• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Top 10 PROGRESS matches of 2016

1. Marty Scurll vs Chris Hero - Chapter 31
  2. Mark Andrews vs Chris Hero - Super Strong Style 16 Day 1
  3. London Riots vs War Machine - Chapter 34
  4. Marty Scurll vs Mark Haskins vs Tommy End - Chapter 36
  5. Mark Haskins vs Johnny Gargano - Chapter 32
  6. Tommy End vs Chris Hero - Super Strong Style 16 Day 2
  7. Matt Riddle vs Will Ospreay - Chapter 39
  8. Marty Scurll vs Will Ospreay - Chapter 25
  9. Pete Dunne vs Zack Sabre Jr. - Chapter 40
  10. Adam Cole vs Will Ospreay - Chapter 40

I don't watch progress but I guess I'll have to check these out.

deli2000

Spending an evening watching the wrestling, gone through the second EVE show I missed and currently starting to catch up on the SHIMMER backlog I have, in the hope they'll sort their shit out by the time I get through it! Going through SHIMMER 67 at the moment, great match with Kay Lee Ray and Evie.

Aren't SHIMMER in some financial trouble at the moment?

somedevil

I see, thanks guys. Then the streak itself is totally fine I guess. Just boasting about it is probably a bit much.

Asuka is probably going to break the real number but the one WCW said probably is not going to happen. I doubt WWE will even mention her beating the real number when it happens.

klonere

Banned
god look at that fucking crowd.

EjZjvdZ.gif

deli2000

I don't watch progress but I guess I'll have to check these out.

Hero vs Andrews at SSS16 was the match that sold me on both men and on PROGRESS as a company. Must see match. Haven't checked out Scurll/Hero yet, so i'll get to that.

I guess? Dave made some posts about how they weren't doing well.

They made their own bed to a certain extent. Women's wrestling and indy wrestling are as hot as they've ever been, with WWE main eventing women who've worked for you, and you're 1) ALMOST TWO YEARS BEHIND releasing shows and 2) Still doing DVD's only with no digital downloads or On Demand for current shows or back catalog

It really sucks that they don't have a proper on demand service, I would love to check some of their stuff out.

korly

So, like, say I wanted to play the best wrestling game ever... what would it be?

Notes: I love Revenge (WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy are good, too). I've dabbled in Fire Pro Returns and thought it was kinda cool, but definitely prefer Revenge. Smackdown/2K games range from bad to decent to me. I love Fight for NY, but want something more grounded in wrassle reality.

Are there awesome Japanese games I can play somehow without involving emulation?

The best wrestling games are:

Fire Pro Wrestling Z/Returns

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Giant Gram 2000

WWF All Stars

All amazing, all for different reasons.

I PERSONALLY love Toukon 2: Brave Spirits for N64 but it is objectively worse than the aforementioned games.

Acosta

triple-h-youtube.gif

Watched Wrestling isn't Wrestling for the first time. I've heard Max's opinions of wrestling before and I thought this was a pretty good deconstruction of Trips.

Plus, he's not wrong.

It´s awesome, had a great laugh over it. And loved the take of Cena.

There are no plans to do others like this right? It would be great having several careers explained in this mode.

Beefy

Chris Pine steals the spotlight of Gadot (according to the WW early review thread).

I'll say it again..

Chris Pine steals the spotlight of Gadot...

0382_s7tr.gif

Chris Pine steals the spotlight of Gadot (according to the WW early review thread).

I'll say it again..

Chris Pine steals the spotlight of Gadot...

0382_s7tr.gif

"We're making a Wonder Woman movie, what direction should we go with it?"

"Put the focus on some white guy"

/Warner Bros.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What puts KOC2 over the Wrestle Kingdom or Toukon Retsuden games for you?

WK play like more arcadey DoR and No Mercy games which I don't like as much. King of Colosseum feels much more balanced in terms of difficulty. Those other games tend to swing one way or the other and quickly turn into really one-sided affairs.

I don't mind losing in KoC 2 which is something I can't say for other games.

Matt Riddle just defended the Progress Atlas Championship vs Michael Elgin in Glory Pro and it was a FANTASTIC match. Have not seen Elgin look much better than that and they absolutely brutalized each other.

Top Bottom