• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

That Dana Brooke running gif is so funny. Bayley catching up to her in like a second and knocking her down has me dying.

They have nothing for the new day huh.

Also why is Brawn trying to work like Dean malenko
The New Day are kind of in that position where they have nothing to really do now but they're too popular for WWE to take them off TV.

Beefy

Braun Strowman is not a thing.

07_zpsfze2hoif.0.gif

The diamond cutter was so ace(no pun intended). I swear the way he tugged on their heads, I thought he would break their necks.

Fuck just thinking about the name reminded me of how awesome the 90s was with the names for moves, they all matched the character.

The diamond cutter was so pun. Cutting diamonds lol.

ElRenoRaven

For those complaining about the Paige stuff. They weren't meant to look great. They had doubles doing the wrestling. Tessa Blanchard was one of them btw.

The diamond cutter was so ace(no pun intended). I swear the way he tugged on their heads, I thought he would break their necks.

Fuck just thinking about the name reminded me of how awesome the 90s was with the names for moves, they all matched the character.

The diamond cutter was so pun. Cutting diamonds lol.

Yup. Now days their names suck ass. Even the moves minus a couple are so generic. I miss the days when finishers meant something and were unique to a wrestler. You still have a couple of them but it's getting fewer and fewer.

Tom Nook

Nakamura said he wants AJ at WrestleMania

They're going to give us this Shane match and there's nothing we can do about it.

If Naka and AJ were to happen at WM, Naka would have been in the main roster already.

The AJ/Shane match has to be some gimmick match. Shane does some dangerous spot where he jumps off a ladder through the Spanish or German table.

For those complaining about the Paige stuff. They weren't meant to look great. They had doubles doing the wrestling. Tessa Blanchard was one of them btw.

Yup. Now days their names suck ass. Even the moves minus a couple are so generic. I miss the days when finishers meant something and were unique to a wrestler. You still have a couple of them but it's getting fewer and fewer.
He'll even the wrestlers names suck too. It's like you pick a random joe off of the street and the rest is history. Then the obvious, there aren't any gimmicks or characters, everyone is the same. You'd think these Hollywood writers would know about character.

ElRenoRaven

He'll even the wrestlers names suck too. It's like you pick a random joe off of the street and the rest is history. Then the obvious, there aren't any gimmicks or characters, everyone is the same. You'd think these Hollywood writers would know about character.

What? You don't like single named wrestler? What's not to love about Cass, Enzo, Joe, John, Braun, Sami, etc? Who needs names like The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, George the Animal Steele, The Million Dollar Man, Nature Boy Rick Flair, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man? Not WWE.

If Naka and AJ were to happen at WM, Naka would have been in the main roster already.

The AJ/Shane match has to be some gimmick match. Shane does some dangerous spot where he jumps off a ladder through the Spanish or German table.

Build AJ/Shane, then last minute Shane pulls out for "reasons" and bring in Nak as a surprise opponent to take his spot.

AJ is in a weird spot because he doesn't have the title anymore and thus doesn't really have a reason to have a match at WrestleMania, except for the fact that he's the wrestler on the roster. But on the plus side, people who are that invested in AJ want to see him in a good match, doesn't necessarily need to be a title match, and are probably also familiar enough with their history in Japan that they don't need some long feud buildup.

What? You don't like single named wrestler? What's not to love about Cass, Enzo, Joe, John, Braun, Sami, etc? Who needs names like The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, George the Animal Steele, The Million Dollar Man, Nature Boy Rick Flair, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man? Not WWE.
In my day, those names were usually saved for jobber on superstars or Saturday night lol

In light of 2017 Royal Rumble Match winner Randy Orton’s refusal to battle WWE Champion Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania, General Manager Daniel Bryan has established a 10-Man Battle Royal for tonight’s SmackDown LIVE. The colossal contest will feature John Cena, Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, The Miz, Luke Harper, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Mojo Rawley, Apollo Crews and Kalisto, and the winner will challenge The New Face of Fear on The Grandest Stage of Them All.
at least they aren't gutting the roster

ReiGun

While it was a pretty standard mediocre episode of Raw, I gotta say that catching up with the thread I'm actually hard pressed to thing of a time where it's been more hyperbolic for an episode of Raw.

I feel like I've watched certain posters over just the last few months become increasingly grouchy like they're pulling off some kind of shoddy heel turn.
Raw has definitely been "can't do right" status for some folks for a while.

I think some just like being curmudgeons. Which is fine; hate watching is fun sometimes.

Top Bottom