• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Zach

Rankings based on the game or here?
In-game. Or else that scumbag OwensIsNow would always be bottom-of-the-barrel.

(Love you, OIN.)

P.S. Keven Federline all up in that main event scene at Cyber Sunday '06, huh?

And:

Lc1vBGR.jpg

tag champ ^

Zach

CM PUUUUNK.

Finally. Looking forward to seeing him in action here at Survivor Series '06. Gonna have to wade through some crap first, though. D:

Anth0ny

CM PUUUUNK.

Finally. Looking forward to seeing him in action here at Survivor Series '06. Gonna have to wade through some crap first, though. D:

oooh, next up you have December to Dismember 2006, one of the more fondly remembered shows of that year!

Mark Andrews is really spectacular the first time. He doesn't have it as much in repeat viewings but he's one of the few flippy guys out there that I think actually reminds you of the first times you saw Rey Mysterio or AJ Styles. Just a really fun, vibrant style. I can't explain it because he's not even a top 5 high flyer but his stuff just feels less phony.

I think he just comes off as weirdly likeable.

Also, he doesn't feel as restricted as the rest of the CW. His flippy offense is no top tier but still has some cool things in it.

Current CW doesn't really have any top tier high flyers other than Metalik and maybe Alexander, between that and them working the WWE style (the whole arm drag by Metalik really sums it up perfectly), they are not letting the division flourish.

I wish they worked a bit more stiff, let those Tozawa kicks feel like a motherfucker.

Is her mom like, 30?

I know right?

From the video: Her Dad was 17 and, her Mom 18 when they had Bliss.. Her mom is older than her Dad woah. So that makes them 42 and 43

This is such a cool series idea.... Looks like Bliss has an amazing family.

Also lol from the home movies you get hints at where some of her current character comes from.. what a snarky kid.

News 13 in Orlando reports that a middle school student in Poinciana, Florida brought a "kill list" to class earlier this week. The list was inspired by "The List" made famous by WWE Superstar Chris Jericho, according to a Sheriff's Office report.

The "kill list" reportedly included most of the kids on the school football team, saying he wanted to shoot them. The Sheriff's Office incident report noted that deputies contacted the family of the student who created the list and they claimed the boy got the idea from watching WWE and mimicking Jericho, who "keeps a list of people he dislikes."

"A 14-year-old does not just write a list because it's just a list. We're not in kindergarten, saying, 'This kid is not my friend anymore.' He literally knew what he was doing," Michelle Spangler said, whose 14-year old twins attend the school.

The family said the boy had no intention of harming anyone but the incident led to parents keeping their kids out of school after the report came out. The school did not go into specifics about what happened or whether any disciplinary action was taken.
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0223/623516/student-brings-kill-list-to-middle-school/
OwensIsNow is a fucking mark.

News 13 in Orlando reports that a middle school student in Poinciana, Florida brought a "kill list" to class earlier this week. The list was inspired by "The List" made famous by WWE Superstar Chris Jericho, according to a Sheriff's Office report.

The "kill list" reportedly included most of the kids on the school football team, saying he wanted to shoot on them. The Sheriff's Office incident report noted that deputies contacted the family of the student who created the list and they claimed the boy got the idea from watching WWE and mimicking Jericho, who "keeps a list of people he dislikes."

"A 14-year-old does not just write a list because it's just a list. We're not in kindergarten, saying, 'This kid is not my friend anymore.' He literally knew what he was doing," Michelle Spangler said, whose 14-year old twins attend the school.

The family said the boy had no intention of harming anyone but the incident led to parents keeping their kids out of school after the report came out. The school did not go into specifics about what happened or whether any disciplinary action was taken.
A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT

Zach

I shockingly enjoyed a silly DX 2006 happening. Shawn Michaels immediately eliminates Mike Knox(?!) in the Survivor Series match and then walks over to his corner all like "who was that?" etc. etc. It was good.

somedevil

Here is the current card for Smackdown's Madison Square Garden show:

Special Appearances by AJ STYLES and SHANE MCMAHON!

JOHN CENA VS. BRAY WYATT
-WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH-

BROCK LESNAR (WITH PAUL HEYMAN) VS. KEVIN OWENS
-SPECIAL ATTRACTION WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH-

DEAN AMBROSE VS. BARON CORBIN VS. THE MIZ (WITH MARYSE)
-TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP-

LUKE HARPER VS. RANDY ORTON

AMERICAN ALPHA VS. THE USO’S
-WWE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH-

APOLLO CREWS VS. DOLPH ZIGGLER

NIKKI BELLA, BECKY LYNCH, TAMINA & ASUKA
VS.
ALEXA BLISS, MICKIE JAMES, NATALYA & CARMELLA (WITH JAMES ELLSWORTH)

RHYNO, HEATH SLATER & KALISTO
VS.
BREEZANGO & CURT HAWKINS

AJ Styles with no match as of today but card is subject to change. Plus Asuka takes Naomi's place.

Hero just needs better attire. Nothing wrong with a tubby guy who can go but the super small tights just isnt a good look.

Also why are they still trying to keep calling him Ohno? It was a bad name then, it was a bad name now. And WWE seemed totally OK with the counterweight and UK people keeping their names. Why are they so scattershot with the rules now?

Asuka on Smackdown would be a huge mistake... Smackdown women's division is doing really good and is really competitive.... adding a wrecking machine like Asuka to it would be a mistake.

Put her on Raw where the field is thinner and in need of a fresh face
I don't know. Raw's big problem for me is it's inability to let any of the stars look weak as everyone there is way too protected between their need to keep Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte and Nia constantly looking strong in some way. Tossing Asuka there would only make it worse. I'd rather she go to Smackdown where they would need a big face if they lose Nikki as well as having no Naomi around after Wrestlemania since it would leave Becky as the only babyface around to fight four heels.

Edit: I agree with Kurita that Charlotte vs Asuka would be a hot fire feud. Especially if somehow the PPV streak vs Asuka's undefeated streak was played up for it.

Zach

Shut up, Fox318.

Ohno looks worse than Owens and Owens' look is pretty crummy. He's kinda making it work, though. I can't imagine this Ohno guy making what I've seen work. It looks unhealthy and his attire is ill-fitting.

Not that fat dudes can't be THE BEST (WCW Vaduh).

I don't know. Raw's big problem for me is it's inability to let any of the stars look weak as everyone there is way too protected between their need to keep Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte and Nia constantly looking strong in some way. Tossing Asuka there would only make it worse. I'd rather she go to Smackdown where they would need a big face if they lose Nikki as well as having no Naomi around after Wrestlemania since it would leave Becky as the only babyface around to fight four heels.

They'd have to tweak her character to make her less of the female Goldberg.... Like the last thing Smackdown needs is someone to just Goldberg her way through the division, the Smackdown division works because it's so competitive.

Like that's the problem with Asuka on NXT, no one is believable enough to beat her. So much so that they've had to essentially create the next female Goldberg (who sells more granted) as the heir apparent...

And the division is going to be even worse with Ember Moon on top because she doesn't have the charisma that Asuka has and is pretty much as good as Asuka on the mic to carry the next phase pf the story: the drive to defeat the e second straight undefeated champion.

Like that's the problem with her on NXT, no one is believable enough to beat her. So much so that they've had to essentially create the next female Goldberg (who sells more granted) as the heir apparent...

And the division is going to be even worse with Ember Moon on top because she doesn't have the charisma that Asuka has and is pretty much as good as Asuka on the mic....
I would rather they just bring Asuka up by having her drop the belt herself and then a tournament or something happens to decide the new champ. Cross vs Moon is the finals, toss the belt at one of them.

I like Moon but for the love of god all I've seen of her is that she's some happy babyface which does not fit her look at all.

Fox318

BTW Zach you need to rewatch the Eddie Guerrero vs Ric Flair match on Nitro in 96. I believe it's the episode before Hall shows up.

Pre Wee is so great in it. Everything he does makes the heel look like a Fuck and he never makes the baby face look like an idiot.

Even when the heel wins by nefarious ways he raises the hand of the victor with a quizzical look when he heard the crowd boo.

I wish every ref would watch that match. There's is one WWF ref who is so fucking bad it actually gets on my nerves.

Zach

I may go back and watch that actually. I really love the guy. Like, a lot of times he's better than the wrestling. >_>

Top Bottom