• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

3flippyshit5me
You got your Yakuza(Ricochet vs Ospreay) vs my No More Heroes (Austin/Bret) at GWF

Pffft. I'm a fringe player, I'm biding my time at the other promotions because Stephzilla isn't offering the right contracts for what I'm worth. The GWF will have to languish without me until they give me what's coming to me.

Anyone who wants to fight for Yakuza in the Fed until my glorious arrival will be well rewarded, you can balee dat.

Also back to current wrasslin' I really want Bray to get the win at Mania, I swear the dude doesn't win there.

Heroman

Banned
Pffft. I'm a fringe player, I'm biding my time at the other promotions because Stephzilla isn't offering the right contracts for what I'm worth. The GWF will have to languish without me until they give me what's coming to me.

Anyone who wants to fight for Yakuza in the Fed until my glorious arrival will be well rewarded, you can balee dat.
Who the fook are you?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You guys drove the GWF meme into the ground as quickly as you could, huh? Although I can't say I'm surprised because you know, WrassleGAF gonna WrassleGAF.

Beefy

I'm extremely excited for Bray/Orton and Roman/Taker.

tenor.gif

Who the fook are you?

One of those part timers you marks seem pretty jealous of.

I'm not the most hardcore fan so I don't really post much in this thread. Hard to grab that brass ring with so many greasy palms clawing around. The GWF's inaugural ladder match was an entertaining event I hope to see more of in the future.

Zach

You guys drove the Angry Grimace meme into the Angry Grimace as quickly as you could, huh? Although I can't say I'm Angry Grimace because you know, Angry Grimace gonna Angry Grimace.

MG310

Marty Scurll vs. Sonjay Dutt at the ROH Manhattan show.

huh.

Other than that so far it's

Adam Cole vs. Bobby Fish
Ospreay vs. Dragon Lee
Lio Rush/Jay White vs. Young Bucks

Toki767

Really curious how long Mania is supposed to be this year. This is the card I imagine:

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
HHH vs Rollins
Owens vs Jericho
Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha vs Nia Jax
Raw Tag Title match
Orton vs Wyatt
Styles vs Shane
Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse
IC title match
Smackdown Women's Title match
Smackdown Tag Title match
Battle Royale
Shaq vs Big Show?

That's 13, possibly 14 matches at the least. Seems insane.

Last year only had 12 including the pre-show matches.

And it seems like a waste for Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman to simply just be in the Battle Royale.

Beefy

Really curious how long Mania is supposed to be this year. This is the card I imagine:

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
HHH vs Rollins
Owens vs Jericho
Raw Tag Title match
Orton vs Wyatt
Styles vs Shane
Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse
IC title match
Battle Royale
Shaq vs Big Show?

And it seems like a waste for Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman to simply just be in the Battle Royale.
Shaq vs Show is happening. Show keeps calling him out on Twitter.

I haven't really seen much of what he's done (namely because nothing he's done seems to be setting the world on fire) but I think it's safe to say Cody Rhodes is not going to be returning to WWE anytime soon to receive a huge push. Which is a shame since when he first got released I thought a year or so with some good matches might help him out.

I think Braun is definitely winning the battle royale.

Is Seth for sure going to be cleared to do a long singles match with Triple H? Cause to me it seems like if Balor is ready the best move would be to do Seth/Finn vs Triple H/Joe.

Beefy

Hmmm, interesting. I could see Roode retaining. Nakamura moving to the main roster but Ohno and Roode feud until Brooklyn III where Ohno wins.

I was more jokng. I can see what you said happening, Nakamura will move to Raw, Roode to Smackdown in a few months.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
HHH vs Rollins
Owens vs Jericho
Raw Tag Title match
Orton vs Wyatt
Styles vs Shane
Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse
IC title match
Battle Royale
Shaq vs Big Show?

I'm guessing the IC match is Corbin-Ambrose, maybe with Ziggler thrown in the mix so Ambrose can be a hero and overcome the odds.

Don't forget at least 3 of those matches are pre-show and some of them are gimmick matches. They should probably condense the Tag Team matches into a dual branded thing - Raw Tag Champs v. SD Tag Champs. SD has absolutely nothing on the tag side and American Alpha just beat the entire fucking roster of tag teams. Battle Royale can be the same gimmick shit except New Day can get an entrance and special Kofi Kingston doesn't get eliminated moment.

Barrage

There is no guarantee that the Smackdown tag will have their own match. I'd expect American Alpha to have a good showing in AMBAR before that.

I would also expect a Cruiser match at some point.

Fantomex

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
HHH vs Rollins
Owens vs Jericho
Raw Tag Title match
Orton vs Wyatt
Styles vs Shane
Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse
IC title match
Battle Royale
Shaq vs Big Show?

Don't forget the special appearance by the Rock.
4 of those matches will be on the PRE PRE show!

Toki767

There is no guarantee that the Smackdown tag will have their own match. I'd expect American Alpha to have a good showing in AMBAR before that.

I would also expect a Cruiser match at some point.

Even if you replaced the Smackdown tag titles with a Cruiserweight title match, that's still 14 matches. 2 more matches than last year's 6 and a half hour slog.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why are you guys still counting on Hunter v Rollins? Did some news break that the injury wasnt as bad?

korly

Remember the intro video for Wrestlemania XIX where people all over the world were watching Wrestlemania on TVs in public places? At one point there were a bunch of cattle rustlers sitting around a campfire cooking beans out of a can and watching Wrestlemania on a 19 inch TV that couldn't possibly have been plugged into power, much less a cable box.

Last night I was driving home from work and I Bluetoothed WWE Network through the car speakers and listened to Orton/Harper. It occurred to me that I could live the dream prophesied by that intro video and go watch Wrestlemania on a camping trip or something this year.

Remember the intro video for Wrestlemania XIX where people all over the world were watching Wrestlemania on TVs in public places? At one point there were a bunch of cattle rustlers sitting around a campfire cooking beans out of a can and watching Wrestlemania on a 19 inch TV that couldn't possibly have been plugged into power, much less a cable box.

Last night I was driving home from work and I Bluetoothed WWE Network through the car speakers and listened to Orton/Harper. It occurred to me that I could live the dream prophesied by that intro video and go watch Wrestlemania on a camping trip or something this year.
I know exactly what you're referring to.

Barrage

Even if you replaced the Smackdown tag titles with a Cruiserweight title match, that's still 14 matches. 2 more matches than last year's 6 and a half hour slog.

It's gonna be long as shit for sure. But the Rock's entire segment last year took TWENTY-SEVEN MINUTES. Take that and spread it out and I can see them making it work.

Top Bottom