• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

The Lawler thing was fun but I do not care about Ziggler at all even if he is a bad guy now and not a face who shouts his lungs off every promo. His heel turn is just him whining in a way that's probably meant to be intentionally annoying but is just shit.

He should have lost at No Mercy.
But he SCRATCHED, AND HE CLAWWWED!

Zach

JwwBTSb.jpg

kE2dKIX.jpg

w804zpL.jpg

Did Nick Patrick get a job in the Trump administration?

Been on an NJPW Styles binge and I've grown to hate AJ's new hair. He looked his best here, and wasn't as goofy looking. Also, the leather jacket >>>>>>>>> vest.

Sephzilla

THIS JUST IN FROM GWF COMMISSIONER SEPHZILLA.

Today's tag team match between RBH, DMczaf, imbask, and BronsonLee has been upgraded into being a tornado tag team elimination match!

Mexico
Rey Mysterio Jr, Caristico, El Hijo del Dos Caras, Penta el Zero M (the former Pentagon Jr), Alberto el Patron, Drago, Rey Fenix and El Ligero.

From the Scottish qualifiers, I'd expect Hendry and Galloway to be the ones to qualify, but I could see Joe Coffey or maybe even BT Gunn instead of Hendry. England looks stacked as fuck. Also, I absolutely love the fact the UK has such a deep talent pool that Scotland can have its own separate qualifier filled with strong names.

Lol at this bullshit

Is this out of character for her?

Nah, she was probably mocking Nikki Bella.

tm24

So...does this count as no selling or not then?

RrapKAI.gif

Going with not for a comedy wrestler!

CMLL is doing fairly well right now. They have a weekly Friday night show from Mexico City that's streamed by Claro, a big national station. Most weeks its a lot of fun with good wrestling and a hot, drunk crowd. Right now there doing a parejas incredibles tournament. The first show was terrible because all of the matches were under 5 minutes and one was literally 40 something seconds. It should get better as teams are eliminated.

At least CMLL booked Volador/Cavenario to win the first block instead of Pierroth/Diamante Azul. So they're not sadists and we'll get a good 20 minute match with the winners of block b

give up the goods

EXTREMELY NSFL Only watch this if you're Bootaay or are a deathmatch enthusiast

hamsjams

I've attended two Royal Rumbles live, and they both happened to see the #1 entrant win. One was in Tampa in 1995 and the other was in Philadelphia in 2004. Put a slightly different way, I was present for both Royal Rumbles in which the #1 entrant won.

Even including workers and production crew, the number of people who can say that must be pretty small, right? Excluding workers and production crew, that number must shrink drastically. The only Royal Rumble winners I've ever witnessed live were the #1 entrants. It's feasible that I'm the only person ever who can say exactly that.

My grandparents won tickets and a trip to the `95 Royal Rumble. I was just a little kid. As part of the prize we got to stay in the same hotel as the wrestlers. I went around with a little autograph book. We met Gorilla Monsoon multiple times in airports and at the hotel. Captain Lou pinched my cheeks. We saw Paul Bearer driving an Undertaker-branded van, and later saw a large man around that van who could've been The Undertaker himself, hard to recognize sans make up. Davey Boy pulled up to the hotel on a motorcycle. We saw Shawn Michaels by the pool surrounded by women. I didn't recognize him at first because he was shorter than I expected. Owen was signing in at the front desk when Bret and his wife arrived at the lobby. Owen shot Bret dirty looks across the room and groaned when a bunch of teenagers surrounded Bret to ask for autographs. Before Bret left his wife reminded him to "not forget the little one" meaning me, who was also meekly asking for an autograph. My grandparents thought it was hilarious to see a revolving door of women come and go from the wrestlers' rooms.

Razor Ramon was my favorite at the time. During the event he lost his title to Jeff Jarret and "injured" his knee. After the event we spotted him sitting at and drinking at the bar in the hotel lobby. My grandparents told me to ask him for an autograph but it was dark and I was tired and I couldn't tell which man he was. Seeing this, he approached me and sat me on his knee at the bar to talk. I asked him why he wasn't still injured and without missing a beat he explained that it was still very sore but he could get around better now. Looking back now, meeting him in a bar is sadly prophetic. But that shit was fucking magic.

I would really like to meet Scott Hall again.

tm24

Mexico
Rey Mysterio Jr, Caristico, El Hijo del Dos Caras, Penta el Zero M (the former Pentagon Jr), Alberto el Patron, Drago, Rey Fenix and El Ligero.
Oh man none of this will happen haha. WCPW has no idea what it's doing. AAA won't let Drago on a show with members of La Rebellion and Caristico and Alberto still hate the shit out of each other.
Ahh that wasn't that bad

apart from the screaming
Oh the actual pictures are fun too

Sephzilla

I've attended two Royal Rumbles live, and they both happened to see the #1 entrant win. One was in Tampa in 1995 and the other was in Philadelphia in 2004. Put a slightly different way, I was present for both Royal Rumbles in which the #1 entrant won.

Even including workers and production crew, the number of people who can say that must be pretty small, right? Excluding workers and production crew, that number must shrink drastically. The only Royal Rumble winners I've ever witnessed live were the #1 entrants. It's feasible that I'm the only person ever who can say exactly that.

My grandparents won tickets and a trip to the `95 Royal Rumble. I was just a little kid. As part of the prize we got to stay in the same hotel as the wrestlers. I went around with a little autograph book. We met Gorilla Monsoon multiple times in airports and at the hotel. Captain Lou pinched my cheeks. We saw Paul Bearer driving an Undertaker-branded van, and later saw a large man around that van who could've been The Undertaker himself, hard to recognize sans make up. Davey Boy pulled up to the hotel on a motorcycle. We saw Shawn Michaels by the pool surrounded by women. I didn't recognize him at first because he was shorter than I expected. Owen was signing in at the front desk when Bret and his wife arrived at the lobby. Owen shot Bret dirty looks across the room and groaned when a bunch of teenagers surrounded Bret to ask for autographs. Before Bret left his wife reminded him to "not forget the little one" meaning me, who was also meekly asking for an autograph. My grandparents thought it was hilarious to see a revolving door of women come and go from the wrestlers' rooms.

Razor Ramon was my favorite at the time. During the event he lost his title to Jeff Jarret and "injured" his knee. After the event we spotted him sitting at and drinking at the bar in the hotel lobby. My grandparents told me to ask him for an autograph but it was dark and I was tired and I couldn't tell which man he was. Seeing this, he approached me and sat me on his knee at the bar to talk. I asked him why he wasn't still injured and without missing a beat he explained that it was still very sore but he could get around better now. Looking back now, meeting him in a bar is sadly prophetic. But that shit was fucking magic.

thats a cool story. and yeah i'd imagine the number of people who saw two number #1 entrants win must be fairly small. Also i love how Owen and Bret maintained kayfabe constantly

That Scott story is great. He seems like a good guy that was tormented by his demons. Was Davey Boy fooked?

Zach

Rewatched Ron Simmons win the WCW Championship (it's featured in the Black History Month section on the Network). So awesome. Watching the crowd reaction is really cool. That kid in the front jumping up and down like crazy after the pin -- too awesome.

And look who's in the ring to celebrate:

tcMUppm.jpg

>:D

Top Bottom