• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

ReiGun

Naomi is not an AJ Styles level talent but she's great for what she is. Awesome entrance, song, gimmick... not everyone has to have muh work rate

Basically.

It's probably just cause I'm a casual fan*, but I don't need talent to be putting on 5 star matches every night to think they deserve success. Naomi is fun. I have fun when she is on screen. And she's worked her ass off. That's good enough for me.

*Well, casual as a guy posting about wrasslin on Neogaf can be.

Naomi hasn't done anything but been around for years. She's an awful wrestler. I laughed at the "you deserve it chants". The new "this is awesome" chants.

She not even a 3 star work rate.

"but if I have no desire to see you in the ring it means nothing."

Cool. Guess what, you need fat guys squashing dudes. You need big dudes pounding on each other. You need spot monkeys. You need hot girls who are athletic who people like. You also need good mechanics in the ring. Diversity in the ring when it comes to skills, ability, and match style is a good thing. We don't need Sasha-Charlotte style matches every month. Or they get old.

Heroman

Banned
Cool. Guess what, you need fat guys squashing dudes. You need big dudes pounding on each other. You need spot monkeys. You need hot girls who are athletic who people like. You also need good mechanics in the ring. Diversity in the ring when it comes to skills, ability, and match style is a good thing. We don't need Sasha-Charlotte style matches every month. Or they get old.
What does that with anything with a bad wreslter being champ and if we got Sasha vs Charlotte tier matches no one would be complaining.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Post-Wrestlemania this year, what is everyone hoping WWE does for the call-ups? Draft a thing still? I hope there is no "draft" and WWE treats it like a "free agency period" with trades. Raw picks up Asuka and Tye Dillinger, Smackdown signs Nakamura and The Revival. Raw trades Cesaro to Smackdown for Dolph Ziggler. Shelton Benjamin finally debuts for Smackdown and Finn returns for Raw.

Post-Wrestlemania this year, what is everyone hoping WWE does for the call-ups? Draft a thing still? I hope there is no "draft" and WWE treats it like a "free agency period" with trades. Raw picks up Asuka and Tye Dillinger, Smackdown signs Nakamura and The Revival. Raw trades Cesaro to Smackdown for Dolph Ziggler. Shelton Benjamin finally debuts for Smackdown and Finn returns for Raw.

I'd imagine they'll keep the draft in the June/July timeframe. It makes the summer months more interesting.

ShadyK54

For me, it's the bolded. I think it would be a nice way to stir things up after Mania.

Toki767

Instead of constantly bringing up people to the main rosters, they honestly need to draft people like Apollo Crews back to NXT.

somedevil

I just wondering who gets Asuka. Smackdown makes sense since the main writer has worked with her. Her on Raw would be interesting with a more Vince oriented show.

Toki767

I just wondering who gets Asuka. Smackdown makes sense since the main writer has worked with her. Her on Raw would be interesting with a more Vince oriented show.

She should be on Smackdown because there are more dream matches against the women on Raw that they can play up on the cross brand events.

But that makes too much sense.

GunBR

With Joe going to Raw, I'm pretty sure that all the big drafts are going there. Nakamura, Asuka, The Revival, Tye.

Maybe SD can get Rusev and Zayn
(probably SD will get Bo Dallas and Darren Young)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nakamura to Smackdown, and give me all the AJ v Nakamura matches.

All of them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
AJ will probably go to RAW. There is nothing left for him on Smackdown.

if there are trades why are people shooting down my super samoan stable because they are on different brands?

gimme my heel samoan stable damn it! stupid Excelcior :(

Then change the story, make the not good wreslter not the champ and put someone better as the champ. And it not like this storyline is particularly good or exciting.

So, should Ricky Steamboat been champion instead of Hulk Hogan? Should Shelton Benjamin been champ in 2005 instead of Batista?

Nakamura to Smackdown, and give me all the AJ v Nakamura matches.

All of them.

Nakamura goes to RAW, Roman shows him Samoan Style is more powerful than Strong Style.

UberTag

You know what would've been way more interesting. If Harper had beaten Orton to set up a triple threat with Wyatt at Mania.
Would have also resulted in a better match. Harper could have made both guys look amazing. I mean, we're still going to get the inevitable run-in but it could have been much more interesting. Plus, imagine the shock if Harper were to have won that match after Orton won the Rumble and Bray won the title tonight.

That said, WWE fans don't ever get the interesting outcomes.

Heroman

Banned
So, should Ricky Steamboat been champion instead of Hulk Hogan? Should Shelton Benjamin been champ in 2005 instead of Batista?
All those guy aren't bad wreslter so I don't really care who is champ . So like what does this have to do with Namoi who is a bad wreslter being champ again? Cause like all of those dude are way way way way better than Naomi.

ReiGun

I'm guessing/hoping this year's callups are something like

Raw: #DIY (also good for the CW division if/when they break up), Almas, Asuka, Liv Morgan

SD: The Revival, Tye (dude would die a DEATH on Raw), Billie Kay and Peyton Royce, Nakamura

Trades would be Sasha, Zayn, and Finn in exchange for Becky, Ziggler, and Orton. There should probably be a tag team trade, but I can't think of one that makes sense. Breezango for Enzo and Cass?

On the off chance they call Bobby up this year, I'd say he goes to Raw (though arguably, his character is a better fit on Smackdown). Also, call up No Way Jose already. I don't care where he goes, but it's time.

hamsjams

Elimination Cube

C4gCx6CUMAAu3jN.jpg

Huh. I like the way the new chamber looks here. Gives me WCW vibes.

cordy

Banned
Not surprised that Wyatt is WWE Champion. You could see it coming.

The guy damn near stopped Bryan's God push before WM30 but the fans kept pushing for him. The guy had a WM Match with Cena of all people. The guy beat Chris Jericho in a feud. The guy beat Dean Ambrose in a feud. The guy had a very long feud resulting in a HIAC match with Reigns. The guy had another Taker (and Kane) feud. The guy was scheduled a Lesnar match had it not been for an injury. The guy was in a Rock segment at WM. They actually beat tag champs the New Day.

It's clear they value him. It was only a matter of time before he won the title.

Guys guys guys you have to checkout the LAW when it comes online in podcast form for a reader write in suggestion for Emmalina

Without spoiling all of it: Let's just say Emmalina

Pikma

Banned
lmao at Heroman being obsessed with workrate

But I guess it totally fits his hyperbolic agenda where everything has to be either the best or the worst because god forbid someone who hasn't put on a fighting spirit filled spotfest in front of 25 people wins a belt

I wonder how he even knows of the result, I thought he was too busy rewatching New Beginning instead of that WWE garbage🤔🤔🤔

DMczaf

I just have to say AJ's selling is the best in this business right now. It always looks legit and makes his opponent look great

Barrage

Work rate obsession is absolute trash.

Guys like Jake the Snake, Andre, Piper are all absolute legends in the industry because wrestling is not-and has never been-all about workrate.

Too much kowtowing to it mutates the performance.

Pikma

Banned
Logic would say Asuka goes to Smackdown because Raw already has Nia as their "monster heel"

Then again, that would be logical
No fucking way, the fact Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha are all on the same show is quite telling of how one sided the call ups are

Nakamura will end up on Raw too, they'll send the leftovers and a couple of part timers to Smackdown and call it a day

rrc1594

No fucking way, the fact Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha are all on the same show is quite telling of how one sided the call ups are

Nakamura will end up on Raw too, they'll send the leftovers and a couple of part timers to Smackdown and call it a day

And SD still is better how? I mean it's insane to me!

cordy

Banned

Guys like Jake the Snake, Andre, Piper are all absolute legends in the industry because wrestling is not-and has never been-all about workrate.

Yeah.

That's probably one reason why I didn't enjoy Okada/Omega as much as Meltzer and many others. I thought it was a great match but man I couldn't connect to it as much as some other stories because I'm not heavily invested in NJPW. I gotta get the story aspect.

Yes, you get get by with a subpar workrate if you are larger than life or two of the best ever on the mic

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah.

That's probably one reason why I didn't enjoy Okada/Omega as much as Meltzer and many others. I thought it was a great match but man I couldn't connect to it as much as some other stories because I'm not heavily invested in NJPW. I gotta get the story aspect.

but that's your fault, not okada/omega's

Top Bottom