• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Pikma

Banned
This might be one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed.

lZSiTz3.gif
Isn't that ramp shorter than usual?

^Wow.

So, Roman is a heel right? LOL at killing the tag champs for a second week in a row. Bayley should've given the title back only for Sasha to turn on her at Fastlane. It really sucks that all of Bayley's growth was in NXT and hardly anyone will have seen it outside the end results, not like it matters since the "writers" don't know her character anyway and she like Sasha is probably too intimidated by Vince to speak up with whatever the so call creative team gives her. That was probably Show's best match in ages as well as Straun Broman's ever, good WWE hoss match and thank fucking god they didn't do the "broke the ring" gimmick again. I mean, I knew they were shooting stuff after Raw but when they went up all I could think of is them doing it and the announce team freaking out like it's never happened before like when it happened with a much heavier Big Show and Mark Henry or when Brock and Show did it.

Enzo and Cass would work so much better as a heel team right now...

And Punk apparently called back while the fake match was being filmed.

What a weird ass thing. Rock gives 0 fucks. Good for him.

By really. Why the hell is Paige getting a film bio? Random as hell.

Stephen Merchant saw the documentary on her family and was like "I WANNA MAKE THIS!"

Who ever is playing "Paige" there looks like a cosplayer. I can't imagine that's being kept in the movie and they don't just end up reshooting it in a ring surrounded by green screen.

EDIT: WWE's Black History Month video for Obama, replies are just what you'd expect. https://twitter.com/WWE/status/833872789505335296

Caderfix

Owens being put over as the Prize Fighter and Braun being just awesome. I really hope the WWE doesn't botch this, specially Braun. He should stay undefeated and take whatever heat is left from Brock.

^Wow.

So, Roman is a heel right?

As we all know, Roman is the 1st babyface in history to attack multiple heels with objects. Nope, there's no other massively over babyfaces in history who got over by beating up multiple heels by himself. Not at all.

Owens being put over as the Prize Fighter and Braun being just awesome. I really hope the WWE doesn't botch this, specially Braun. He should stay undefeated and take whatever heat is left from Brock.

I agree. Braun should spend the next year cleanly pinning Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Baloe, Seth Rolliins, Neville, etc. :)

As we all know, Roman is the 1st babyface in history to attack multiple heels with objects. Nope, there's no other massively over babyfaces in history who got over by beating up multiple heels by himself. Not at all.

I agree. Braun should spend the next year cleanly pinning Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Baloe, Seth Rolliins, Neville, etc. :)

Serious question do you ever tired of this gimmick?

Pikma

Banned
Togi Makabe 20th Anniversary is live right now, in case you're interested

Shibata is kicking the shit out of Susuki right now, it's a multi man tag team match tho

From Meltz:

The one thing I like most about Batista is that for years, every time we'd talk or if I'd e-mail him about something, he'd almost always ask how Bryan was doing, which, like no wrestler, ever does. I found that endearing about him.

Good Guy Batista

I wasn't referring to the stupid handicap tag match in that first sentence, I was referring to his coming out to attack someone who just cleanly won a hard fought match. To go back to your condescending sarcasm, just because other babyfaces may have done it doesn't make it any less heelish to attack someone who is in a weakened state, especially when they weren't directly provoked at the time, it doesn't make Roman look like a bad ass but it makes Braun more sympathetic, even better it backfiring just makes Braun look more like a bad ass face who stopped the heel attempting a cheap beat down.

If the plan really is for Roman to turn at WrestleMania they're doing a bang up job planting those seeds.

klonere

Banned
Friends if you believe Roman to be the heel, let him be the heel in your hearts.

There is nothing Vince "Contributed millions of dollars to Donald Trump and got his wife in the White House based on that fact alone" McMahon can do to take that away from you.

xoxo

Pikma

Banned
I cant watch this until tomorrow but OH GOD
It could always be a one night thing but Susuki started cutting a short promo after the tag team match and Shibata attacked him before he could even finish, ended up getting his ass kicked by the rest of Susukigun though

It was super short but hopefully this is a hint of what's to come

Adree

If they ever wanted Roman to get actual babyface heat having him go out and beat the shit out of Kevin Owens after that opener might have done the trick. Moment lost forever now.

It could always be a one night thing but Susuki cut a short promo after the tag team match and then Shibata attacked him, ended up getting his ass kicked by the rest of Susukigun though

It was super short but hopefully this is a hint of what's to come

Sounds awesome. Hopefully something more continues!

If they ever wanted Roman to get actual babyface heat having him go out and beat the shit out of Kevin Owens after that opener might have done the trick. Moment lost forever now.

They would have hated him even more because they want to see Jezza beat up Owens, not anyone else.

Pikma

Banned
Considering how the last match ended, with Taguchi confronting Takahashi, I think it's safe to assume Shibata vs Susuki is a thing now too

Fuck yes

It's interesting this NJPW show has no commentary.

Kinda love it
Wait till you watch one of those house shows where there's no commentary and no cameramen, it's literally just the hard cam

Hasney

Whoever handles WWE Champions is an Ambrose mark. There's already Dean's Daily, but now there's an "Enter the Asylum" mode, recreating his best matches.

Syder

Friends if you believe Roman to be the heel, let him be the heel in your hearts.

There is nothing Vince "Contributed millions of dollars to Donald Trump and got his wife in the White House based on that fact alone" McMahon can do to take that away from you.

xoxo
You'd have to watch Raw on mute because the worst thing about Face Roman is the way the commentary talk him up as this awesome guy.

'DA BIG DAWG'

Hasney

Rocks a bit of a Punk mark. There's the story that Punk held onto the belt longer than planned because Rock wanted to work with him.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Rock is a gem and WWE doesn't deserve him.

Same goes for Punk, so that fits. I hope Hunter threw a fit backstage.

I was watching the WWE YouTube highlights and I could barely finish the Woman's segment with Steph. Sasha is still awful on the mic. Bayley is green as hell. It was just so bad.

Top Bottom