• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

tumblr_lxi2f67QYt1qd0s1wo1_500.gif
More like

250532.gif

So i finally decided to bite the bullet on buying a Replica WWE World Heavyweight Championship with som AJ styles side plates this thing looks amazing in person and i cant wait to get the side plates box signed by AJ when he comes to the Autorama in a couple weeks.

Hey so what's the deal with PCW right now? Pulling some bullshit donation crap?

They previously ran a bunch of charity shows for Kris Travis with proceeds going to cancer research. This year, they changed the name of their tag tournament to the Kris Travis Tag Team Invitational and everyone assumed it was again for charity - when asked directly, PCW said that because they'd raised over 15 grand in the past they had "earned the right" to run a show with Trav's name without donating anything this time. They also said they hadn't sought permission from his family and saw no issue with this.

Obviously, people didn't react well. PCW blocked anyone criticising them, then people started tweeting the wrestlers on the card and now a number of them have said they'll honour their bookings, but donate their fees in a much classier move than the promoters.

tm24

Doing a Kris Travis Memorial Show where no money from the show goes to his family or charity.

I wouldn't call it scumy on its own but when asked about it their response was "Hey, we've raised 15k for the guy, it's only fair he helps us make some for ourselves!" (actually word for word quote) so fuck that carny ass promotion.

They previously ran a bunch of charity shows for Kris Travis with proceeds going to cancer research. This year, they changed the name of their tag tournament to the Kris Travis Tag Team Invitational and everyone assumed it was again for charity - when asked directly, PCW said that because they'd raised over 15 grand in the past they had "earned the right" to run a show with Trav's name without donating anything this time. They also said they hadn't sought permission from his family and saw no issue with this.

Obviously, people didn't react well. PCW blocked anyone criticising them, then people started tweeting the wrestlers on the card and now a number of them have said they'll honour their bookings, but donate their fees in a much classier move than the promoters.
Guess im not buying that show. This is basically a repeat of the Trent Acid Cup from last fall isnt it?

This is gonna be a lit weekend for wrassling, about to start the New Beginning and I think I'm biting the bullet on the WCPC PPV tomorrow, I'm a sucker for Rico vs Ospreay and then there's also Drago vs Penta!

My only concern is that I don't think those guys have Chromecast support, which is a fucking given at this point for any decent streaming service.

Why the FUCK am I on such an awful team

Also PCW is that promotion who thought it was ok to physically confront someone at their home for pirating their shows (which I'm pretty sure was total bullshit but you know)

C1dG19Q.gif

I could see them doing something like this with Hogan. Having Braun(who sounds just like him) walk away from beating up Darren Young and Titus, then transforming back into Hogan.

Zach

Daito and FallingEdge hate each other. BronsonLee and Professor Beef hate each other. Bluekaveli and Fox318 are just kinda hanging out.

Wowwwwwww

Zach

This match is still going on!

Pro-tip for Sephzilla: never book a 6-man elimination tag. No one has been eliminated after 30 or 40 minutes.

Yeah, the Belfast show that I wasn't at that hasn't made tape yet :(

Fight Nation was carny? Is it an Alex Shane joint?

No, but they started out trying to muscle in on PROGRESS' style and London before everyone else did, then became an NWA affiliate out of nowhere, then dropped the NWA less than a year later
Just watched this very match. Really beginning to love Sexsmith and the way the crowd embraces him.

He's definitely angling for a more serious run this year

Menome

Damn it, been missing the GWF action. Finally catching up with the rest of the world and binge-watching Stranger Things.

Top Bottom