• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Don't try to protect yourself Seph, get into the rumble, you ain't winning regardless.

It's hit or miss. The animation isn't great, and it kind of falls into the same trappings of a show like Hulk Hogan's Rock and Wrestling where wrestling is treated as a total shoot, brother, and usually there's comically childish plots surrounding the matches.

For example, in the latest episode,
Makabe, Honma, and Tiger Mask go searching around town for sweets, but they are sold out at every turn. Eventually, they find out the perpetrators are the Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, and Tama Tonga) who have been buying out the sweets fans recommend on Makabe's blog to throw them off before their six-man match later. When the match starts, Makabe is depressed because he didn't get any sweets, but then it's revealed the winner of the match gets all of the sweets in town. Makabe hulks up, and helps his team win the match.

There are some hilarious moments if you read between the lines. For example, in one episode
Tanahashi dons a mask as "It's The Ace" to compete with Tiger Mask in masked wrestler tournament. Before his match with Yellow Devil (the main villain of the show) he blows out his shoulder, but in true Cenahashi fashion still won't lose clean, as he gets caught in a submission and only loses when his corner man, Ryu Wakamatsu (a young lion made up for the show) throws in the towel.

Seems like I'll be into it, tbh. I'll check it out since I think it's on Crunchy, thanks!

Sephzilla

I'm already confirming one match for the first proper GWF show. Due to it testing relatively well at our previous house show - Sephzilla vs Zach will happen at GWF 1 [name pending] and it will be an Extreme Rules match.

I gotta give Zach a chance to make up for me kicking out of his finisher 4 goddamn times

I'm already confirming one match for the first proper GWF show. Due to it testing relatively well at our previous house show - Sephzilla vs Zach will happen at GWF 1 [name pending] and it will be an Extreme Rules match.

I gotta give Zach a chance to make up for me kicking out of his finisher 4 goddamn times

Just call it GWF: New Game

also will anyone run the blade and bleed for the business in this match?

Tall4Life

inb4 he gives you a Zachy-to-Zachy on a chair and you still kick out

Shadow780

Becky is approaching Dean level in terms of match quality right now, can't watch a Becky match without skipping ahead.

Charlotte is Roman Reigns except she's actually booked as a heel.

Sasha is Rollins, smarks favorite and having a mediocre face run.

Bayley? Bayley sucks.

Zach

Jeezus, I'm trying to put together a card for the first GWF Show and I'm realizing the GWF Championship Rumble is going to be stacked.

I'm also debating on whether or not I should enter my wrestler into the rumble. Because I'll have inescapable heat if WWE2k17 would somehow make him the winner.

Of course you're in the Tussle. If you somehow win, we'll just be off to the perpetual-heel-authority-angle races.

Zach

OH MY GODDD.

Sephzilla

OH MY GODDD.

If it makes you feel any better my sources are telling me that Sephzilla will get a random wellness test tonight

Becky is approaching Dean level in terms of match quality right now, can't watch a Becky match without skipping ahead.

Charlotte is Roman Reigns except she's actually booked as a heel.

Sasha is Rollins, smarks favorite and having a mediocre face run.

Bayley? Bayley sucks.

i'm finding myself in agreement with this

Seems like I'll be into it, tbh. I'll check it out since I think it's on Crunchy, thanks!

Yeah, it's on Crunchy, that's where I watch it. It's silly and stupid, but if you're into NJPW it's really a lot of fun. The GWM basically being WWE in every way shape or form is pretty hilarious, and they even have their own Charlotte and Becky Lynch!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Poor Zach getting buried by typical WWE underdog booking

generally don't make this joke,
triggering is a real thing and the usual jokers about it are shitlords and fuck that h3h3 gif
but

C4jTqN7WQAAMDS_.jpg:small
I'm triggered

hope riddle kills him

klonere

Banned

Brother, putting yourself over as the promoter is a time honored tradition. You'll follow in the footsteps of the greats like Rhodes, Gagne, McMahon and Johnson.

#RoboCop4Champ

Zach

If it makes you feel any better my sources are telling me that Sephzilla will get a random wellness test tonight

Hey, whatever works. I ain't complainin'. My suggestion from before was dropping EVERYONE'S stamina/durability/recovery/whatever stats. Maybe there'd be more selling/less kicking out of finishers. But whatever you want to do. I know it's a pain with that loading.

Professor Beef made the front page of reddit. He posted this jean jacket his mom made:

Adorable.

klonere

Banned
generally don't make this joke,
triggering is a real thing and the usual jokers about it are shitlords and fuck that h3h3 gif
but

I'm triggered

hope riddle kills him

I have Bodom in 13 with a shitty rollup.

Nah Riddle will beat the shit out of him

The Booker putting himself in a match?

SepHHH strikes again.

Sephzilla

Man, if I'm getting heat for simply putting myself in a match imagine how hot you will all be when I eventually put myself in a championship match

0rGpHyK.jpg

Smackdown have ruined their tag division by making AA so strong. Last night was basically the nail in the coffin that they can't be beat by anyone currently on the roster so why the fuck should we care at all.

That was also some Roman levels of overcoming the odds by the two.

Striker

I care less about Wyatt than I do about Orton, and give less than a shit about Orton.
I skipped the "ruthless aggression" era of WWE, so this is going to be my first skippable WM main event. I just don't care.

Which reminds me - the best part of skipping that era is being told or watching what positions the current roster were in back then. It's outlandish as hell. John Cena vs The Miz was a WM main event? Are you kidding?
The worst thing about that era for me being those Rock vs Cena matches/promos. Such awful promos. It's just all around really embarrassing for both.
When I say yabba, you say dabba.
Fuck me..
Ruthless Aggression Era ended in... 2007? Roughly around then, because they shifted to a PG product after the Benoit incident. Even then, RE era felt more in its 'peak' from 2002-2004.

Smackdown was superb. Raw was not, partially in part to someone hogging the main event and thinking he's Harley Race.

Bray cleanly pinned Cena!

Bray and Ambrose are both people who should have had a trigger pulled on them in 2014. Ambrose's ring work was good with the Seth feud and he was highly over and looked in good shape.

But Bray just had to feud with Cena.

Which reminds me - the best part of skipping that era is being told or watching what positions the current roster were in back then. It's outlandish as hell. John Cena vs The Miz was a WM main event? Are you kidding?
Unlike this year, where they'll be in a mixed tag match that's just one of the many main events right

Sephzilla

Holy shit, that glitch during the MITB match, I was in fucking stitches..

Is it too late to get in on this shit?

I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe for a bit during that spot.

I'm keeping registration open. But note there's a potential you might not make it onto the first show at this point.

Joe vs Owens happened in NXT and honestly it kind of sucked

EDIT: Also I'm gonna bring this over into the February OT

Ladies and Gentlemen, the GAF WRESTLING FEDERATION is back!

What is the GWF?
WrassleGAF members compete in simulated matches in WWE 2k17. It's a fake wrestling, only faker. It's purely for fun and something we can all laugh about.

How do I enter?
Send me, Sephzilla, a PM with the following information. Then I will create a wrestler NeoGAF Sports Entertainer in game for you. Just be warned that I might take a few creative liberties with your appearance and entrance. Also, I'm going to try to keep movesets mostly simply (aka, mostly movesets of existing wrestlers), because otherwise it will take an eternity to make everyone.
-- Who's your favorite wrestler. This will help me determine what your wrestler's move set will be. I'd probably prefer if you name an active one though. Preferably a WWE one too. Just because it makes assigning moves easier for me. But if you hate making it easy for me, name some obscure guy.​
-- What is your finishing move?​
-- Do you want to be a face (good guy) or heel (bad guy)? Note: This can change over time​
-- What is your GAF avatar? This will help with what your appearance will be​
-- Any other miscellaneous information you want included, like if you want to tag team with someone​

Is anything else involved?
Beyond entering? No. Just show up to watch! Maybe have some fun little smack talk too.

Where will we be able to watch this?
On Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/sephzilla
There will likely be Youtube archives as well

Can I tune in even if I'm not in it?
Absolutely. We need to see who's actually a draw around here!

When will we be able to watch this?
I'm tentatively planning on this being a once a month event type deal. Doing it weekly might ruin the novelty of it, plus there's already enough weekly wrestling to watch. I'll let you know when the first GWF show will happen and then we'll go from there.

How are matches/booking determined?
Any joking smack talk between GAF members could provoke a match at a GWF Special Event! I don't have influence over how WWE 2k17's shitty AI works, so the winner/losers are random and unpredictable.

Misc. Information
I'm probably going to cap the size of GWF to 20 or so people, at least for now, because if it gets too big it might get hard to manage. I'm going to take overflow entrants though, so fear not. Also, I don't mean to sound exclusive, but I'm probably going to give preference towards WrassleGAF members who post more frequently versus lurkers when it comes to making the roster. Consider that incentive to post more! We're good people!

Should I take this stuff seriously?
No, this is for fun!

After the Nexus concrete thing the worst case of Super Cena bouncing back after the odds was that I Quit Match where 90% of the match is The Miz and Alex Riley beating Cena up with all sorts of weapons and the type of trauma that would kill a normal man but he refuses to give in and then later after like one AA makes Miz quit with the STF.

Beefy

How many caws have you done Seph?

After the Nexus concrete thing the worst case of Super Cena bouncing back after the odds was that I Quit Match where 90% of the match is The Miz and Alex Riley beating Cena up with all sorts of weapons and the type of trauma that would kill a normal man but he refuses to give in and then later after like one AA makes Miz quit with the STF.

New Cena is actually ok, Roman is old Cena

Striker

The Ruthless Aggression era died kind of quickly after Benoit. While I miss aspects of that era, I don't necessarily miss how gruesome some of the matches got. Like, look at how bloody Cena was after this match

https://escobar300.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/cena-bloody.jpg

This is when even I said "ok, everyone gigging all time time is getting excessive"

http://i.imgur.com/nGRLWQg.png

That was 2008, which ended the blood. Another is you don't see those controversial gimmicks either.

klonere

Banned
I generally love blood when it used in a match (outside of the deathmatch context) but Imissed the heyday of the 80s JCP bloodbaths and the mid 00s excess in the WWE. So the few times I do see blood in as part of a contest, it really feels special.

I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe for a bit during that spot.

I'm keeping registration open. But note there's a potential you might not make it onto the first show at this point.

You did get my reg right?

Top Bottom