• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Rimfya

Banned
There was a way to make the Tag nonsense work. When the Usos walked off and bumped the Ascension they should've destroyed the Ascension on the ramp, fed them to AA with a "See you at Wrestlemania" point. Ascension needlessly dug from their grave and freshly buried.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
WHAT

He's so fucking good

what streaming services do you have?

Just the network, I'll look up some of his stuff on youtube.

EDIT: Watching random match against Cody Rhodes and at least he doesn't call himself "Deep Waters" anymore.

EDIT 2: Nevermind the commentator just called him Deep Waters.

Riddle vs TJP;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNNtQ2YDv1I

Cody is garbage.

Hello can anyone tell me who "Punisher Martinez" is and why does he have a singles match against Goto.

He's fairly green, this will undoubtedly be the biggest match of his career - ROH signed him after last year's top prospect tournament, where he lost to Lio Rush in the semi-finals. Since then he's been teaming with BJ Whitmer, but no one saw any of it because it was on ROH TV. Interested to see how well he does here, kinda been thrown in at the deep end - I guess either ROH see a lot of promise in him, or it's indicative of how depleted their roster is these days.

They're actually going with Tiger Mask W and not Ibushi? LMAO.

Hope this leads to a Mr. America type thing where Omega is the only person who recognises him.

gun_haver

Just watched Elimination Chamber. Wasn't spoiled for the results for the first time, possibly ever, and that's definitely the way to watch. Forget rumours, booking odds or whatever Meltzer has to say about upcoming plans (although I'm interested in hearing behind the scenes stuff from recent events).

So the two things were:

- I was surprised and happy to see Naomi win the title. Regardless of what some people say, she's one of the best female wrestlers in the company and has been for a while. I have absolutely no idea why people are down on her, except for a few gimmick things, but let's be fair, pretty much all of the female wrestlers have shitty gimmicks. At leat Naomi's entrance is fun to watch. Sure she botches here and there but that's because she's got a varied and athetically impressive moveset. Really wasn't expecting her to win, so that was a nice moment.

- I actually was spoiled for the Wyatt win, not as in 'he's definitely winning this match', but a few weeks ago I heard the 'rumour' that Wyatt v Orton was supposed to be the WWE title match for mania, so I saw it coming and felt nothing. Had I not heard that, I might've been intrigued by the result. Even so, good to see a new champion. Glad AJ stayed in the match the longest.

Show was okay overall, kind of boring though. They need to sort out that tag division and properly develop the midcard.

klonere

Banned
C4ih2MtWcAAyMJm.jpg

Riddle vs TJP;

He's fairly green, this will undoubtedly be the biggest match of his career - ROH signed him after last year's top prospect tournament, where he lost to Lio Rush in the semi-finals. Since then he's been teaming with BJ Whitmer, but no one saw any of it because it was on ROH TV. Interested to see how well he does here, kinda been thrown in at the deep end - I guess either ROH see a lot of promise in him, or it's indicative of how depleted their roster is these days.

This is not installing confidence in me.

This is not installing confidence in me.

I don't think there's anything particularly confidence boosting about those ROH shows. Good example of what an absolute state the promotion's in, though.

Also, just think how much better those cards would be with the talent ROH let slip through their fingers this past year - Lio Rush, Donovan Dijak, Keith Lee, Jason Kincaid, ACH, etc.

I don't think there's anything particularly confidence boosting about those ROH shows. Good example of what an absolute state the promotion's in, though.

Also, just think how much better those cards would be with the talent ROH let slip through their fingers this past year - Lio Rush, Donovan Dijak, Keith Lee, Jason Kincaid, ACH, etc.

hold the fuck up

marty scurll is your TV champion

AND YOU STILL CAN'T GET HIM ON A FUCKING JAPAN CARD

STATE OF YOU ROH

Notice that Delirious always makes sure he's wrestling whenever they tour Japan. Now there's a gimmick that was played out a decade ago, let alone in 2017.

Alexa. :(

Ah well, good for Naomi.

AJ is too f**king good not to be involved with something major at WM. I really hope they do something with him, he deserves it.

Probably one of the most over, relevant and biggest draws in the company when it comes to Wrestlingmania.

That is kinda true.

Sports entertainment mania is always about spectacle. Maybe a lot of people like us would rather see a 30 minute match of AJ vs Nakamura or whatever, and wrestling someone like Shane who isn't a good wrestler is kind of disappointing, to most of WWE's fans it is probably a pretty big thing.

Are we expected to just accept that neither Cena or AJ get their rematches before Mania? Make it a fatal four way at Mania. It frees up more room on the card, and would be better than the forecasted AJ/Shane and Orton/Bray.

Let Miz continue to go off on DBry to the point where Shane has to step in between them, and set up that match. Story wise, it makes a lot more sense - dude has been angry at how the show has been run for months. AJ has been angry at them like, one time.

Heroman

Banned
because he's a professional?

because he wanted to?

because he was asked to?

because he did even stupider shit in TNA and this is a far grander stage than that?

I just don't want the man to kill himself, doing spots he doesn't have to do.

Are we expected to just accept that neither Cena or AJ get their rematches before Mania? Make it a fatal four way at Mania. It frees up more room on the card, and would be better than the forecasted AJ/Shane and Orton/Bray.

Let Miz continue to go off on DBry to the point where Shane has to step in between them, and set up that match. Story wise, it makes a lot more sense - dude has been angry at how the show has been run for months. AJ has been angry at them like, one time.
None of this is going to happen

Hasney

Why won't Cena get a rematch? Can always have him to the job to Wyatt after Orton interferes.

Beefy

That was a great Chamber. OT thread got real annoying with all the people crying about padding though.

I didn't like the padding and felt it took away from how dangerous they kept saying the EC was. The worst thing was the untagged spoilers.

Edit:

Harper's weird moving wood entrance was the worst.

I like Naomi and I'm happy for her but I don't think she's that great in the ring. She has a few cool moves but that's it.

Regardless I'm still insanely happy for her and think that her going into her hometown as champ is sweet.

I like Naomi and I'm happy for her but I don't think she's that great in the ring. She has a few cool moves but that's it.

Regardless I'm still insanely happy for her and think that her going into her hometown as champ is sweet.
There's still 7 weeks into Mania and Vince is insane. I can sadly see her dropping it the week before just for vince to get a giggle. I'm looking forward to her entrance with the belt Tuesday.

Heroman

Banned
I didn't like the padding and felt it took away from how dangerous they kept saying the EC was. The worst thing was the untagged spoilers.

Edit:

Harper's weird moving wood entrance was the worst.
Wasn't the old EC outside ring steel or something?

Top Bottom