• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

The problem with saying that a good audience boos the people they're supposed to boo and cheers the people they're supposed to cheer is that this magical christmasland crowd that is full of fantasy bookers doesn't actually exist. Its basically calling for laugh tracks in wrestling.

Wrestling has stupid storylines and the fights are fucking fake. People need *some* reason to get involved and its more often than not how they perceive a performer and how well they portray their character, regardless of alignment.

AND pretty much everyone knows what is going on who is being booked STRONG, who has heat backstage, and who is getting passed over. There is no such thing as "Internet Wrestling Fan" anymore because everyone has Internet and will know more than they should thanks to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Tout, and Instagram. They have also driven away a majority of the "casual fans" who would be easier to guide on who to cheer and boo for.

Syder

Never has there been a more appropriate reaction Super Cena.

giphy.gif

cordy

Banned
As seen on Tuesday's episode of SmackDown Live, Bray Wyatt pinned John Cena to retain his WWE Title for the second time on a row. Sean Waltman, who was backstage at SmackDown this past week in Anaheim, California, revealed on his recent podcast episode that it was actually Cena's idea to put Wyatt over at Tuesday's event.

”I'm not sure what the finish was supposed to be for the match last night. But I know this for a fact, that John Cena insisted on putting Bray Wyatt over again last night, insisted on it. That's not just a rumor."

Sean also spoke with AJ Styles about Cena

"He [AJ Styles] came up and he went, 'I was watching your show' and he goes, 'I just wanted to tell you what you said about John Cena being the man and the best going, you're a hundred percent correct.' He goes, 'anyone that doesn't agree with you, it's because they don't really know John Cena and have never been in the ring with him.'"

giphy.gif

Haha, yeah, wasn't terribly impressed with that - the Colchester lot won't know who Pentagon is though, and he'll probably beat James Castle up, so it's all good. Would've preferred a singles match, but Penta vs Ospreay the day after should be fun.

oh yeah, the london show is 100% the hype one

korly

Are any of you guys going to the Honor Rising shows at the end of February? They're going to be selling this ridiculous thing and my (clearly insane) wife wants one:

16711815_1348217671905754_7374455389317327583_n.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any fans of Ohara here?

owJvkyR.gif

Been incredibly impressed with his GHC Jr. title matches this year, he's so different from pretty much all the other jr's out there.

Kenoh and Ohara are better than every jr NJPW except maybe takahashi

ohara reminded me of eddie guerrero the first time i saw him. and didnt require the blatant pandering of a sasha banks or taguchi to do it1

If WWE could produce babyfaces that people cares about then heels would have an easier time. I think that is the biggest problem in that situation.

Reigns for example is booked as an underdog who RARELY loses. He also doesnt have a personality or a reason to care about him.

Every face being a rude tweener kind of person now doesnt help either. Seems weird to be pissed at fans for being happy a heel they like won when they have no reason to care about that face anyways.

cordy

Banned
Can't see why, but he made the mistake of posting in political topics. There's just no point as there's no winning in participating.

I gave up on that myself tbh. Nah bruh.

Speaking of which anyone check out that Dan GB Taco Bell thread? Lord, I had no idea people felt that way about GB.

Top Bottom