• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

C4boF-bUYAAshkq

DMczaf is wearing this right now.

HENSHIN

STEAK ARMS

~might of Gagne~

Adree

The fuck is with these marks getting OSW Review tattoos when they don't let you pick a show for them to cover anymore.

Yeah, despite hitting a roadblock on progression. I'm a good little mark.

Where have you got to?

I've got everyone up to level 29 but I haven't been doing the Dean ambrose tours and so don't have many of the special items.

Also I chucked down 45 bills to get the random elimination t shift drops, so I had 400 shirts for a lucky dip on a new wrestler but 4 of the drops were 40 t shirts when I could have got between 40 and 100. Stupid idiot.

Hasney

Where have you got to?

I've got everyone up to level 29 but I haven't been doing the Dean ambrose tours and so don't have many of the special items.

Also I chucked down 45 bills to get the random elimination t shift drops, so I had 400 shirts for a lucky dip on a new wrestler but 4 of the drops were 40 t shirts when I could have got between 40 and 100. Stupid idiot.

I at the first leg of the European your. Need to get at least one more person up to 2 star as I luckily pulled a 2 star Booker T. Got the tokens for either Rock or Big Show, but o need to get one of their moved up to level 4 first.

I've got a tag match next that has a 2,000 talent, so no chance until I get the second 2 star. Also done the hard tours up to the first Live tour.

I don't hear a lot of things about the wrestling scene in Mexico around here. Is Lucha Underground the only big thing for Lucha Libre right now?

CMLL is doing fairly well right now. They have a weekly Friday night show from Mexico City that's streamed by Claro, a big national station. Most weeks its a lot of fun with good wrestling and a hot, drunk crowd. Right now there doing a parejas incredibles tournament. The first show was terrible because all of the matches were under 5 minutes and one was literally 40 something seconds. It should get better as teams are eliminated.

WhatCulture announced the English, Scottish, Mexican and German qualifiers of their tournament. Source

Scotland
Joe Coffey, Mark Coffey, Lewis Girvan, Joe Hendry, Drew Galloway, BT Gunn, Kenny Williams and Liam Thomson.

England
Zack Sabre Jr, Rampage, Zack Gibson, Martin Kirby, Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, Nick Aldis and Jimmy Havoc.

Germany
”Bad Bones" John Klinger, Axel Dieter Jr, Crazy Sexy Mike, Cash Money Erkan, Juvenile X, Pascal Spalter, Lucky Kid and Tarkan Aslan.

Mexico
Rey Mysterio Jr, Caristico, El Hijo del Dos Caras, Penta el Zero M (the former Pentagon Jr), Alberto el Patron, Drago, Rey Fenix and El Ligero.

From the Scottish qualifiers, I'd expect Hendry and Galloway to be the ones to qualify, but I could see Joe Coffey or maybe even BT Gunn instead of Hendry. England looks stacked as fuck. Also, I absolutely love the fact the UK has such a deep talent pool that Scotland can have its own separate qualifier filled with strong names.

rrc1594

I never seen the hype of Cody. I mean good for him for doing want he wants instead of being forced to do a gimmick. I don't see "WWE was holding him back" in him.

This is gonna be my first Elimination Chamber. Looks gimmicky as fuck.

One of WWE's biggest issues the past decade or so is the absolute diluting of gimmick matches. Annual Hell in the Cell or TLC PPVs make no sense to me. I mean hell, they had a bloody Fatal 4 Way PPV.

The Rumble and MitB are the only gimmick matches that merit an annual PPV. The rest should only be used when the feud requires it.

Zach

This Cena entrance is hokey as f. Haha. CM Punk, though, I see ya.

Edit: Man, this commentary is bad. Amazing that WWE and its fans have been fighting against each other for 10+ years. Such a strange thing.

Edit 2: Not sure which is worse: the crowd's unwillingness to do anything but boo Cena and cheer Cena's opponent NO MATTER WHAT, or WWE hating and misrepresenting their own fans.

What does this "1/30" and "1/60" they show on the NJPW cards mean?

About to watch Takahashi/Dragon Lee and in the middle of the graphic it says 1/60.

Also, fuck this "altered music" holy shit.

Keep this in mind that I still watch TNA semi-regularly

imagine watching roh in 2017

TNA is absolutely better than ROH right now, I don't think there's any question. Sure, you'll get some good matches on the big ROH PPVs (and good matches no one sees because they're on the $15 VOD-only house shows), but the booking is duller than it has ever been, all their decent talent that isn't locked down is leaving ASAP, and there's just no excitement or direction. They're absolutely fucked and the list of promotions I'd rather watch in 2017 than ROH is stupidly long.

Top Bottom