• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Zach

zYzul3a.png

Wait, what's going on here? Hold on, man! What are you doing? Listen to me -- day one, man, when I set my eyes on you, brother! You're the reason I got in professional entertainment! You were like a god to me, a role model! You're the one that took me from nothing to the world's title! You're the one that taught me about respect for the lurkers, about helping the posters, good sports-entertainment-ship, you set the mould for me to follow, man! When I won the world title, you poured champagne over my head! It was like a bond of friendship! No, Kornflayx, it's not happening! Tell me it's not so, man! Kornflayx, please, man! It's not happening! We're friends, Kornflayz, please!

@LuchaElRey
Dorian Roldán, GM of Lucha Libre FMV, has confirmed that seasons one & two of #LuchaUnderground will be available on Netflix Spring of 2017

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The SmackDown women's title scene looks pretty dire for WrestleMania. I'm happy for Naomi (I am), but she isn't anywhere near ready to put on a WM-level title match and frankly, neither is Alexa if they don't do a rematch before then.

They probably should have stuck the title on Mickie James and saved a Becky Lynch match for WM.

Hasney

The SmackDown women's title scene looks pretty dire for WrestleMania. I'm happy for Naomi (I am), but she isn't anywhere near ready to put on a WM-level title match and frankly, neither is Alexa if they don't do a rematch before then.

They probably should have stuck the title on Mickie James and saved a Becky Lynch match for WM.

Please, it'll be on the pre show anyway. Probably still out on a better match than Goldberg/Lesnar and Roman/Taker since I'd rather have a fast paced match with some botches than lumbering old men and Superman punches.

They'll do a pre show tag match.

It'll likely be a multi woman match. Becky vs Naomi vs Mickie vs Alexa with maybe Natalya and Carmella tossed in. I can't see a ladder match happening though.

It's likely a fatal four way

And yes, that will be the second women's title defended in a four way at Mania.

Terrific card, can't imagine complaints, a++++++++++++++++

Beefy

Wrestlemania looks pretty dire for Wrestlemania

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN…

I always thought Nia Jax's music said "I'm not a monster" and not "I'm not like most girls." Which is too bad since "I'm not a monster" describes Nia Jax's booking problems perfectly.

Fantomex

anyone know what those WWE live road to wrestlemania shows are? Once coming up in Long Beach, which is not your typical marquee venue.

Not gonna lie, the only shit slated for Mania I give a fuck about is Styles v Shane cuz at least they'll both take some silly bumps and it will be an entertaining shit show. Fuck work rate give me ludicrous shit.

Angry Grimace

anyone know what those WWE live road to wrestlemania shows are? Once coming up in Long Beach, which is not your typical marquee venue.

WWE house shows can't fill marquee venues they sell like 4000 tickets

Just wondering .. any reasons for the Z-Man avatars?
1989 was another important year for Tom Zenk. He returned to the AWA in February 1989, narrowly losing the vacant AWA Heavyweight title to Larry Zbyszko in a Battle Royal in St. Paul, Minnesota, February 7, 1989. Zbyszko's promotion to this title - particularly as a result of a battle royal - was not a popular one at a time when AWA was struggling to attract the fans. Tom pursued the title in a series of matches with Zbyszko - always ending in controversy ("Sometimes it seems the only way to win is to cheat"). In the end, with no sign of the bookers dislodging Gagne's son-in-law (Zbyszko) or son (Greg Gagne), Tom left the AWA in mid 1989 for the NWA ("It's nothing against the AWA, but as long as Zbyszko's champion, nobody's gonna get a fair shot"). The NWA had been acquired by Turner Broadcasting in 1988 and was fast becoming a major national franchise.
Tom Zenk was on the eve of one of the best years to date in his wrestling career.

Angry Grimace

Orton/Bray seems like it will be neat, if just to see Bray Wyatt actually get a huge WM spot at WM. Regardless of what happens I do not expect Brock/Goldberg to main event. It's simple logistics: Goldberg can't go for WM Main Event length.

Goldberg winning the Universal Title seems like a HORRIBLE idea too. Post WM is not Lesnar's fishing season. Assuming he's booked to win the match, giving him the belt and having it disappear from the show for 5 months is the worst fucking idea ever. The only reason they got away with it the first time was that they treated the MITB case like it was the belt and treated Rollins as though he was the actual champion.

Top Bottom