• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

We're still on Harambe, brehs?

Edit: new page
tumblr_nbz3qdFLCz1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Pikma

Banned
I've always been wondering.

Do the non-English commentators have someone in their headset the way the English ones do?

They must sound incredible on commentary just by virtue of Vince not being in their ear.
Spanish commentary used to be good but then Hugo left

Nowadays it's the same as the english one, 100% scripted, most of it with the intention to make Roman look strong

They are still funny sometimes tho

Agreed. The other chants are just people being hype and, perhaps, overzealous. The "WHAT" chants do nothing but take away from the show.

Only Austin could make them work. And make them work he did.

"WHAT"

I said make them work

"WHAT"

Get them over!

"WHAT"

Make people love 'em!

"WHAT"

Get people to chant them!

"WHAT"

GET PEOPLE LOUD AND INVOLVED

ReiGun

Only Austin could make them work. And make them work he did.

"WHAT"

I said make them work

"WHAT"

Get them over!

"WHAT"

Make people love 'em!

"WHAT"

Get people to chant them!

"WHAT"

GET PEOPLE LOUD AND INVOLVED
WHAT!

I SAID GET PEOPLE INVOLVED BEFORE OLD STONE COLD COMES OVER THERE AND WHOOPS YOUR ASS!

*crowd cheers*

Austin was a master at working the crowd. Shame this particular creation has ruined so many promos.

Recall

The Chamber match was fun but Wyatt spent waaaaay to much time selling and laying about considering how the match went.

kirblar

The Chamber match was fun but Wyatt spent waaaaay to much time selling and laying about considering how the match went.
In multimman WWE ladder matches that's how you know who's gonna win-theyre the ones avoiding anything risky and sitting out most of the match.

Adree

The womens matches on the undercard weren't great but OT gets super gross about them even before they start.

Glad for Naomi though, give her a little something and see how she does.

Spooky jobber is the champ now? Hahahahaha. Wow. Cena's reign was completely pointless then? He basically had to get his heat back brother?

Boreton vs Wyatt for the title at Mania. Whhhhhy.

Spooky jobber is the champ now? Hahahahaha. Wow. Cena's reign was completely pointless then? He basically had to get his heat back brother?

Boreton vs Wyatt for the title at Mania. Whhhhhy.
This is what we deserve for reading dirtsheetz. They got 7 weeks to create a great build-up/ promos

The buildup for Orton vs Bray will be great, the whole Wyatt stuff's being awesome so far. Literally the only real problem people have with this is that those two are not perceived as top tier workers in the ring.

Toki767

Wyatt will probably beat Cena and Styles in a triple threat match on Smackdown in 2-3 weeks.

Either that or he'll squash Harper.

And convince the world (sorry, 'universe') that Wyatt is legit when he hasn't had a convincing win since Bryan at the Rumble a few years ago.

Dude Wyatt has been stupid protected since at least November:

Beat up Orton, then beat Orton (sure with help but that's part of the Wyatt family: power of by family)

Pinned Rollins and Reigns at Survivor Series, never ate a pin in either the loss of the tag titles to American Alpha or the rematch, and now just pinned both John Cena and AJ Styles without any help.

Adree

Nightclub management in Yakuza 0 is fun, they finally took the stuff they tried in 4 and made it fun to do. They should just make an elaborate version of this and sell it.

Recall

You've all already convinced yourself it will be the worst thing ever.

WWE's booking style isn't new, yet you all are perplexed by the same repetitive things. Instead of waiting for WWE to magically change why not just be open to what they present and how they present it, then once it is all done and dusted, then critic it?

Save the anger and fury until after Mania plays out? Then you can back up your concerns and worries over a storyline rather than flat out dismissing it from the get go.

WWE has been shit for so long that I'm genuinely surprised that people are still clinging to some weird hope that suddenly every match and angle they present is a classic.

Orton v Bray will play out how it will but I'm not going to shit on it before anything has happened yet.

Pikma

Banned
So you're saying there is a backstory based on past PPV results? Nice.
This story between Wyatt and Orton has been going since the first Smackdown after Summerslam

I doubt they had everything planned since then but it's nice that there has been continuity for once

Recall

There are loads of cool ways AJ Styles can find himself on the receiving end of an RKO or Sister Abigail so whomever wins the Mania match I hope AJ gets first dibs on a title challenge.

So you're saying there is a backstory based on past PPV results? Nice.

Yeah as Pikma says this story has been building for months and months.

This story between Wyatt and Orton has been going since the first Smackdown after Summerslam

I doubt they had everything planned since then but it's nice that there has been continuity for once

I certainly have an inclination that they knew at least as of Survivor Series because that result really didn't make a whole lot of sense at the time, literally everyone else in that match seemed to have a better shot at being the survivors.

Bray and Randy have had a story that I've been dying to see resolve for months now. That's more than I can say for just about anything else on Raw or (most of) SD right now.

Skeletos311

Backy vs Mickie - OK match. Dumb finish. There hasn't been enough buildup for the heel to lose.

Tag team elimination - Decent match. I don't want the Ascencion as champs, but the story would have made more sense that way. AA winning kind of takes heat away from the Usos. Who cares about the beatdown if they won anyway? Maybe the Usos should have been the last team.

Nattie vs Nikki - Pretty good, but doesn't solve anything. Now I guess Nikki will feud with Maryse because she spilled her cocaine everywhere? LOL I guess it'll just be Nattie and Nikki again for now.

Bliss vs Naomi - Pretty good. Naomi actually did OK. Bliss pulled out some moves and looked really hawt.

Luke Harper vs Orton - Good match. Luke Harper could totally be in the main event scene if they gave a fuck about him. He proved it tonight.

Elsworth and Carmella segments were brutal. Elsworth can't even act like he's choking on a cracker right. What is the payoff to their relatioship anyway? Is Carmella hoping to get some money out of him? This is so dumb.

Haven't watched the Hell in a Cell match yet. /Mauro

nSG2Joz.jpg

NJPW, "TOGI MAKABE 20th ANNIVERSARY", 2017/02/21
Korakuen Hall

1. Henare vs Tomoyuki Oka
2. Jado & Gedo vs TAKA Michinoku & El Desperado
3. Katsuyori Shibata, Yuji Nagata, Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Takashi Iizuka & Taichi
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, KUSHIDA, Ryusuke Taguchi & David Finlay vs Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI
5. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Manabu Nakanishi vs Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
6. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano

ROH/NJPW, "HONOR RISING", 2017/02/26
Korakuen Hall

1. KUSHIDA, Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs Silas Young, Jado & Gedo
2. Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask & Delirious vs SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI
3. Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
4. War Machine vs The Young Bucks
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dalton Castle & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & Punisher Martinez
6. Katsuyori Shibata & Jay Lethal vs Cody & Hangman Page
7. The Briscoe Brothers vs Kenny Omega & Adam Cole

ROH/NJPW, "HONOR RISING", 2017/02/27
Korakuen Hall

1. KUSHIDA, David Finlay & Henare vs Silas Young, Jado & Gedo
2. Jushin Liger, Dalton Castle, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi & Delirious vs Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI
3. War Machine vs Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jay Lethal & Juice Robinson vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman Page
5. NEVER Openweight Title: Hirooki Goto (c) vs Punisher Martinez
6. ROH World Title: Adam Cole (c) vs YOSHI-HASHI
7. Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay & The Briscoe Brothers vs Kenny Omega, Cody & The Young Bucks

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN ROAD", 2017/03/01
Korakuen Hall

. Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs Tiger Mask W & Tiger Mask

NJPW, "45th Anniversary Memorial", 2017/03/06
Ota Ward Gymnasium

. Kazuchika Okada vs Tiger Mask W

Top Bottom