• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Zach

It's gonna be long as shit for sure. But the Rock's entire segment last year took TWENTY-SEVEN MINUTES. Take that and spread it out and I can see them making it work.

Jesus Christ. Was last year the one where he had a flamethrower? Pretty sure I went and made a delicious souffle during that crapfest.

Anth0ny

Really curious how long Mania is supposed to be this year. This is the card I imagine:

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
HHH vs Rollins
Owens vs Jericho
Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha vs Nia Jax
Raw Tag Title match
Orton vs Wyatt
Styles vs Shane
Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse
IC title match
Smackdown Women's Title match
Smackdown Tag Title match
Battle Royale
Shaq vs Big Show?

That's 13, possibly 14 matches at the least. Seems insane.

Last year only had 12 including the pre-show matches.

And it seems like a waste for Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman to simply just be in the Battle Royale.

I'm thinking 6 hour main show with 3 hour pre show cause fuck everything

Sooooo what the fuck did Hero do to deserve a title shot this soon?

They called him a nobody and tossed him out, so he went ahead and became a bigger star than they ever could have made him themselves.

One of Vince's biggest fetishes is people telling him to fuck off and succeeding on their own/him telling people to fuck off and they go on to succeed on their own and then they come back

Beefy

Be over 35

HYpFZCP.gif

Nah he likes big sweaty men

Sooooo what the fuck did Hero do to deserve a title shot this soon?

NXT's main event is now filled with guys that undeservedly get title shots, the only real projects that are being build up to having an actual deserved shot are Dillinger, Strong and maybe Almas.

I mean, we all love Shinsuke, but Joe was fucking right at being mad at Regal after everything he had to do to get the belt.

Tom Nook

Really curious how long Mania is supposed to be this year. This is the card I imagine:

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
HHH vs Rollins
Owens vs Jericho
Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha vs Nia Jax
Raw Tag Title match
Orton vs Wyatt
Styles vs Shane
Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse
IC title match
Smackdown Women's Title match
Smackdown Tag Title match
Battle Royale
Shaq vs Big Show?

That's 13, possibly 14 matches at the least. Seems insane.

Last year only had 12 including the pre-show matches.

And it seems like a waste for Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman to simply just be in the Battle Royale.

If these are the matches set for WM and can't cut any match.

Preshow (2 hours):
Raw Tag title, SD Tag title, SD Women's Title, and the Battle Royal

Main show (4 hours plus; all times includes intros)
IC Match could end up as a ladder match. 30mins
Shaq vs Big Show: 10mins
Owens vs Jericho: 35mins
Style vs Shane (why?): 20mins
Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse: 10mins
Orton vs Wyatt: 35mins
Reigns vs Undertaker: 20mins
HHH vs Rollins: 45mins (assuming Rollins is healthy enough to fully go)
Goldberg vs Lesnar: 15mins

Total 220 mins + video packages hyping each match.

WWE should just swerve expectations and have Bray vs Randy just be a battle of allies... I mean do we really need a heel/face thing in this story? Bray Wyatt is barely a heel anyway, look at the reaction he got for his win dude is just over... Pls the whole I made you weaker by taking Harper away from you doesn't really make sense now does it? Wyatt just pinned Cena and AJ Styles clean to win his first WWE championship without any help.... His biggest success he achieved by himself...

Btw the image of Wyatt with the title, with all the lights out, the cell dimly lit and all the fireflies with the glowing Wrestlemania sign was fucking mint...

Barrage

Jesus Christ. Was last year the one where he had a flamethrower? Pretty sure I went and made a delicious souffle during that crapfest.

Yes. I'll defend the Rock/Rousey segment the year before (that could've potentially made money in an alternate universe) but the Rockthrower was mess.

Not to mention how crazy how long both Shane/Taker and HHH/Riegns were. I think they'll be able to fit everything easier than people think.

If these are the matches set for WM and can't cut any match.

Preshow (4 hours):
Raw Tag title, SD Tag title, SD Women's Title, and the Battle Royal

Main show
IC Match could end up as a ladder match. 30mins
Shaq vs Big Show: 25mins
Machine Gun Kelly concert: 15 minutes
Owens vs Jericho: 7mins
Style vs Shane (why?): 45mins
Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse: 10mins
Flo Rida Unplugged: 25 mins
Orton vs Wyatt: 35mins
Reigns vs Undertaker: 50mins
HHH vs Rollins: 90mins (assuming Rollins is healthy enough to fully go)
Goldberg vs Lesnar: 30mins

Total 372 mins + entrances video packages hyping each match.
Fixed it meng

WWE should just swerve expectations and have Bray vs Randy just be a battle of allies... I mean do we really need a heel/face thing in this story? Bray Wyatt is barely a heel anyway, look at the reaction he got for his win dude is just over... Pls the whole I made you weaker by taking Harper away from you doesn't really make sense now does it? Wyatt just pinned Cena and AJ Styles clean to win his first WWE championship without any help.... His biggest success he achieved by himself...

Btw the image of Wyatt with the title, with all the lights out, the cell dimly lit and all the fireflies with the glowing Wrestlemania sign was fucking mint...
Oh man

Build it up with tons of hype as this epic battle between former partners

And then the bell rings and Orton just lays down for Bray

I'll take that card over the one last year. Doesn't look half bad or half as good as it could be, but eh, who cares, we know that's how WWE works.

sd.bmp

It's gonna be long as shit for sure. But the Rock's entire segment last year took TWENTY-SEVEN MINUTES. Take that and spread it out and I can see them making it work.

Y'all keep forgetting almost half the roster was injured going in into the last Mania: Rollins, Cena, Daniel Bryan (I know, I know), Orton, Sting, Neville, Bray Wyatt, even Cesaro missed it.

We are not getting a half an hour Rock circle jerk. Calm down.

Not really seen much recently and I know the new day got stale but I still think they deserve a decent mania moment.

They were the most entertaining thing on raw for a long time

Y'all keep forgetting almost half the roster was injured going in into the last Mania: Rollins, Cena, Daniel Bryan (I know, I know), Orton, Sting, Neville, Bray Wyatt, even Cesaro missed it.

We are not getting a half an hour Rock circle jerk. Calm down.
They're also forgetting that was the best part of 32 other than HBK taking that shirt off and putting the entire roster to shame.

Oh man

Build it up with tons of hype as this epic battle between former partners

And then the bell rings and Orton just lays down for Bray

Nahhhhh... maybe if it had been the reverse where Wyatt won the Rumble and Orton the chamber...

Have it be two guys just go out and beat each other up and stay aligned afterwards. Make it an absolutely brutal brawl and then sell it as: if this what each of them does to their own family imagine what they'll do to you....

And then make them fuck it we'll fight anyone tweeners/Attitude era faces.

I mean the crowd doesn't want to boo either guy so. It just doesn't make sense for Orton to be like ha ha ha I got you Bray after all this... unless they're turning Orton heel and Bray completely face through it, you know have all the faces Orton attacked while undercover be like yo wtf and get mad.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think the NXT works out a lot like KO & Sami did before Sami got called up. Roode beats Ohno via shenanigans on tv, does the same to Nakamura at Takeover: Orlando. Immediately afterwards, Ohno comes out to challenge Roode to a rematch at the next PPV. Roode vs Ohno continues, Nakamura gets called up to SmackDown.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the whole nes mini ceasing production thing confirms to me that nintendo is even more out of touch/spiteful of their fans than wwe.

It still stupid when people like Nakamura and Hero are still in Nxt.

They wouldn't have the same impact if they were put immediately on the main roster

the whole nes mini ceasing production thing confirms to me that nintendo is even more out of touch/spiteful of their fans than wwe.

What the fuck, is this real? My take on it was that once the Switch got out, NES Classic would still be in production but not have a hot commodity spot as it did back in December. My feeling was that it was gonna be in shelves collecting dust until Nintendo eventually decided to end production

But they pull the plug almost immediately? What the fuck

ShadyK54

It was that long? Good lord, that's worse than I remember it.

Almost completely slipped my mind that Raw was on tonight. Can't wait to watch Charlotte retain the title because shenanigans.

Vince is actually really in touch with everything. He's working everyone and is just not gonna be proven wrong about anything. Fuck money no one tells me what to do.

I wanted to rewatch the GWF House Show on Xbox and it says the video is not available in that platform.

Has Sephzilla not struck a TV deal with anyone?
It worked pretty well for AJ.

Are you comparing Hero to AJ? Also, Nak didn't have the years and exposure Styles did with american audiences during his years at that hot garbage called TNA.

Top Bottom