• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Heroman

Banned
Maybe not a rope but...

Dean+Ambrose+on+railing.gif

Never forget
That no where as bad as Enzo.

cordy

Banned
What were they saying?
Alvarez talking about how when there's a great wrestler and a bad wrestler who have a bad match, sometimes it's the great wrestler's fault because they should have known they can't do their regular match with this opponent, they have to idiot-proof the match. Then he says Cesaro did idiot-proof this match and Enzo still fucked it up.

Yep.

They also said he should never be in the ring again.

Auraela

Banned
So im guess the battle royal is just a swerve to mess with dirt sheets n iwc to keep them interested in watchinv instead of knowing the outcome going forward.

cLOUDo

That no where as bad as Enzo.

One is from a random match on raw
And the other is from a title match in a PPV

I think Ambrose is definitely worse

Alvarez talking about how when there's a great wrestler and a bad wrestler who have a bad match, sometimes it's the great wrestler's fault because they should have known they can't do their regular match with this opponent, they have to idiot-proof the match. Then he says Cesaro did idiot-proof this match and Enzo still fucked it up.

That's fucking cold lmao
Jajjaja

Enzo is the most proof to me that they need to keep people in the PC longer before debuting them. It seems they just teach people the basics and that's it nowadays.

Also Ambrose vs Ziggler was such a disappointing match after the promos were hot fire.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose is so great in the ring that because Strowman couldn't work with him, the company called off Strowman's original push and the Taker match apparently.
Enzo is out here not being able to work with Cesaro of all people.

Let's see if someone's situation is canceled because their match didn't work because if so, then Enzo's "as bad or better than Ambrose." When we see Ambrose botch a rope-running or not jumping up for a lift we can talk lol.

Tom Nook

Look at Triple H, through Stephanie, try to claim the boy as his after having three daughters.

"Shane-uh. Ladder match-uh for custody of your son-uh at WrestleMania!"

Totally make sense booking wise.

AJ/Shane at WM? No offense to Shane but why waste AJ's talent with Shane?

If Seth can't wrestling, there is no point of Triple H to wrestle at WM.

Ambrose is so great in the ring that because Strowman couldn't work with him, the company called off Strowman's original push and the Taker match apparently.
Enzo is out here not being able to work with Cesaro of all people.

Let's see if someone's situation is canceled because their match didn't work because if so, then Enzo's "as bad or better than Ambrose." When we see Ambrose botch a rope-running or not jumping up for a lift we can talk lol.

Simple fact is, Enzo will be pushed as long as they see money in Cass, right? As soon as Cass gets a singles push, Enzo's his manager - at best. He is, unfortunately, perfect for being future endeavoured once his merch sales dry up.

If Seth can't wrestling, there is no point of Triple H to wrestle at WM.

But I want another sick HHH mania entrance

Simple fact is, Enzo will be pushed as long as they see money in Cass, right? As soon as Cass gets a singles push, Enzo's his manager - at best. He is, unfortunately, perfect for being future endeavoured once his merch sales dry up.

I don't think so. They do those sponsored commercials with Enzo all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrkkG4kT2X4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Df32JHWjs

He's going to be doing commercials for a looong time

Dean does some dumb, sloppy shit and I rag on him a lot but I'd still rather watch a Dean match over an Enzo match any day of the week. Dean can actually string together a match, Enzo just flops everywhere.

Think about Enzo in the announcer chair. I hope that never happens

Fox318

Serious question: is the reason everything WWE was actually pretty good this week because Vince has been in Washington with Linda?
That usually has happened in the past but I'd venture to guess that he was there.

For as bad as the big booking shit can be with Roman the bigger issues are the pet peeve shit.

Like making Cole yell Bizzaro World while in Toronto or "look at the size of the big show" right after Cole mentioned he lost weight.

Dean does some dumb, sloppy shit and I rag on him a lot but I'd still rather watch a Dean match over an Enzo match any day of the week. Dean can actually string together a match, Enzo just flops everywhere.

Think about Enzo in the announcer chair. I hope that never happens

Dean is in Randy Orton mode right now. When Dean cares, his matches are damn good.

Caderfix

Dean is in Randy Orton mode right now. When Dean cares, his matches are damn good.

I don't think that's the case at all. I'm being honest when I say I can't remember any match with Dean in which he wasn't just decent at best, and the reason for that is that he's not only sloppy, but also, his offense is terrible. It's possible to be sloppy and still enjoyable, but when the performer is sloppy and it's move set looks super flaccid, it becomes very hard to overlook the bad stuff.

I don't think that's the case at all. I'm being honest when I say I can't remember any match with Dean in which he wasn't just decent at best, and the reason for that is that he's not only sloppy, but also, his offense is terrible. It's possible to be sloppy and still enjoyable, but when the performer is sloppy and it's move set looks super flaccid, it becomes very hard to overlook the bad stuff.

It's still not close to being as bad as Enzo (and Dean's match with Haitch was pretty good, same with AJ).

Sephzilla

Shoot: A lot of people talk about how The Shield masked Roman's short comings as a wrestler, but The Shield masked a lot of Ambrose's short comings as a wrestler as well.

klonere

Banned

Dean vs HHH
Dean vs KO Tables match
Dean vs Seth Heck in a Cell

Those are the good matches off the top of my head.

Ambrose is a good wrestler when he is against someone good or great. I don't think he's ever had a good match with someone low on the card. Kind of the same with a Roman but even Roman had a weirdly good match with a Big Show.

Kornflayx

Shoot: A lot of people talk about how The Shield masked Roman's short comings as a wrestler, but The Shield masked a lot of Ambrose's short comings as a wrestler as well.

It masked all their shortcomings. Reigns is a great hot tag with a few big powermoves, Rollins is a good face in peril, and Ambrose is good for short bursts of high energy action.

They complemented each other really, really well

Caderfix

It's still not close to being as bad as Enzo (and Dean's match with Haitch was pretty good, same with AJ).

That's not my argument though, I was disagreeing with Dean being in Orton mode and able to have good matches. Enzo and Cass have been consistently one of the things I dislike the most in the rare occasions I watch RAW.

I also disagree with the examples of good performance you gave, as, in my opinion, the first one wasn't a good match and the second one didn't have a good performance by Dean. I hate to be that guy and usually I disagree with such claims (Reigns did great against AJ, both did well), but the second example you gave was on AJ... Dean's offense was bad and he telegraphed everything to a ridiculous extent.

shanafan

Ambrose is a good wrestler when he is against someone good or great. I don't think he's ever had a good match with someone low on the card. Kind of the same with a Roman but even Roman had a weirdly good match with a Big Show.

Cesaro and Roman had an excellent match during the Survivor Series tournament in 2015.

Caderfix

Cesaro and Roman had an excellent match during the Survivor Series tournament in 2015.

That doesn't go against the claim though, Cesaro is great. However, I agree with you in that Reigns is actually a damn good worker and underestimated by most due to the booking decisions.

Roman is a much better worker than Ambrose. Whether you think Ambrose is a better wrestler underneath is another story, fact is that Roman consistently puts on better matches.

They did. A really good match. I phrased it wrong when I said low on the card. I meant it in that I don't think Ambrose is good enough to take someone like say, Darren Young or Big Cass and have a great match with them but can have a great match with someone like KO or AJ.

I wouldn't say either him or Roman get carried. Takes two to tango.

stolen from reddit

Mick Foley recently appeared on Lilian Garcia's podcast. During the interview, Foley brought up an incident where Vince McMahon yelled at Braun Strowman:

"I was about to go out there a couple weeks ago, and I heard Braun Strowman say, I want a title shot. Mr. McMahon's behind the curtain, at the board watching the monitor, and he goes, oh god, it's not a title shot. I was thinking to myself, then what is it? That's exactly what I would go to call it when I would go out there. You want a title shot? He's like, it's a title match. It's a match! So if you ever wonder what it's like to see a six-foot-eight, three hundred pound behemoth get chewed out, you should've been there."

klonere

Banned
As a mark for spots, Roman's over the top rope dive is better than anything Ambrose has ever done.

stolen from reddit

Mick Foley recently appeared on Lilian Garcia's podcast. During the interview, Foley brought up an incident where Vince McMahon yelled at Braun Strowman:

"I was about to go out there a couple weeks ago, and I heard Braun Strowman say, I want a title shot. Mr. McMahon's behind the curtain, at the board watching the monitor, and he goes, oh god, it's not a title shot. I was thinking to myself, then what is it? That's exactly what I would go to call it when I would go out there. You want a title shot? He's like, it's a title match. It's a match! So if you ever wonder what it's like to see a six-foot-eight, three hundred pound behemoth get chewed out, you should've been there."

V E R B I A G E
E
R
B
I
A
G
E

Top Bottom