• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

klonere

Banned
They are both turn the channel bad so it ultimately doesn't matter what level of bad they are

JR is reaching this level for me as well

Finn advertised for live events starting March 10
Hope he shows up at the MSG show a few days later. But there's a show the same day in London, so probably not.

I will say that I did enjoy Josh Matthews on Smackdown, but the few TNA episodes I checked since he was there was dog shit. Just sounds phoned in.
Isn't it literally phoned in, as in they record the commentary later in a studio after the matches?

Recall

So I watched a Megumi Kudo v Aja Kong match from 1993 for Kong's WWWA World title and it was outstanding. No deathmatch stuff just straight up wrestling and it was ace. It even had a wild ref bump.

Megumi Kudo had some talent for being great at both straight up wrestling and the deathmatch mayhem.

Lovely first half at Pro Wrestling EVE. Hard hitting main event, Martina the Session Moth is right up my alley, and Dahlia Black gets better every time I see her.

And I wandered to hipster Shoreditch between shows, and am enjoying hipster duck

shaowebb

OMG you guys drop everything go to Crunchyroll and find one of the latter episodes of Tiger Mask W called "Dont be a softy" ep17. Togi Makabe is a fucking foodie addict and forces Tomoaki Honma and Tiger Mask to go on a sweets tour with him. It has no plot continuity and is a one off so you can skip to it without spoiling yourself in any way.

Why this episode? Because the three are booked in a six man tag match and The Bullet Club shows up trying to be villains to screw over Makabe by eating all the sweets first. Its like 3rd grader style heel antics from Kenny Omega and its so perfectly in character that I was in tears laughing. 40 cakes. Thats as many as 4 tens and thats terrible lol.
Best show.

Zach

Cool posters like Dato and British Monz: my lapsed bro occasionally gets on wrassle kicks and right now he's all about watching Dr. Death on YouTube. Do you have any amazing Japanese match suggestions? Tag matches with Gordy are A-OK.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's the only good commentary

Controversial opinion right now but I actually like Both WWE commentary teams for the main show. JBL has been less annoying this year, Cole is clearly training his replacement on RAW, and I don't really mind Otunga or Saxton right now. Mauro is still great. I think A double has a future in this if he wants to, much like CM Punk did when he was doing commentary while injured.

Hasney

Eh, Austin Aries is too concerned about putting himself over. Kinda makes sense I guess since he is returning, but it's over the top if he was full time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh, Austin Aries is too concerned about putting himself over. Kinda makes sense I guess since he is returning, but it's over the top if he was full time.

CM Punk was the same way. Selfish heel color commentary works as long as they get down to the brass tacks when the match is going, which he usually does.

Beefy

Controversial opinion right now but I actually like Both WWE commentary teams for the main show. JBL has been less annoying this year, Cole is clearly training his replacement on RAW, and I don't really mind Otunga or Saxton right now. Mauro is still great. I think A double has a future in this if he wants to, much like CM Punk did when he was doing commentary while injured.

Otunga and Saxton need replacing. JBL is getting better but still makes stupid mistakes.

Barrage

The RAW team is starting to click for sure.

Smackdown, Mauro and JBL are kinda hitting their stride, but got dam do they not need 4 people, and especially not Saxton. They still haven't recaptured the spark Mauro and King had pre-Brand Split.

I agree Aries is showing promise. The problem is WWE has too many colour guys and not enough guys that can do Play-By-Play well.

Nah, he's already over, I like his weirdly heelish commentary without necessarily being a full heel commentator.

C46y32fUYAElFAJ.jpg

Top Bottom