• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Hasney

I didn't like the padding and felt it took away from how dangerous they kept saying the EC was. The worst thing was the untagged spoilers.

Edit:

Harper's weird moving wood entrance was the worst.

They should probably replace wrestling rings with concrete tbh.

They need to stop pointing at the fucking WM sign its stupid

It's as big a part of WrestleMania season as Fastlane, brother:
tumblr_mjpr4uPQnF1roxry1o1_500.jpg

With a Raw PPV next month and a questionable build to Mania, this seems like the perfect time to cancel the sub and see how things go.

Edit: Just cancelled and it was set to renew tomorrow. Whew!

I kept it to watch AJ in the chamber, but now that that's done it's easier to bail. Plus, NJPW basically keeps me fed these days.

I feel the same way. I will let my network subscription lapse after today. I stopped watching around Alexa vs Naomi. Felt bad about missing Harper because I love that guy but nothing made me care before that and I had other stuff I wanted to do.

DDT Universe has also been fun and gives a free month but it can be pretty fucking painful to navigate. Stardom is awesome too. Over the last 6 months or so Stardom has had a lot of insanely good matches.

Menome

The Strokes said:
3.-Beefy pinned Menone with his finisher I guess. Crowd was not into it after the relatively good match that preceded this one. A lot of heat for Menone, seems like the Disaster gimmick might get him to some places as a heel as there seemed to be a particularly good heat going around. Beefy will need to step up as he didn’t seem to get any reaction… at all. ** ½

So that's 2 1/2 stars for me and 2 1/12 stars for Beefy. Add them both together and you get a five-star match.

Caderfix

So Goldberg is going to squash Owens. Wonder how they will handle it

KO will last longer than Brock and will actually be able to land a few hits thanks to the power of friendship, but Goldberg will no sell and spear both him and Jericho.

Basically, same thing as always, the past is always much better then the present and future.

It should be archived here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121655789

Dont know how much is muted due to copyrights though

Thanks!

Sephzilla

So the NES Classic is apparently getting EOL'd just as the Switch is about to come out.

Yeah, that NES Classic shortage totally wasn't a manufactured shortage intended to get Nintendo's name out there again before Switch released.

I feel like Brock and/or Finn will interfere in Owens v Goldberg.

Also, I've really come to love Goldberg beating up Lesnar and leaving lol.

I wonder if Roman or Brawn squashed Owens if we would have another Bryan situation.

It's pretty hilarious that Goldberg is the biggest star in WWE. Vince having to turn to WCW for ticket sales is some great Irony

I care less about Wyatt than I do about Orton, and give less than a shit about Orton.
I skipped the "ruthless aggression" era of WWE, so this is going to be my first skippable WM main event. I just don't care.

Which reminds me - the best part of skipping that era is being told or watching what positions the current roster were in back then. It's outlandish as hell. John Cena vs The Miz was a WM main event? Are you kidding?
The worst thing about that era for me being those Rock vs Cena matches/promos. Such awful promos. It's just all around really embarrassing for both.
When I say yabba, you say dabba.
Fuck me.

By the way, I'd appreciate if anyone explained to me why Orton's second rope ddt is supposed to be more devastating than a regular ddt.
Seems kind of pointless to put them in that position to me.

Sephzilla

I thought Elimination Chamber was pretty good, honestly. The only real complaint I have was Miz getting eliminated after literally one move was done on him.

Caderfix

I wonder if Roman or Brawn squashed Owens if we would have another Bryan situation.

It's pretty hilarious that Goldberg is the biggest star in WWE. Vince having to turn to WCW for ticket sales is some great Irony

I went back and watched a bunch of Bryan stuff, but I don't remember him having a lot of mic time and his title reigns were never big. KO is being booked pretty badly, but he's not being sabotaged as bad as Bryan was.

EDIT: And even though I LOVE KO, I don't think he would be able to pull what Bryan did. Any time Bryan is on I have the impression he's the nicest person ever, he's got something that I feel is similar to Foley, both are just lovable at all times and I want to see them succeed.

Mahonay

Banned
I went back and watched a bunch of Bryan stuff, but I don't remember him having a lot of mic time and his title reigns were never big. KO is being booked pretty badly, but he's not being sabotaged as bad as Bryan was.

EDIT: And even though I LOVE KO, I don't think he would be able to pull what Bryan did. Any time Bryan is on I have the impression he's the nicest person ever, he's got something that I feel is similar to Foley, both are just lovable at all times and I want to see them succeed.
KO is also an extremely nice person in real life. Dude is an amazing dad.

Caderfix

I know that, and I really like the dude, but I'm talking about the "aura", you know? Even without knowing anything about Bryan, you'd be able see how passionate and nice he looks, and that is something very rare.

I wouldn't call him extremely nice. Definitely not someone who takes shit from anyone I get the impression of. He's probably kinda like Randy Orton or CM Punk, if you're respectful he'll be nice, but give the man some space.

Caderfix

I wouldn't call him extremely nice. Definitely not someone who takes shit from anyone I get the impression of. He's probably kinda like Randy Orton or CM Punk, if you're respectful he'll be nice, but give the man some space.

Well, Bryan almost got into an actual fight with HHH after Hunter ended one of Bryan's matches early, after the guy suffered a stinger that made him unable to move one of his arms. I don't think anyone is nice to the point of letting people walk over them in the roster.

I would guess Okada vs.
Ibushi
TMW will lead into a future episode of the anime. The matches of him vs. Red Death Mask and vs. Tiger the Dark both aired on the show the same week they happened in real life, so I would guess there's an upcoming match between them on the show (which has been building for a while)

I would guess Okada vs.
Ibushi
TMW will lead into a future episode of the anime. The matches of him vs. Red Death Mask and vs. Tiger the Dark both aired on the show the same week they happened in real life, so I would guess there's an upcoming match between them on the show (which has been building for a while)

Is the anime any good?

Mahonay

Banned
KO is known not to really take shit from anyone, but he just seems like a dude that won't let people walk all over him.

I'm so sorry to read that, rice :(
In case you're serious, I'm just kidding

100% not serious.

He does seem like a nice guy though. I don't think permasmile is a gimmick, it's just who he is. I can't imagine him being a dick to anyone. That video of him and Tozawa shedding man tears was endearing.

But totally not my favorite wrestler, at all.

Is the anime any good?

It's hit or miss. The animation isn't great, and it kind of falls into the same trappings of a show like Hulk Hogan's Rock and Wrestling where wrestling is treated as a total shoot, brother, and usually there's comically childish plots surrounding the matches.

For example, in the latest episode,
Makabe, Honma, and Tiger Mask go searching around town for sweets, but they are sold out at every turn. Eventually, they find out the perpetrators are the Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, and Tama Tonga) who have been buying out the sweets fans recommend on Makabe's blog to throw them off before their six-man match later. When the match starts, Makabe is depressed because he didn't get any sweets, but then it's revealed the winner of the match gets all of the sweets in town. Makabe hulks up, and helps his team win the match.

There are some hilarious moments if you read between the lines. For example, in one episode
Tanahashi dons a mask as "It's The Ace" to compete with Tiger Mask in masked wrestler tournament. Before his match with Yellow Devil (the main villain of the show) he blows out his shoulder, but in true Cenahashi fashion still won't lose clean, as he gets caught in a submission and only loses when his corner man, Ryu Wakamatsu (a young lion made up for the show) throws in the towel.

Sephzilla

Jeezus, I'm trying to put together a card for the first GWF Show and I'm realizing the GWF Championship Rumble is going to be stacked.

I'm also debating on whether or not I should enter my wrestler into the rumble. Because I'll have inescapable heat if WWE2k17 would somehow make him the winner.

Jeezus, I'm trying to put together a card for the first GWF Show and I'm realizing the GWF Championship Rumble is going to be stacked.

I'm also debating on whether or not I should enter my wrestler into the rumble. Because I'll have inescapable heat if WWE2k17 would somehow make him the winner.

Seph Gagnee

"I deserve it"

Caderfix

Enter the rumble, it's gonna be fine if you win, unless you give your av max stats. Then the audience will have to hijack the show.

Top Bottom