I can safely say that most people over the age of 12 who use a trampoline use it to do wrasslin moves.

one of my friends used to have one, and that's what we did

Blue deserves this

Vince also said the brand extension is working extremely well, as they expected. He said there is some crossover with viewers, which they wanted, but they are introducing new viewers to SmackDown and that’s what they have been trying to do. He also mentioned fresh talent going from brand to brand, using Roman Reigns potentially jumping to SmackDown as an example.

I think they should pull the trigger on a flukey as fuck Tye Dillinger NXT title run at whatever the interstitial TakeOver is between WM and SummerSlam.

He's the closest thing they have to Sami Zayn right now in terms of character, but dude would be a jobber or in a tag team stable with Tyler Breeze within a month on the main roster. He's also one of the few guys they have that actually feel like legit NXT guys (even though he's been around forever) as opposed to a ringer they brought in to keep the benches warm while they wait on timing for a main roster promotion.

I'm just saying, Nakamura's PPV fights have been against all guys over 30, and most of those against people older than he is who primarily made their names elsewhere, and he's already in his mid 30s to begin with.

Ironically Tye Dillinger is 35 lol.

jmdajr

So I guess Rock felt compelled to say something about the Under Armor CEO.

I appreciate and welcome the feedback from people who disagree (and agree) with Kevin Plank's words on CNBC, but these are neither my words, nor my beliefs. His words were divisive and lacking in perspective. Inadvertently creating a situation where the personal political opinions of UA’s partners and its employees were overshadowed by the comments of its CEO.
A good company is not solely defined by its CEO. A good company is not defined by the athlete or celebrity who partners with them. A good company is not a single person. A good company is a team, a group of brothers and sisters committed to working together each and every day to provide for their families and one another and the clients they serve.
We don’t partner with a brand casually. I partner with brands I trust and with people who share my same values. That means a commitment to diversity, inclusion, community, open-mindedness and some serious hard work. But it doesn't mean that I or my team will always agree with the opinion of everyone who works there, including its executives. Great leaders inspire and galvanize the masses during turbulent times, they don't cause people to divide and disband.
My responsibility here is not only to the global audience we serve, but also to the thousands of workers who pour blood, sweat, and tears into making Under Armour strong. A diverse group of hardworking men and women who possess integrity, respect and compassion for one another and the world they live in. Debate is healthy. But in a time of widespread disagreement, so is loyalty. I feel an obligation to stand with this diverse team, the American and global workers, who are the beating heart and soul of Under Armour and the reason I chose to partner with them.

My commitment is as real as my sweat and callouses that thicken daily. #CommittedToThePeople

Rock is going to make a great politician. Talks a lot and says nothing.

WWE Network has more subscribers than Crunchyroll.

Kind of surprised by that.

Not really surprising since Crunchyroll has limited selection and small amount of dub shows as well. If you want a good selection of Anime you have to get Funimation, Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Netflix even then your missing out on shows.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ironically Tye Dillinger is 35 lol.

Yeah, he's around to be a veteran hand for the new guys who randomly got over. I doubt they see him as anything but that, which is why I think he'd be a good choice for a short run with the belt. He's the most NXT Guy of the guys they have around, if you understand what I mean.

Angry Grimace

Crunchyroll and WWE Network are probably the best value I get out of streaming services. Probably by a lot. They have way more content than I could ever watch and I use them constantly.

Contrast Netflix, where I basically watch the Netflix original stuff, but rarely use it that often, or Hulu, which I pay for basically to fill time with old episodes of Always Sunny.

Talking about Kane, he fighting for the belt in 2015 was ridiculous...but his feud with Seth was actually good

I remember that during 2 weeks he showed up both as Demon Kane and Good Guy Corporate Kane, like a split personality
People wouldn't believe me at the time but with hindsight I'm sure we can finally accept that Kane/Seth was some solid long term booking and was far more entertaining for plot purposes than anything else in his reign.

You can see the exact moment when bald dad questioned his life choices.
Indeed, poor Kevin Owens Senior.

Silent_Z

In terms of actual number of people on the roster, if you don't count the cruiserweights, it's suprisingly really close on both sides, like within 1 or 2 in each category(men's singles, tags, women). Wife's been keeping a spreadsheet.

Then you look at where the injuries happened.

SD tags got derailed by Hype Bros injury. Eva's gone more or less but her spot has been filled by Mickie.

Raw Women's division lost 2 of their initial 7 to injury(Summer, Paige). Extra bonus points for Sasha bruising her back in the weeks leading up to Summerslam forcing a Charlotte win and Bayley call-up.

I do have to say, though, throwing everyone in the division in one giant clusterfuck match is really the Smackdown signature. 5/6 way matches, gauntlets, dual contract singing, etc. Add gratuitous worked shoot promos and heel sneak attacks and you've got the formula.

Crunchyroll and WWE Network are probably the best value I get out of streaming services. Probably by a lot. They have way more content than I could ever watch and I use them constantly.

Contrast Netflix, where I basically watch the Netflix original stuff, but rarely use it that often, or Hulu, which I pay for basically to fill time with old episodes of Always Sunny.

That's kind of what they're going for. It's the HBO model

Top Bottom