• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

joker3782

Neo Member
why are there 4 commentators on Smackdown? like 3 wasn't bad enough

Yeah its really stupid. Either get rid of Otunga and make it a three man team, or make it a two man team by getting rid of Otunga and Phillips/Ranello. Having JBL and Ranello/Phillips would be enough. Dont need both Phillips and Ranello at the same time. Seems like overkill.

CM Punk is a massive douche - really, the arrogance! - but watching the doc about him on the network, it's amazing to see how history repeats. Kevin Owens really is in the Punk-circa-2008 position - holding the title, not the guy they want representing the company aesthetically, not headlining with the title, and then going to lose the title because a feud that doesn't need it is deemed as needing it.

Striker

His babyface character sucked. He also wasn't ready for it, either. Booking wasn't doing him favors - it didn't for guys like Swagger, Miz, Ziggler and Mysterio either. I think he even has said the title wasn't getting him any more over.

Fucking WOW, you know that Kris Travis Memorial Tournament PCW are running this month? People generally assumed it was, in part, going to be for charity, either for cancer research or to Cavendish care who looked after Kris in his final days. Well, here's PCW's response;

"'We raised about 15k for Kris Travis in the past. Think we earned the right to do our own thing now.''

Then asked whether his family was OK with his name and image being used to promote a PCW show where zero of the proceeds go to charity;

"We are using his character from PCW, considering he was Mr. PCW"

Pikma

Banned
Fucking WOW, you know that Kris Travis Memorial Tournament PCW are running this month? People generally assumed it was, in part, going to be for charity, either for cancer research or to Cavendish care who looked after Kris in his final days. Well, here's PCW's response;

"'We raised about 15k for Kris Travis in the past. Think we earned the right to do our own thing now.''

Then asked whether his family was OK with his name and image being used to promote a PCW show where zero of the proceeds go to charity;

That's disgusting

Hasney

On the one hand, not having "all" proceeds go to charity wouldn't bother me much as it's nice to have his name remembered regardless, like the Chris Candido events in TNA. But come on, even if it's just 10% to charity and at least asked his family it wouldn't be much.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
CM Punk is a massive douche - really, the arrogance! - but watching the doc about him on the network, it's amazing to see how history repeats. Kevin Owens really is in the Punk-circa-2008 position - holding the title, not the guy they want representing the company aesthetically, not headlining with the title, and then going to lose the title because a feud that doesn't need it is deemed as needing it.
I'm hopeful that Owens isn't dropping the title to Goldberg. Hoping for Brock interference shenanigans ending in a DQ.

On the one hand, not having "all" proceeds go to charity wouldn't bother me much as it's nice to have his name remembered regardless, like the Chris Candido events in TNA. But come on, even if it's just 10% to charity and at least asked his family it wouldn't be much.

Agreed - I don't think there would be as much of an issue if they'd flat-out come out and said this wasn't for charity, or only a small portion of the proceeds would go to charity. The issue's primarily because they've done so many Travis-related charity events in the past - everyone just assumed this one was for charity as well.

Ok yeah that's fucking gross. Should be ashamed of themselves

WHAT
THE
FUCK

jesus fucking hell

Syder

This is fucking egregious. What a bunch of carnies.

I'm actually a little glad I have to go on a birthday night out with a bunch of normals on the 25th otherwise I totally would've bought tickets to that. Penta & Dunne sounded like a match too good to miss but I don't think I wanna give them money. Carnies gonna Carny I guess but that's a really shitty attitude to have.

ag6KZIn.jpg

It would fit in to how Owens defends his belt, via shenanigans and might add to that Brock v Berg drama.

I agree that it fits, and I agree that I'd like it. But! I don't see Owens vs Jericho at Mania with them both having the belt. Unless Finn's fit, and we're having Balor vs Owens, with the Jericho feud burned off at Fastlane?

I'm actually a little glad I have to go on a birthday night out with a bunch of normals on the 25th otherwise I totally would've bought tickets to that. Penta & Dunne sounded like a match too good to miss but I don't think I wanna give them money. Carnies gonna Carny I guess but that's a really shitty attitude to have.

Thankfully, Rev Pro are running it too.

I get an impression the WWE/HHH think more highly of Owens then Punk

Just watching the Progress Alternate commentary for RJ Singh vs Stixx Career vs Career match done by RJ & Stixx themselves, and I'm loving it! Does anyone know of any other easily available videos like this where the wrestlers talk about the match as they're watching it? I'm sure there must be but it's something I've not really thought about watching before.

Just lots of moments where they're like 'I didn't expect that' or 'I nearly screwed that up' that just make the match so much more interesting to me.

Jamie OD

Just watching the Progress Alternate commentary for RJ Singh vs Stixx Career vs Career match done by RJ & Stixx themselves, and I'm loving it! Does anyone know of any other easily available videos like this where the wrestlers talk about the match as they're watching it? I'm sure there must be but it's something I've not really thought about watching before.

Just lots of moments where they're like 'I didn't expect that' or 'I nearly screwed that up' that just make the match so much more interesting to me.

Early episodes of Stone Cold's podcast had him talking over his WM matches with Bret Hart and The Rock. He also did one for the Rock Vs Mankind Raw match where Mankind won the title. Thankfully people made videos merging the audio with the matches.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...restlemania-13-with-austin-s-commentary_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3tno68

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3r85b7

Early episodes of Stone Cold's podcast had him talking over his WM matches with Bret Hart and The Rock. He also did one for the Rock Vs Mankind Raw match where Mankind won the title. Thankfully people made videos merging the audio with the matches.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...restlemania-13-with-austin-s-commentary_sport

Thank you kindly those should fill up my afternoon quite nicely!

Just watched the Shibata/Riddle match. Really fun match, loved the spot where Riddle was chopping the shit out of Shibata and Shibata just kept wandering to the corner to dare him to do it again.

That is insanely fucked up.

Fuck those guys, forever.

Beefy

zg0OR.gif

Cunts

deli2000

Are PCW known for being like this normally? This seems extremely fucked up.

Syder

The Mankind one is amazing. That pop for Austin was just unbelievable.

Lothar

Banned
The Mankind one is amazing. That pop for Austin was just unbelievable.

People going to that show had no idea what they were getting since it wasn't even an announced match. Mankind had to demand it half way through the show. Everything that happened was a complete surprise. That must have been like being a kid waking up on July and finding out it was suddenly Christmas Day.

You absolutely could not miss a show back then.

Jamie OD

Are PCW known for being like this normally? This seems extremely fucked up.

They pull off some cheeky stunts every now and then. Minutes after the WWE UK tournament was officially revealed they announced a show taking place in the same town on the same weekend. Nothing wrong with that. But then there was that time the owner recorded a youtube video (that's since been taken down) of himself and Chris Masters finding the home of somebody who pirates their shows to put him in his place.

People going to that show had no idea what they were getting since it wasn't even an announced match. Mankind had to demand it half way through the show. Everything that happened was a complete surprise. That must have been like being a kid waking up on July and finding out it was suddenly Christmas Day.

You absolutely could not miss a show back then.

Oh man, it was amazing, I went to a Smackdown taping in 1999, and it was revealed just the night before on Raw that A. Stone Cold was making his return and B. There would be a buried alive match between Rock/Mankind vs. Big Show/Undertaker for the tag belts. It's to this day the only buried alive match on free TV.

Say what you will about the Attitude era's penchant for crash TV, but when you're a 16-year-old idealistic little snot it made every show must-watch because literally you never knew what was going to happen.

Man PCW has gone down the shitter as of late. I'm hoping some of the big stars refuse to work with them now.

RevPro, Progress, and ICW all seem like infinitely more well-run organizations that actually seem to give a shit.

Beefy

I'm no doctor, but Mick Foley and Edge probably shouldn't be doing these things at WrestleMania 22.

Foley is messed up from all the stuff he did. You can see it everytime he talks etc on Raw. Who knew a million chair shots to the head and falling off cages etc would mess a person up....

Top Bottom