• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Hasney

Bring up politics or religion, act offended and throw the coffee in his face then storm out. Obviously wait until it cools first.

e8Sq2.gif

somedevil

This is way wrong but to your point I agree but you have to remember for a long time Women Wrestling a side show here show Vince didn't care about it much. Also Vince is known to be fixated to a certain body type.

You make like its all on Vince. Did WCW ever have a women division? Did ROH really have one? Evolve? Lucha Underground?

Women's wrestling doesn't have a pretty history in the US. WWE took a bit more serious when Lita was Trish was around. TNA did more than WWE for a period a time as well.

Is much better in Japan?

Heroman

Banned
You make like its all on Vince. Did WCW ever have a women division? Did ROH really have one? Evolve? Lucha Underground?

Women's wrestling doesn't have a pretty history in the US. WWE took a bit more serious when Lita was Trish was around. TNA did more than WWE for a period a time as well.

Is much better in Japan?
It wasn't all Vince it was just how Women Wrestling was viewed in USA. The only time women Wrestling was some what popular here was in the 40s. It's even worse in Mexico.

And women Wrestling was way way more popular in Japan then it ever was here.

Tall4Life

Is much better in Japan?

Well in LU there is no women's division as its all just one division, though Striker yells about that fact enough that I still hate it. TNA's knockouts division was actually quite good and "revolutionary" for a bit, at least for the US.

Women's wrestling was actually seen as a pretty top draw in Japan for a long long time. Still would be if wrestling hadn't been dying since the 00's. All Japan Women nearly sold out the Tokyo Dome multiple times and was highly respected. There wasn't a Moolah who monopolized all women's wrestlers which definitely helped -- she pushed the kind of "women's wrestling" that we saw on WWF and WWE for years, like hair pulling, just being shit in general, etc. All focused on sex appeal. She even whored out her workers to promoters. For a long time if you were not affiliated with Moolah you would not get booked in the US either.

In Japan women's wrestling was always maintained as a "legitimate" sport (as legitimate as you can be for professional wrestling) so it never really went through a dark period. Same with men's wrestling, really. Wrestling was plummeting in the US during the 90's but it was still doing great in Japan.

First good was spoiled, second good was flavor-wise...and the quote explains why.

the coffee should be fine to drink unless the oils have begun to spoil and it's very easy to know when that happens.

I

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I think tag team wrestling is mostly an antiquated relic they don't want to let go of. They could cut tag teams entirely and it wouldn't make a difference other than the number of people on the payroll.

I'm not saying tag matches can't be good, because Revival/DIY/AA all did good to great stuff last year, but on the whole its a lot harder to keep fresh on a weekly basis.

it's because they forgot what makes tag wrestling good. All they care about is the hot tag, but guys like The Revival are showing there can be so much more to the match.

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah, dude. It even had a special lady wrestling correspondent, Lee Marshall.

(I'm not even joking!)

The lapsed fan joke in here is too obvious and I'm not clever enough to come up with something subtle so I'll just go ahead and not say anything

don't go to lee Marshall's house

-Backstage segment with New Day, Vince, and Hogan at Mania.
-Hogan segment for Black History Month
-Hogan raises Roman Reigns hand at Mania get him face cheers
-Hogan feels the GLOW by dancing with Naomi
-Hogan crowd-surfs the Full Sail crowd at NXT taping
-Hogan dabs with TJ Perkins and proceeds to put on his Pixel Glasses

The ideas are endless

Does raw and smackdown have a repeat/encore airing on usa channel?

You can watch both next day on Hulu if you have it

Hogan gonna roll someone up in front of 365K Hulkamaniacs brother !!
I gotta roll up Roman brother! I gotta get my heat back dude! I gotta get my heat back on Roman so I can pass the torch to him after. I'm the torch bearer brother. The torch has no heat.

Menome

-Backstage segment with New Day, Vince, and Hogan at Mania.
-Hogan segment for Black History Month
-Hogan raises Roman Reigns hand at Mania get him face cheers
-Hogan feels the GLOW by dancing with Naomi
-Hogan crowd-surfs the Full Sail crowd at NXT taping
-Hogan dabs with TJ Perkins and proceeds to put on his Pixel Glasses

The ideas are endless

-Hogan goes and metaphorically fucks himself

somedevil

Review a Wai is going to review Wrestlemania 25 including a Hardy vs Hardy match.

This feud includes the little discussed angle where Matt took credit for the real life burning down of Jeff's house and death of his dog.

Pikma

Banned
Review a Wai is going to review Wrestlemania 25 including a Hardy vs Hardy match.

This feud includes the little discussed angle where Matt took credit for the real life burning down of Jeff's house and death of his dog.
I don't know why but that shit is one of the most memorable feuds ever for me

I don't know why but that shit is one of the most memorable feuds ever for me

I think it could be because practically everyone had fantasy booked it in their head for years at that point, so even if it doesn't quite live up to the hype, it'd still be remembered.

Hogan turns up on Monday Night RAW, says he's enforcing Trump's immigration ban, brother. Says Bulgaria isn't on the terror watchlist but it should be, because Rusev's been terrorising the WWE, and that's a shoot, jack. Big boot, drop the leg, Hulk gets Rusev deported. However, the next week a mysterious masked brute named Mr. Russia viciously attacks Hogan. Hulk's desperate to find out who Mr. Russia is and have him kicked out of the country, dude. So Mr. Russia challenges him to a match at WrestleMania, with his secret identity and Hulk's American citizenship on the line. Hulk accepts, also convincing Lana to switch sides at some point, because of his raw sexual magnetism or some such. Of course it's all a ruse, Lana tricking Hulk with her feminine wiles and helping Rusev win a shock upset victory over the immortal Hulk Hogan. Mr. Russia wins and Hulk is deported, only for Mr. America to appear and lay a beating on Mr. Russia, unmasking him to reveal that it was Rusev all along!

Top Bottom