• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

I have crunchy roll and Netflix.

I would use the network more if they actually uploaded stuff like Superstars and WCW Saturday night.

Instead we get shitty Mick Foley reality shows

Foggy

WaEExZ2.gif

Sephzilla

I know everyoen wants Marvel money but I don't know why anyone would think Luke Cage should get his own series. Dude's boring as fuck and always has been.

It's like giving the title to Tamina.

The honest answer to this is the same reason Cyborg is in Justice League. It's to get some ethnic representation in the mix because the MCU is overwhelmingly white heroes.

Pikma

Banned
I have crunchy roll and Netflix.

I would use the network more if they actually uploaded stuff like Superstars and WCW Saturday night.

Instead we get shitty Mick Foley reality shows
Don't worry, they're cutting the budget for that sort of garbage so that's the last one of it's kind

klonere

Banned
avengers have you watched the latest AJPW show? I think you'll like it for one particular reason.

Doering and SUWAMA murder Kai. Just totally take him out on the floor.

The story they are telling with Doering in AJPW is fantastic.

Beefy

The honest answer to this is the same reason Cyborg is in Justice League. It's to get some ethnic representation in the mix because the MCU is overwhelmingly white heroes.

Cyborg is basically black face though.

as he only has part of his face left

Sephzilla

lol

If they wanted to have a black superhero in the Justice League they really could have picked someone better than Cyborg though. Jon Stewart would have been good or perhaps Martian Manhunter (his human form is a black man). Cyborg is just so pointless to include because most of his worthwhile abilities can be done by Batman.

lol

If they wanted to have a black superhero in the Justice League they really could have picked someone better than Cyborg though. Jon Stewart would have been good or perhaps Martian Manhunter (his human form is a black man). Cyborg is just so pointless to include because most of his worthwhile abilities can be done by Batman.

I'd have preferred MR TERRIFIC

Man God

Non-Canon Member

DC tried half assedly to get more brothers over in the 90's but people just weren't ready for Steel.

John Stewart getting rehabbed by the JL animated series did wonders though. Mr. Terrific as well.

Sephzilla

Mr Terrific is currently busy being a glorified jobber on Arrow. Any time he starts to think he's a superhero he ends up getting squashed.

Actually that's kind of helped keep his character interesting. Season 5 of Arrow has been pretty legit so far.

Zach

Alexa Bliss is supposed to be a major heel character right now, right? So why did WWE put out a really nice video about Bliss's family and upbringing now? They did a similar thing to Seth Rollins when he was a heel too.

Because WWE is entertainment. Stop watching for wrasslin'.

Sephzilla

That's why Vince gets so hot under the collar over people calling a championship opportunity a "title shot"

I honestly don't understand why Vince is so controlling about calling everything "Championships" instead of titles/belts. I honestly don't think he understands that cutting out the kayfabe belief that WWE is a "professional sport/competition" undercuts some of the appeal of the product. Having everyone say the exact same canned expressions makes everything look artificial.

Cool, I have a gen one Pi from the launch. Amusingly, Pi's were sold out for ages, because.....they underestimated demand

Going off of reviews on Amazon it seems like there was a big spike in Pi sales in recent months. Nintendo sure did fuck up with the NES Classic

I honestly don't understand why Vince is so controlling about calling everything "Championships" instead of titles/belts. I honestly don't think he understands that cutting out the kayfabe belief that WWE is a "professional sport/competition" undercuts some of the appeal of the product. Having everyone say the exact same canned expressions makes everything look artificial.

Because he inherited a juggernaut of a company from his father and has lived in the bubble of that company for over 30 years and now believes he is god within it.

Going off of reviews on Amazon it seems like there was a big spike in Pi sales in recent months. Nintendo sure did fuck up with the NES Classic

They've put quite a lot into the channel recently, amazon de had stock for two hours the other day.

It took the Pi company months to get back on track too from memory, and they're a much more agile company then nintendo.

Guys. I was supposed to have a stressful as fuck weekend at work but it just got cancelled and now I'm off and free for the first time in ages. What's the best wrestling gif to sum up this feeling?

Pikma

Banned
Alexa Bliss is supposed to be a major heel character right now, right? So why did WWE put out a really nice video about Bliss's family and upbringing now? They did a similar thing to Seth Rollins when he was a heel too.

My Raspberry Pi is great!
because kayfabe is not a thing anymore and because for some people it's nice to hear about the human beings behind the wrestling characters?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

If only MCU had a popular ethnic character with a cool setting in an urban sprawl that was already preestablished

latest

Sephzilla

because kayfabe is not a thing anymore and because for some people it's nice to hear about the human beings behind the wrestling characters?

WWE right now turns on and off its kayfabe in ways that don't make sense. Like, Rusev and Lana get a ton of heat because their engagement becomes public knowledge and it ruins the on-TV story between Rusev/Lana/Ziggler/Summer. But then they'll do this non-kayfabe special about Alexa Bliss even though it kills her heel heat.

Like fucking make up your mind, Vince.

If only MCU had a popular ethnic character with a cool setting in an urban sprawl that was already preestablished

latest

Blade 1 and Blade 2 were so fucking good. These movie's really don't get enough credit - Blade 1 basically put superhero movies back on track after Batman and Robin ruined everything.

Sephzilla

I'm completely okay with there not being constant kayfabe like back in the 80s because that's kind of stupid. But WWE is so incredibly inconsistent about whether or not there is or isn't kayfabe and it actively makes the product worse. They should be able to at least maintain a kayfabe on their television shows, but they can't even do that.

Having Neville cut a heel promo on Raw and then immediately follow it up with a video segment showing Neville doing a "Be A Star" segment is kind of stupid because it breaks the suspension of disbelief going on with the show you're watching.

Recall

WWE right now turns on and off its kayfabe in ways that don't make sense. Like, Rusev and Lana get a ton of heat because their engagement becomes public knowledge and it ruins the on-TV story between Rusev/Lana/Ziggler/Summer. But then they'll do this non-kayfabe special about Alexa Bliss even though it kills her heel heat.

Like fucking make up your mind, Vince.

Blade 1 and Blade 2 were so fucking good. These movie's really don't get enough credit - Blade 1 basically put superhero movies back on track after Batman and Robin ruined everything.

Blade 1 is incredible.

Not a fan of 2 and 3 but 1 is stylish and super entertaining.

Their are dedicating Friday night at the Denver Art Museum to an event called "Wrestling is Art"

Lots of photos and some talks about entrances and attire.

If I can make it there in time I'll try to get some pictures.

Go if you are in Denver. Starts at 7pm

I just learned Bobby Lashley is a Trump supporter ��
Well, then he has something in common with Hayes, maybe they can bond over it.
What does this even mean?

If someone came out and said Ember Moon's gimmick changed last minute I would believe them 100%. The vignettes hyped her up like she was gonna be a female Undertaker character and then kawaii babyface debut.
A part of me thinks that happened with whoever nixing it because "we already have someone with a supernatural gimmick" even though Finn doesn't change or do anything different when he's "The DEMON KING™".

That was such a strange response in that interview. I mean fuck, make it a Saiyan gimmick or some shit, fighting gets her hype. Like I said before she's still basically Athena with a different name and music which I imagine why she uses "NXT War Goddess" as a hashtag. Go with it, she's a "warrior" and some shit, it's been six months and as a casual Athena mark since 2011 it's frustrating that they haven't really done anything to establish who she is and what she's about, I assumed that was the reason for Asuka's asking "who" when she was brought up but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pro-wrestling brought OwensIsNow and me together and we've been best friends ever since.
Careful, this is a way to get people talking and a potential visit from the cops.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kayfabe can be real. The best compliment I can give to pro wrestling is if they make it feel real. Even though I know it 's not real. Brock's return was amazing because he made it feel real, his matches felt real, his attitude that played into his real life attitude felt real.

WWE would rather have their cake and eat it too though and that never works. Stop trying to establish Alexa Bliss as the 'top heel' of your promotion(despite the fact that she's the worst wrestler on the promotion exaggerated sadface ) then run multiple videos about her family life and all of her hard triumphs.

It's amazing people on here just say 'it doesn't matter bro' when it does. When a babyface hype promo builds someone up as a face to the fans it's not because it's 'real' to them it's because it tell a story in an overall world.

The Network is the ultimate tool for building your 'WWE Universe' and keeping continuity to make it seem like you are at least trying to be consistent but they don't do any of that. People complained about Brock's 'clock in clock out' attitude but thats how ALL the WWE roster is about their characters and how management treats it. I clocked in as Heel McMustache but I want free reign to tweet about how much I love hugging puppies because its all fake bro. Why should I try to even pretend the illusion of realness even though that's the entire goal of pro wrestling? Instead, the only endgame from the starts is, 'we got a lot of gifs made and 5 snowflakes from dameltz' and the management, 'we sold some more t-shirts'

Everyone knows its fake but its easier to buy into the illusion if you actually make the 'wrestlers' seem like they're that way in real life. It's why stuff like the NWO worked.

Hasney

This has been a weird Friday. Work away day for half a day that wasn't good until someone started shooting about work on stage, then boss and me just went out and got hammered.

#BRINGBACKKAYFABE

It would make WWE a lot better. I don't need heels and faces to not drive or dress together but let people live Thier characters a little. I want to invest in characters not brands

IT USED TO BE BETTER

klonere

Banned
Kayfabe can be real. The best compliment I can give to pro wrestling is if they make it feel real. Even though I know it 's not real. Brock's return was amazing because he made it feel real, his matches felt real, his attitude that played into his real life attitude felt real.

WWE would rather have their cake and eat it too though and that never works. Stop trying to establish Alexa Bliss as the 'top heel' of your promotion(despite the fact that she's the worst wrestler on the promotion exaggerated sadface ) then run multiple videos about her family life and all of her hard triumphs.

It's amazing people on here just say 'it doesn't matter bro' when it does. When a babyface hype promo builds someone up as a face to the fans it's not because it's 'real' to them it's because it tell a story in an overall world.

The Network is the ultimate tool for building your 'WWE Universe' and keeping continuity to make it seem like you are at least trying to be consistent but they don't do any of that. People complained about Brock's 'clock in clock out' attitude but thats how ALL the WWE roster is about their characters and how management treats it. I clocked in as Heel McMustache but I want free reign to tweet about how much I love hugging puppies because its all fake bro. Why should I try to even pretend the illusion of realness even though that's the entire goal of pro wrestling? Instead, the only endgame from the starts is, 'we got a lot of gifs made and 5 snowflakes from dameltz' and the management, 'we sold some more t-shirts'

Everyone knows its fake but its easier to buy into the illusion if you actually make the 'wrestlers' seem like they're that way in real life. It's why stuff like the NWO worked.

Yeah but the eating disorder and young parents raising a successful daughter plays a lot better for corporate presentations and PR so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sephzilla

I just want there to be a solid kayfabe from the start of the show to the end of the show. That includes not using the term "sports entertainers" on live TV and calling them "wrestlers" again.

Everyone knows its fake just like they know an episode of Arrow or Game of Thrones is fake. But Arrow and Game of Thrones don't go out of their way mid-episode to remind you it's fake.

Luschient

My Raspberry Pi is great!

My Pi 3 is one of the best "consoles" I ever bought. Have a ton of NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/PS1/etc. games on there that get played ALL the time.

I can't accurately map an N64 controller to it though for a true Revenge or No Mercy play though.

Top Bottom