• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Which dumbass? Both were in agreement that she shouldn't.

Wade had a better take on the Rumble than Dave. He explained well to Austin why people felt disappointed by it.

Austin just kinda answered the question and said that was his point of view and understood why others might disagree, Keller has been going off on this topic like a fucking moron for days

Austin says yeah send em a text but I understand it's a different era so that's just my point of view.

Wade Keller in response to Braun having an instagram under his freaking real name tweets a link to it (thus making even more people, that he doesn't think should see it, see it lol). Braun is who he is specifically referencing in the podcast when he talks about "don't say this is my non wrestling page" :

Is there no hope left? Why can't @BraunStrowman & his generation be professionals & silence their own counter-productive social media?

@euchrid Did I ever hint he can't have an Instagram? I said he should have a private family/friends account. Sharing is unprofessional.

.@darrenl1711 What I mean by be a professional is care more about serving fans believable product than being their pal on social media.

@darrenl1711 It obviously is an issue to debate. If it's counter-productive to their jobs and easy to fix, everyone ought to. Zero downside.
https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/824893956106317825
Keller comes off as a freaking lunatic.

I'm unreasonably happy that Graves last NXT match allowed him to bury the drifter one last time, complete with the true indication of last time from Graves in that Samson ain't making it to the big leagues.

Meanwhile I can't get behind this Ember Moon lass at all, there's like a gimmick there except it seems contradictory and goes nowhere, all love to her should be redirected to Nikki Cross, thank you.

I'm unreasonably happy that Graves last NXT match allowed him to bury the drifter one last time, complete with the true indication of last time from Graves in that Samson ain't making it to the big leagues.

Meanwhile I can't get behind this Ember Moon lass at all, there's like a gimmick there except it seems contradictory and goes nowhere, all love to her should be redirected to Nikki Cross, thank you.

Ember Moon looked like a fucking moron during the NXT kick off panel sitting there in casual clothes with her stupid red eye contacts talking about her love of the sport.

Her character is fucking absurd....

She's a great talent, but a gimmick of a Gothic look with a jovial polite hockey player promo style is asinine.

Lothar

Banned
At least he's not like Cornette and doesn't think they should be beat up and left in a ditch for it. I don't care about it (probably because I don't care about the stories now) but I could see why some would have a problem with it. It's why it's a big deal that Undertaker doesn't do shoot promos and doesn't come out of character in real life.

At least he's not like Cornette and doesn't think they should be beat up and left in a ditch for it. I don't care about it (probably because I don't care about the stories now) but I could see why some would have a problem with it. It's why it's a big deal that Undertaker doesn't do shoot promos and doesn't come out of character in real life.
Nah he just did it on TV for a couple of years with Biker Taker lol

Wrestling business would be fucked if they tried to keep kayfabe, the increased accessibility, the books, the podcasts, whatever... is probably helping them far more then it is hurting them. God knows it's what keeps me interested.

klonere

Banned
Holy fucking shit fuck what the fuck BxB Hulk vs Yamato just did the most fucking insane non-deathmatch spot I've ever seen, crazier than that fucking top rope dragon suplex oh my god.

Why why WHY especially after what happened with Yoshino...

shaowebb

Holy fucking shit fuck what the fuck BxB Hulk vs Yamato just did the most fucking insane non-deathmatch spot I've ever seen, crazier than that fucking top rope dragon suplex oh my god.

Why why WHY especially after what happened with Yoshino...

What did they do? Is there a highlight of it?

Awww yeah. I'm gonna swerve the booking today, take a half-day off and go pay the last of the car loan with my tax return, switch my insurance and get lunch.

Fiscal responsibility BROTHER!

Zach

Awww yeah. I'm gonna swerve the booking today, take a half-day off and go pay the last of the car loan with my tax return, switch my insurance and get lunch.

Fiscal responsibility BROTHER!
Paying off my car a few years back was such a great feeling.

Now I'm just waiting to pay off my house. Just 22 more years (20 after I refinance this month). >_>

Wait what?

I'm out of loop for a day and Rollins is injured?!

Please tell me this is a fucking work.

Yeah, I just went through this news today as well =(

At the start of the brand split my favourite wrestlers were Rollins and Balor. If Rollins is out again then I might just be done with wrestling for a while. Raw is painful enough as it is, so loosing Rollins... screw that. And with HHH being my favourite wrestler of all time I can't even begin to describe how hyped I was getting for Wrestlemania this year >.<

Could this be career threatening for Rollins? Same knee, right? That can't be good for WWE's confidence in him...

At the start of the brand split my favourite wrestlers were Rollins and Balor. If Rollins is out again then I might just be done with wrestling for a while. Raw is painful enough as it is, so loosing Rollins... screw that. And with HHH being my favourite wrestler of all time I can't even begin to describe how hyped I was getting for Wrestlemania this year >.<

Could this be career threatening for Rollins? Same knee, right? That can't be good for WWE's confidence in him...

There's a chance he doesn't even miss Mania.

His career is certainly not over

Lothar

Banned
Nah he just did it on TV for a couple of years with Biker Taker lol

Wrestling business would be fucked if they tried to keep kayfabe, the increased accessibility, the books, the podcasts, whatever... is probably helping them far more then it is hurting them. God knows it's what keeps me interested.

That was a different character and a mistake. When he's in the Undertaker gimmick, he doesn't put himself out there in real life to break character. He doesn't even appear on memorial Raws when someone dies. I don't agree with it, I would love to see him on Austin's podcast, but I get why. Not wanting a heel to appear friendly to an opponent in social media is an extension of that.

Reading those tweets again, yeah, he shouldn't have called them unprofessional. That's way too far.

If he comes back early from this one (like he did last time), there's always going to be the risk he seriously reinjures it again, and the odds it happens are far greater than with everyone else who has either never had it happen in the first place, or merely had it happen once.

It's another Bryan situation in the sense that eventually you're going to have to tell him to ease up on his style. If your best offense and defense consists of flailing about, and you've now lost a total of a year of your career because of it, you've gotta change something if you want to keep this up for another 5 years, let alone 10

That was a different character and a mistake. When he's in the Undertaker gimmick, he doesn't put himself out there in real life to break character. He doesn't even appear on memorial Raws when someone dies. I don't agree with it, I would love to see him on Austin's podcast, but I get why. Not wanting a heel to appear friendly to an opponent in social media is an extension of that.

Reading those tweets again, yeah, he shouldn't have called them unprofessional. That's way too far.

I know I was just being cheeky.

Taker is for better or for worse (now days worse) Taker. He's old-school and it works for him

Keller is just a whiny shit.

Especially the Strowman shit because fans would have to go searching for that... well they did until Keller posted the damn thing himself lol.

But a carny business needs their carny journalists lol.

Zach

Can't The Undertaker just do his entrance each WrestleMania and then leave so no one has to be subjected to him wrestling or removing his hat?

There's a chance he doesn't even miss Mania.
That's what I'm hoping right now. He deserves this match.

If he comes back early from this one (like he did last time), there's always going to be the risk he seriously reinjures it again, and the odds it happens are far greater than with everyone else who has either never had it happen in the first place, or merely had it happen once.

It's another Bryan situation in the sense that eventually you're going to have to tell him to ease up on his style. If your best offense and defense consists of flailing about, and you've now lost a total of a year of your career because of it, you've gotta change something if you want to keep this up for another 5 years, let alone 10
I wonder how he'd react to being told to change his style? I do hope he tries toning it down though at the very least. The injuries really aren't worth it. Though to be fair this time looked like a silly mistake from an incredibly simple fall, unlike the first time with his front flip off a turnbuckle. Perhaps that original injury is what made this one happen so easily though.

I do understand where Keller is coming from. Like, it makes sense for a guy like Xavier Woods to have a twitter account, but for someone like Strowman it's counterproductive.

And if you kayfabe on twitter, you can do some cool things. Like if a face turns heel he can do one post saying he's not posting on twitter anymore to hear the whining of losers etc.

It's not a huge deal in wwf given that they're screwing up creative in so many ways this is almost irrelevant, but if they were doing a better job it should be something they look at.

klonere

Banned
I do understand where Keller is coming from. Like, it makes sense for a guy like Xavier Woods to have a twitter account, but for someone like Strowman it's counterproductive.

And if you kayfabe on twitter, you can do some cool things. Like if a face turns heel he can do one post saying he's not posting on twitter anymore to hear the whining of losers etc.

It's not a huge deal in wwf given that they're screwing up creative in so many ways this is almost irrelevant, but if they were doing a better job it should be something they look at.

J9YFxwJ.png

Like, there's no point at all in trying to complain about this, they clearly aren't interested in enforcing a policy like it and the fucking head of Talent Relations & Creative doesn't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuccck

Can't The Undertaker just do his entrance each WrestleMania and then leave so no one has to be subjected to him wrestling or removing his hat?

I'd die of joy if Reigns just Goldbergs Taker.

Reigns should just be WWE's troll the audience device/

Everytime WWE invokes twitter on air it's cringey....

Braun has gone on several podcasts as himself... and you know what that's when I became a huge fan of his....

And the damn thing is under his shoot name, you'd have to have gone digging for it before Keller put it on blast to whine like a dipshit.

It's not a huge deal, but every little bit helps, and this is something that is directly in the wrestler's control.

Lesnar is killing Goldberg and justifiably so.

"Triple main event maggle"

Every match is a main event, grappling fans!

RE: Nikki/Cena vs. ?

"It's a match made in..."
"Boo! John Cena sucks! John Cena sucks!"

And then some asshole is going to start the "You suck Cena" chant, and then I'm going to be disgusted by wrestling fans again.

And then some asshole is going to start the "You suck Cena" chant, and then I'm going to be disgusted by wrestling fans again.

It'll be Miz/Maryse.

It's not a huge deal, but every little bit helps, and this is something that is directly in the wrestler's control.

Kayfabe is D-E-A-D.... these guys go on podcasts left right and centre because that's the new way to sell the product... wrestlers get closer to normal fucking lives off camera now.

The only people who care is Wade Keller.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
8 weeks? Literally no way he misses WM, but they won't announce the match until the go home show just to be sure.

Well, Cena does suck.

Zach

Booker T and Chris Benoit opening Survivor Series '05. Both of these guys ended their WCW careers as champ.

That was today's WCW fun fact.

Oh, and Flair is on the card, too. He also left WCW as champ (in '91).

That was your bonus WCW fun fact for the day.

And if he legit proposes after their win, it's going to be a far bigger and better Mania moment than the previous plan (him beating Joe up until he cried) was ever going to be

The match will end, Cena will get down on one knee, the cameras will flash...

And then Cena SCOOPS HER UP AND PLANTS HER WITH THE AA BAH GAWD

klonere

Banned
I think the Cena/Nikki Miz/Maryse thing could be great, the promos will be fire, people are going to hate the Miz, crowd is going to eat up the marriage tease if they do it and it'll be a good fun match.

As someone who really doesn't like how Big Match John works singles matches now, it'll be a refreshing change of pace.

Top Bottom